Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vraenea: Palace

+4
Mei'la Byaku
Lady Dusk
Knosis
Kingdom Of Yuria
8 posters

Go down

Vraenea: Palace Empty Vraenea: Palace

Post by Kingdom Of Yuria Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:29 pm

[wip] The palace gates are closed to the public and only those with a pass are granted entry, the gates stand open like two giants, studded with iron and reinforced with spells from ancient metal workers, their art mostly forgotten, though practiced and passed down to few. Two portcullis remained ever-shut, leaving a small space between them were guards stand at attention the only entrance is the small wicker gate in the side of the metal bars, and flanked on either side by a gate house with spiraling stairs that lead to the tops of towers. The palace itself is a series of gardens, spires, and jagged peaks, resembling the great mountains of the southern-lands.

Kingdom Of Yuria
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Vraenea: Palace Empty Re: Vraenea: Palace

Post by Knosis Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:43 pm

The palace buzzed with life, servants and guardsmen alike moving too and fro with enthusiasm and dedication. Maids swept the white floors and scrubbed them until they reflected like mirrors. Not a speck of dust could be found anywhere. Gardeners plucked and pruned the bushes and gathered the flowers from the maze-like gardens. Cooks and bakers from both within the castle and outside the castle brought amazing smells to the hallways around the kitchens. Barrels of Yuria's finest, as well as gifts from allied kingdoms were carefully carted from the cellars. Hand maidens stitched and sewed last minute decorations on napkins and dresses and uniforms. All for the evening, a night of dancing and dining, flirting and, most important and note worthy to most of the servants in the castle, gossip from the noble lords and ladies that would grace the halls and gardens this fine festive night.

Most of the excitement brought a smile to the young woman's face, a chuckle to her lips as she watched two busy-body hand-maidens fuss over a particularly rich garment and what should and shouldn't go on it. As the doors slid shut behind her, one of the pair of ladies, the older of the two, laid a careless glance over her shoulder to the newcomer before turning back to her rambling. It was a few seconds later, she blinked and did a double take. "Oh.. Oh! M'lady!" She spun around to address the younger woman, curtsying deeply. The other also mimicked as such, seemingly abashed at their rude behavor. "I did not expect you to show yourself so early!" The first lady said rapidly.

The pale woman covered her mouth and gave a soft chuckle again. "There is no need to apologize, Abigail. Curiousity got the better of me and I couldn't help but see what you and your sister have made for me this time." The younger woman held herself with a sense of diginity that can only be held by royalty. Her ebony locks trailed straight down her thin shoulders to the middle of her back. Her eyes were of emerald hue, and although they were kind and gentle, they hinted at a secret sadness. She wore simple clothes, of pants and a button down shirt, boots that came to her knees. She was every bit a spitting image of her father, but with the gentleness and kindness of her mother; at least that is what most said.

Abigail, the older woman, floundered slightly. Her chubby cheeks turned a dark shade of red and her lips pursed ever so slightly. "M'lady.. I'm afraid.. I-it isn't completed yet.." She added sheepishly. The younger woman's shoulders sagged slightly, but the smile remained. "I understand. I best leave you two ladies to it then. I don't want to spoil the surprise before it is done." The two handmaidens curtsied again as the Queen turned and left the room once again.

Roaming the hallways, she occasionally rearranged flowers more to her liking, help with deciding between the silver or golden goblets, and even stole a sweetie from the Master Cook's drawers, even though she knew he would have given one to her if she had simply asked.

Things were lining up to be a perfect evening for the masquerade.

So why did she feel so apathetic to it?

These festivities use to bring her so much joy, so much excitement. She would dance the night away, and beam under the watchful eyes of her parents as if she had not a care in the world.

