Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vraenea: Lower City

2 posters

Go down

Vraenea: Lower City Empty Vraenea: Lower City

Post by Xin Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:27 pm

???:IMAGE

The Sparrow listed lazily through the air enroute to the capital, plumes of black smoke billowing forth from double engines, a sign that the ship was likely in need of repair.  Though it was not so much a ship  but rather a dingy sporting a single  sail  which was hoisted on the  mainmast as series of golden octagons interwoven on a strange fabric which sparkled in the sun’s light – converting the  energy of the sun to turn the turbines below which propelled the vessel  forward. A single man stood at the helm, guiding the ship into port. The engines sputtered and whirled and the vessel vibrated, the  cross timbers swinging in  wide arches. They male easily ducked- it as mettle clamps slammed down  and tethered the boat onto the eastern  wall. Water flowed  from various  mills flowing into the river below however this such port was designed solely for the purpose of airships . There was a wide variety coming  and going to the city—some  filled  with  air—others with rotating  sales  that  provided lift and others.. just like his own . Different people with different purpose to enter the city. The Port was a place of life, the din and clamor of the  market below, ships loading and unloading. Though perhaps the most impressive ship was the kingdoms own  war galley which  could be seen hovering  off in  the distance, like a giant  whale in the sky.

The man regarded  the ship through emerald tinted goggles before slowly turning towards the  dock,  hopping onto the lower deck which was defined by two short steps as he moved to gather his belongings a large metallic brief case. The man donned what seemed the  be a simple business suit, though his face was covered by a gas mask which filtered the air. The male simple stepped across the  arms which held the boat in place using it as a sort of bridge  as he arrived upon the docks. Where a single guard was waiting for him. “Hail there.” The guard looked the man over briefly noting the man’s strange appearance though  they were accustomed to all manner of creature’ entering the city and were not too prejudice. Though still they liked to take an account of all who was using the  ports  and who  all entered the city just in-case there was an incident they would be able to seize the ship.  “What is your purpose for docking today… Mr… “ the guard intentionally lead the  question hoping  that the male would fill in the blank  for him.

A single glint of gold flashed through the air as the  male  tossed a solid gold  bar no larger than ones pinky finger. The  guard caught it. Fumbled and  caught it again as the male  slowly made  his way across  the port.  The guard cleared his throat and marked something down in his ledger. “Ah.. Welcome to port Mr. Black, I expect  I’ll have no trouble out of you.” He felt he already knew the  answer though he was just doing his diligence

A mechanic voice replied and the male made his way into the city towards the pub. “No trouble, just business.”

Xin
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Vraenea: Lower City Empty Re: Vraenea: Lower City

Post by Knosis Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:26 pm

The light was fading from the sky as twilight bathed the kingdom of Yuria with a golden glow. The buildings reflected the radiant light in a near heavenly glow. People were chatting along and returning from the upper city's festivities to get ready for the night of dancing and celebrating. Gossiping women spoke of the events they overheard from other women, hardly any of it true by the time it had passed this far.

Soft strumming of a stringed instrument delicately set the mood in the streets as a woman sat upon one of the barrels near the Baron's Tavern and Inn. She had a permanent smile on her face as she swayed back and forth in time to the bouncing notes of her wooden instrument. Although her music seemed to enchant anyone who walked passed, it was her own radiant beauty that, combined with the setting sun's golden rays, seemed to draw the most attention. Long curly raven hair set about her pale shoulders. Her eyes were the color of the sky on a beautiful mid-day spring sky. Her delicate skin, or what could be seen of it under the colorful clothing she wore, was fair and lined with the occasional markings of light brown ink. Those same markings trailed down her left cheek and fell down her neck, disappearing in the hem of her tunic dress. The clothes she wore, although simple, were fitted quite well and were of sturdy make. Her cloak, however, was mostly white, with multicolored diamonds decorating the thing. It was obvious she was a traveling bard, but one who's face had been recognized here on more than one occasion prior to this visit.

As her song finished, she took in a deep breath as if it had been her first in quite some time and looked to the sky. She had been sitting here for quite a while, it would seem and her stomach began to protest the lack of sustenance. With a sheepish grin, she bounded up with enthusiastic energy and bowed deeply to her audience. "Thank you~ Bu' I must retire for th' evenin'." She said, her accent thick in her voice. "I do 'ope I'll see you again!" She swept her cloak in another bow before making her way through the small crowd towards the door of Baron's Inn.

Inside smelled of alcohol, warm food, and drunk men. The door slid open on its own, but on the inside it was rather rustic, as much like the owner itself. Baron sat behind the bar, wiping a glass silently as his one good eye watched for the new entries and any signs of a bar fight. That man looked positively ancient, but even the elders said that their grandparents said Baron was old when they were young. The tables and stools were of old wood and were stained with years of booze, vomit and blood.

The young woman loved this place though. Out of all the places she had been, this was the one place that made her feel like home. Smiling sweetly as she pushed herself to the bar, she was greeted in kind with the rugged old man. "Well, if it ain't Skye." He said with a chuckle. "Didn't think you'd be back, you'd been gone so long."

"Oh, aye.. And never 'ave your booze again? I shiver at the thought. Speakin' of..." She gave him a sheepish grin and he shook his head with a sigh. "You're gonna drink me out of house and home, you know that right?" Skye rolled her eyes. "You 'n' I both know ya will run out of booze when they put ya in your grave. Now come on, gimme the good stuff. And somethin' to eat, anythin'. I'm starvin'."

Knosis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xin Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:06 pm

Boots clicked  softly against the  wooden deck of the pier as the male made his way into the city, there was nothing else that needed to be said, the guard would make sure that no one else h disturbed his ship while it was docked and tend to anyone one else who may be attempting to gain entry into the city, there were several such  stations  along the eastern  wall- and there never seemed to be a shortage of  spots where one might tether  their ships to the wall and yet it was brimming with life a  place for trade, several stalls and hut had been erected  a short distance from where  the ships were stationed funneling people through them as they attempted to gain entry into the city. The man  made his way through the throngs of people, merely  brushing past them before finally he  arrived at the edge of the town. The roofs were connected by a series of bridges and catwalks sometimes no more than a single plank of wood and a rope for one to steady themselves, yet for the children that grew up in the city it was just as much apart of them as were the streets below they ran across the narrow paths with ease moving from rooftop  to rooftop, disappearing behind one spire appearing on the next a few brushed past the males leg as he crossed  one of the bridges though he paid them no heed. He already had a destination in  mind and that’s all that mattered.

A pillar of smoke from the Barron’s tavern billowed from a distant chimney, joining in the dark  clouds which loomed just overhead . Most  of the businesses  and establishments in the town shared space stacking atop of one another like a house of cards rather than  building outward and most were relatively small specialty shops requiring  one to climb stairs, ladders, and ramps to get from one business  to the next,  yet the tavern itself was all one large building boasting several rooms  and  several stories high. Slowly the male made his way  across  to the adjunct  building, below, a spider’s web of pathways  crossing  in every which direction, he  found the stars leading  down  the side  of the building until he  arrived on  the cobbled street below. Singing filled the  area and a  small group  were gathered around  the entrance to the tavern to listen. Briefly- eyes the color of sea  foam regarded the girl- and yet  the appeared as the sea itself. Pushing past the crowd  he made his way towards the door. His objective, his mark, just inside at least that’s  what he had been told.

He paused in front of the door yet there was enough space for anyone to enter if they chose, studying the strange iron-work which had been woven into the wood- Spells, yet not as strong as those used upon the castle gates etched into the surface. He  imagined briefly, kicking  the door open- shattering into a thousand pieces as he attempted to surprise his mark already  his hand  had  been on a canister  which dangled from his belt one of several, the weight testing the weight within his grasp, yet he thought better of it when the woman, Skye, brushed past him and entered the bar. Not for her sake, or anyone’s rather but causing a scene for only a sliver of a chance seemed more trouble than it would be worth. The door  slid open as she entered  allowing light from the tavern to flood out onto the streets, reflecting dimly off the surface of the  metallic case he carried, offering a glimpse of the establishment. No, for now he would wait. The door slid open once more as he entered moments after her, moving to take an empty seat at the bar and waiting on the  girl to  finish with the inn keeper before placing  his own  order.

”I’ll have the same.” he ordered simply there was almost a cackle though  it could have just  as easily have been the air as it was filtered through the mask and the soft mechanical whirling of  gears as he seemingly produced from the  air  two golden coins.

Xin
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Knosis Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:08 am

Baron gave a grim look at Skye, then to the new comer before giving them both a sigh. "Girl, you owe me. Sent most of my finest to the castle for their little shin-dig this evening. But I happened to save one barrel I was HOPING to keep a while longer." He grumbled, walking back into the back. He came back with two large glass mugs, followed shortly by one of his bar maids with two bowls of harvest soup and a loaf of bread each. The grumpy old man placed them down and took the money from the pair of them. "If it ain't been for your singing and pretty face those years ago, this place would have gone under. I suppose I can open a barrel for you on occasion." He remarked before heading back to cleaning the same glass as he had prior.

As Skye waited, she given the stranger a once over but smiled none the less. She noted that he looked to be a man on a mission. She had seen that look a few times, being a target herself of bounty hunters.

"Don' think I've seen ya 'ere before." She said, keeping her voice down, but loud enough to be heard by the man. "'ere for the festival this evenin'?" Was he here for her, the raven-haired lass wondered. There was doubt, as he probably wouldn't have sat down beside her, and would have, instead, already be chasing her if that was the case. But there were the occasional one that liked to get close and strike.

Knosis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xin Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:24 pm

Settled upon the stool a single foot resting upon  the lower rung on the stool as he watched the tender  who  was still speaking with the  girl, somewhat flustered by the idea of having to open his last remaining cask of whatever it was he would be serving. A festival, he figured that would account for the Baron’s reluctance, though it was too late now he had already been found out and his stash discovered. When he had finished talking, and left to see to their orders. The girl had spoken to him- inquiring his business within the establishment. Stranger the Pirate, may have had that look about him, seeming to be a foreigner of some sorts from his strange suit to the curled horns sticking out the side of his head. Teal  hues seemed to be starring off into nothingness; a wave of light splashing against the back wall of the multihued glass, rums, whisky, and wine , that lined the back wall. Dull eyes. When she had spoken to him he slowly turned to face her, the soft buzzing accompanied  with the movement of his arm. The metal brief-case resounded with a hallowed, Thunk as he set it upon  the counter lightly strumming  against the top of it with his fingers.

“I’m here to deliver something, though it appears my friend has yet to arrive. He does not know I’m coming but I heard he frequents here. Perhaps  you can help me, he goes by  Smeg.” There was a wide grin which stretched across his lips though it would have been concealed by the mask and it was lost in his voice which came across as monotone and disinterest, nor was it portrayed within that stare. He had waited just until the Baron arrived as well to see his reaction, if anyone had known who it was it would have been him. A thumb slipped beneath the  chin of the mask, drawing it downward  to hang about his next by the straps, yet his face donned a mask of apathy. He reached into his coat drawing two more coins, paying for Skye’s meal as well. “For the song.” He told her, “I’m sure I would have had trouble finding the entrance if it weren’t for your singing—Us sailors have our own songs.” He told her. Though there was nothing in his tone that suggested the male ever sang himself. He took the mug in one hand and  started darning the contents in one long gulp.

Xin
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down