This year would mark the third of her father's passing, and third year of her reign as Queen. It had been sudden, and just as quickly as her father left this world, she had to pick up the responsibilities. Duties to her people, ensuring the bonds of allies, keeping the military in check, all the while keeping appearances that she knew what she was doing and that she was a strong leader. In the short time, she had also found the darker side of her responsibilities. Those of who only stayed around and licked her boots, for instance, in order to try to gain favor or more power from her. And those who stayed in the shadows, those who wore masks of smiles who plotted behind her back. Oh yes, she knew they were there, but not who. And this, she came to the conclusion, was what killed her excitement. Who could dance carelessly forever worried that the partner would stab you in the back?

After a while, she came to a rest on one of the many chairs in the banquet hall, watching as the gardeners arranged the flowers on the tables. Peace roses lined the silver vases, the peach colored petals wafting a familiar scent. They had been her mother's favorite flowers, and in turn, her own. One gardener smiled and handed a single one to her directly and she sniffed at it idly.

Knosis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Dusk Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:09 pm

Onward the girl walked, her destination the castle to attend the event ball, or whatever event was planned. Truthfully she was not excited in the slightest. She loved dancing and music for sure but she knew most of the evening would be spent dealing with people who only wished to gain something from her. After all of the fighting and excitement of the attempted kidnapping of herself she was ready to wind down for the evening. "Well," she huffed pulling out a cloth. "Is everyone excited?" Her pace quickened wanting to get to te safety of the castle as soon as she could. Bringing the cloth up to her face she wiped off what make up was left after the days events. Hopefully the hand maidens would leave her alone once they heard what happened.

The princess' heels clicked against the hard street, the sound echoing off the walls slightly as she closed in on the front gates of the castle. "Come everyone stay close so I can explain that you are with me." She ordered to any friends following her. After a brief exchange with the guards she and her company were allowed passage into the courtyard. Many people stood by speaking idly to one another about politics, alliances, and several extramarital affairs. Such mindless chatter bored Dusk and she pressed onward, clutching her left hand in her right, stroking her thumb over it, hinting that it may be injured slightly. "I do hope we are not too late! " She chimed hoping to strike idle conversation with the group.

She made her way deeper into the castle, dozens of maids and butlers bowed greetings and asked her for her opinion on the preparations. Waving as many off as she could the lass finally made her way into the banquet hall "Sister?" She called out looking around her. "I have returned from the festival in one piece! Well... mostly"
Lady Dusk
Lady Dusk
Neophyte
Neophyte

Alignment : Lawful Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Knosis Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:36 pm

The banquet hall had transformed itself by the time Dusk had returned to the palace. Everything was laid out to perfection and seemed to glow with radiance. The Queen had stayed pretty much in the same spot the entire time, the workers working around her, careful not to disturb her thoughts she had lost herself to.

It wasn't until she heard her sister that she broke from her train of thought. The young woman seemed slightly confused of where she was for a moment before she remembered where she had come to sit. She waved briefly. "Welcome back." Standing and crossing over to her adopted little sister, a soft smile came to her lips that faded almost as quickly as she realized what Dusk had said.

"Wait.. Almost?" She gave her a stern look, her brows narrowing slightly. "What happened?"

Knosis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Dusk Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:37 pm

The girls chest rose and fell in a heavy sigh. Her eyes wandered for a moment looking at the hall. It seemed as if she had only been away for a few hours but it had gone from barren to warm and inviting. Whilst the queen wove and stood to greet her Dusk smiled and gave a small nod back and lost herself to her thoughts for a moment herself. The princess' thoughts drifted to the fond memories of her homeland and the many holidays she spent in a room not unlike this. She frowned for but a moment, longing to be with her parents and their loving embrace once more. This time, she was the one to be snapped back to realty by her siblings words. The queens tone of voice and worried look made her regret bringing up todays misadventures for a moment but she figured it'd be better to hear about it from herself than some guard.

"There is no easy way to say this but some group attempted to kidnap me." Dusk admitted quietly, knowing it was going to make her sister worry unnecessarily. She grabbed the others hands in hers, Dusks left glove, partially burned away and her palm still warm. "But there is no need to worry over me! I escaped thanks to my retainer and an old friend.... and" She held her left hand up showing the queen she had to use her pyromancy to defend herself and the people around her. "I know I shouldn't have but I saw no other option! I did not want anyone else to die especially knowing I could have done something to prevent it!" a sigh escaped her lips and she gazed down at her feet "I do apologize but I did what I had to, so please worry not for my sake." Her head tilted and she locked eyes with the queen "Are you ok? I've prattled on long enough about myself and with that gaze... what's the matter?"
Lady Dusk
Lady Dusk
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mei'la Byaku Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:11 pm

A festival roared in the streets of the city once more, like every year, a festival had occurred at this time. While the town roared and cheered, there was a disturbance, as smoke rose from the upper-level streets followed by a black mist, and screams. All Mei'la could do was watch from the balcony as the madness began spreading around, from both hostilities in the city to the crash outside the walls. Though she could hear a voice in her mind, Arsenal, whom shared a link with Mei'la as a part of the pact that she took up with him, his words were rough, sounding like it was dragged along a dirt path, but familiar and strangely comforting, as the two had been together for several years now, and were less human and Demonic patron, and more friends of some sort, yet his voice rang clear in her mind, "I see the festivities started with a bang" with a twinge, Mei'la shook her head turning around, speaking out loud to the demon, nobody else was around, so she didn't look crazy, "Shut it, Arsenal." The woman's words were swift as her armour clanked as she moved through the castle to Queen Eibhlin's side.

Despite the chaos outside, it seemed most of the maids, butlers, handmaidens, and alike all didn't seem to either notice it or were too occupied on what they were doing to care. Though several were in a flustered state, as there were happenings out in the city and kingdom that were, yes, concerning. Though the knight (one can put that loosely) kept her pace the same. She knew that should something happen in the castle, there are guards everywhere, and it would take a sizable force to so much as harm the Queen, even without Mei'la being near. Taking the more scenic route, Mei'la passed by the gardens, where she could see through the upper windows the rows of flowers and plant life throughout the area, it felt relaxing before she descended to the Banquet Hall, where her best bet would be on Queen Eibhlin would be.

As she approached, three figures were near Queen, two were recognized, Princess Dusk and her retainer Mineczka. She enjoyed the presence of the two, as they were often free-spirited, much like the Queen was. Though the third perplexed Mei'la, he was insanely tall, and wore full armour, without even a shred of courtesy to remove his helmet while both indoors and in the presence of royalty, he was no guard as far as Mei'la could tell, as one could easily pick someone of that size out with ease. Quietly Mei'la spoke to Arsenal, being sure she was unheard by the three and Eibhlin, "Arsenal, ready my normal weapons, in case things get.... Explosive" without even a word, the woman just knew Arsenal readied her weapons for a fight. Approaching, she opened simply to Eibhlin,

"My apologies for my tardiness, M'lady, I was looking out to see what was happening outside." Her words were official sounding as she knelt, though turning her glance to Princess Dusk, she spoke once more, "With what has happened, I am glad to see you and Mineczka have returned safely, Lady Dusk, though I ask, whom is this behemoth of a man by chance? I've not seen him before." At that moment her stance changed, standing now flanking Eibhlin, Mei'la was not taking any chances with this man, as there was a lot going on and the last person anyone was going to so much as harm would be the Queen herself, her sharp eyes remained steady towards the three, ready for any movement.
Mei'la Byaku
Mei'la Byaku
nooblin
nooblin

Alignment : True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellfire Fox Fume Knight Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:55 am

The knight was slow these days. He often held little value towards rushing through things, most of all walking through crowds of merry people. It was not something he often got to enjoy, and as such he quickly fell behind Dusk in spite of her having told him to keep up. So of course he was last to show up. He simply ignored anyone that would try to stop him and probably walking through them as though they were not even in front of him, though he doubted anyone would try. Being nearly twice as tall as most people and having a blade just as large did well enough to keep people away, though on top of that he had not even put a thought in to it. Most weapons swung by normal people would simply bounce off of him, his most powerful trait being his extreme resistance to most attacks, something his foes often sorely regretted overlooking. However, he kept mind to stay within a certain distance of Dusk, not letting her get too far away, and arriving aside her around the time she had asked what was wrong with...

His cloak had fallen back over his shoulders and his hood was still over his helmless head as he stepped forward to the woman, unintentionally looming over her as he hunched over slightly, looking directly down at her, his face perfectly clear if she would look up. His features were sharp with a permanently cool expression, though his deep grey eyes were intense and powerful, staring through them in an unintentionally powerful glare, though his light yet gravely voice was even lighter then normal. "Is this... the queen? She's... so small..." He said turning his head to the side in perplexity, completely ignoring the new knightly woman, or so it seemed on the surface, and the conversation that had been going on before he arrived. He of course meant no offense or to be overly informal. He had lived his life among kings and godly figures, formalities tended to fade from the mind as a war raged on. To be coupled with that, kings, queens, 'gods', they were all... around his own size. He had a hard time thinking of a truly powerful being who was not around his size, aside from one of course, and those with power had always held the right to lead in his own realm. He was keenly aware of the knight who was near them now in spite of acting as if he had not noticed her. She too was perplexing and he intended to confirm his suspicions about her later, though he had no intention of questioning her in front of the others needlessly. After a brief moment of staring he took a single small step back wordlessly. Small for him of course, though he cleared a nice distance and gave the small queen some space, his hood obscuring his face some now, though it wouldn't be terribly hard to see his face if one wanted to, given his height.
Hellfire Fox Fume Knight
Hellfire Fox Fume Knight
nooblin
nooblin

Alignment : Chaotic Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Knosis Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:02 pm

The longer Dusk spoke, the brighter the flame of fury grew in Eibhlin's eyes. "Am I okay?!" She asked, her voice still soft although it was sharp, she seemed slightly flustered. "Am I okay? Oh, my little sister, the princess by the way, was nearly kidnapped or worse and had to defend herself with only the help of her retainer and an happenstance old friend. Oh I'm bloody peachy. Where were the guards? There shouldn't have even been an opportunity to have gotten close to you!" She spoke, still sharp. For the first time, her eyes laid on Mineczka. Her glare was clear that she was furious, although it wasn't directed to anyone particular. The worry was clear culprit for the Queen's unusually foul mood.

It wasn't until her own retainer appeared, that she came to notice the third entity that had come to join them. She merely glanced at Mei'la, her eyes still ablaze before switching her attention to the knight that came in slowly after Dusk. After he gained her attention, she wondered how on earth she missed such a giant. Suddenly, she felt very naked without her own blade and wished she had chosen to taken it with her as she strolled the castle.

Still, a guest was a guest. Her shoulders raised slightly and lowered as she took a deep breath and composed herself, although her cheeks had a rosy hue to them in slight embarrassment. A soft smile came to her lips. "We shall discuss this further at a later time, Dusk." She ended the conversation for now, turning the subject on the newcomer. "Pardon my rude tone before." She stated, waiting for Dusk to answer Mei'la.

Knosis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:31 pm

The Countess had just settled into her room when the chaos erupted from the city below ,and though the Castle itself was rather secluded towers of smoke could been seen through the open window which allowed a subtle breeze sweep into the room, causing veils of cloth to sway gently in response. “Hmm.” A gentle sound touched black lips, a soft hum as she stepped out onto the terrace, which coiled about the room like a snake. Gloved hands lightly curled around  the edge of the railing as she leaned out hopping to gain a better  vantage of the  square, though it would have been too far off  and obscured by the large walls which encircled the castle grounds. “I suppose I should go and grace the queen with my presence.” The words left her in a casual manner, though she was not talking to  anyone in  particular  and she moved  back into her room—Stepping in front of the large mirror which stood on its own  two legs a little taller than her. Though she was by no means short nor of great stature. Most would have described her as tall and elegant, which may have had more to do with her stilted boots than her actual height and the long thigh high stocking which were stripped horizontally in black and white.

The woman donned a gothic style dress which hugged along her form and flared out at the bottom held in the shape of bell with wire mesh. All black and trimmed with white lace, the completion of the outfit was a similarly styled  headdress. Slowly she moved towards the door  her steps graceful and  fluid as she reached out to  touch the crystal,  the door slid open in  response, and she stepped  out into  the  hallway. A  man  waiting for her by the door.

“Walk with me.” She commanded, though it was more of an offer. The man  she addressed  slowly rose to his full height and despite the slight  curve of his back the man towered over the Lady. Though he remained silent and did as she bid. The Man in Black as he was referred to  was somewhat of a business partner, though there was something quite off about the man. A slight disfigurement which accounted for the ever present slouch as iftoo large for its body. The ridges of his spine could be seen through his overcoat. All black as well though he dressed in a simple business suit and stared at the h world through incomprehensible  eyes  that were further showed by a pair of dark sunglasses  [even though he was indoors] and a black hat rest upon a bald dome that was crawling with thin  blue veins.

“You always  were such lovely company.”

He commented through serrated teeth, voice laced with sarcasm.  An extended arm was offered the lady and She accepted as if the unlikely pair were old friends, but it was she that led them towards the main  hall where the  others had  gathered. And when she spotted the queen herself and her companions she began to  make  her way towards them. The creature however distanced himself, allowing The Countess to approach on her own. [And for good reason] The creature had not been seen  around the castle for sometime and others were always wary of his presence.  

Phoebe waited before speaking as it seemed they  were discussing the events of the square. “Hello M’lady.” She curtsied towards the queen then towards the princess Dusk. “I am very grateful of you for allowing me to stay here for the duration of the festival. Do you need any help with the preparations?”
Phoebe
Phoebe
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Dusk Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:25 am

Dusk sat silently bowing her head as the queen scolded no one in particular. Despite that Dusk kept her gaze lowered fearing that the lecture was directed to her for letting herself get into the situation "Dear sister the guards were there but they were drawn away by the crashed airships!" She explained hoping to calm her sisters ire. Her hands reached out gently holding onto the elder sisters forearms. She gently stroked the others arms with her thumbs in small soft circles. "Please sister keep yourself calm today is supposed to be joyous!" She tilted her head slightly and smiled to keep the other calmed "I am quite fine! See? My retainer did a fine job of keeping me safe and sound."

She kept her left hand on her sister and rotated at the hip slightly to gesture with her other hand to the man towering before her. She gaze looked over the queen and her sisters personal guard. Dusk let her eyes stay on that guard, her nerves on end worried for  the girls presence did not sit well with the princess. Catching her gaze dusk looked to raime and cleared her throat. "Everyone this is Sir Raime. " She said loudly with pride in her voice, eager to show everyone her Pyromancy instructor. "This lord is the one who kept me safe during my absence, the one who passed the knowledge of Pyromancy to me while I was away. " She smiled and gestured to the proud knight, "Raime, this lovely lady is the queen, my older sister." She  paused and looked up to Raime giving a small smile. She was an only child and was adopted  into this family but she would have to explain this later to him. How funny it was to her that the once pupil could now hold her own against the much larger master. She had grown as a mage and a pyromancer in her absence from her new found home, and if the escape she made earlier today was any sign of how far she had come, then the princess could be a force to be reckoned with.

"Sir Raime and I are close friends so there is little need to worry over him! He wouldn't harm a fly, unless said fly were to harm me!" She hoped her playful tone and her gentle speaking would show her sister that she was perfectly fine. "Oh hello!" She chimed, giving a small nod of her head to the Countess. The dark clothing off the woman was in stark contrast to the creams and tans of dusks own clothing but she supposed she was the odd one out due to her foreign birth. Taking the cloth she had brought with her out of the pouch on her hip, Dusk stroke her face in small strokes cleaning her skin of the dirt and make up from the day. "The lovely maiden has a point, Eibhlin. Is there any task I can complete to assist the prepositions? I hate sitting idly by whilst others work for me." Her attention was diverted back to the queen fully and she leaned in whispering to her alone "Perhaps a stroll together? Something to clear your mind?"
Lady Dusk
Lady Dusk
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mei'la Byaku Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:58 am

The man's name was Raime, someone Lady Dusk had met in her travels, and taught the woman pyromancy. He seemed strange to Mei'la as he had made a comment of the Queen's size. That intrigued the young knight, as the Queen was of relatively normal height for a human, she tilted her head a little, and inquired what the man meant. Her voice hadn't dropped it's sharpened edge, but sounded a little more relaxed, "Excuse me, Sir Raime, could you explain what you meant by that notion? Not all of us are of your size." Distrust faded into curiosity, as the man was double her height at least, and likely just as heavy to boot. As she eyed the man, a demonic voice chimed in once more, offering insight to who and where the man was from, "Hm... He might not be from this realm of existence. Maybe from a separate plane?" Arsenal was right though, he didn't strike Mei'la as someone from here. Though her attention was drawn aside, by a single woman, and the monstrosity that typically kept his distance, rightfully so.

The woman was in all black, as usual, which actually suited the woman well, as she seemed tall because of her boots, along with her black clothes, they were fitting to her pale skin, and she had pale hair to boot. As far as Mei'la knew the woman was a countess, which meant respect had to be given to the woman, as simple greetings were being shared Mei'la simply bowed her head as her hello, though the Countess brought something up, helping in the set-up process. After both Dusk and the Countess finished speaking, Mei'la's words came through, sharp as ever, at this point it would be considered normal that Mei'la's words were always sharp, "If you wish for me to do anything, M'lady, please do not hesitate to ask."
Mei'la Byaku
Mei'la Byaku
nooblin
nooblin

Alignment : True Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Mineczka Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:34 pm

So much for a calm day Mineczka thought as she entered the castle with a fleeing Dusk. Eventually dispersing the mist to reveal their escape. Hopefully the guards and Royal Guards don't freak out as Mineczka did just save Dusk from capture or even death as far as she knew. Passing through the palace there was a vibe going around, some of panic, others of just hard work for festivities afterward in a ball of sorts. Good thing I brought my Draconic Vestments she thought, remembering her dress that one could pass off as a proper gown, even though it was a little informal. Though that thought was brushed aside as the three came into the palace's banquet hall, which even had decorations being placed all around in it. As the entered, Dusk began speaking to Queen Eibhlin, a thin and relatively pale woman compared to Mineczka, with green eyes and very dark hair. Whenever Mineczka saw that hair, she thought of several Dragons' scales being just as black, her own included. As the conversation went on Mineczka's mind drifted off, even to the point she hadn't realized Mei'la enter.

Though when she did, the dragon's golden eyes locked to the Brown eyes of the human. There was no animosity between the two as far as both knew, but Mineczka could just feel something was off with the woman, and vice versa, which piqued the interests between the two, as they've been busy and have yet to question eachother on it. Though Mineczka turned to the Queen, her words were precise and carefully picked, as to not cause more problems,

"Your Highness, I'd like to explain the events in a bit of a better light. As the ambush occurred, Sir Raime and I quickly dispatched the first three whom attacked us. The guards were overwhelmed as there were a plethora more, and they seemed to be ill-equipped and out manned at the time, as an airship had crashed mere minutes before. However the Royal Guard has stepped in, allowing for our escape. I assure that had anything come towards Lady Dusk that Sir Raime had not handled, I would have handled it myself. I understand your concern though, as we were lucky to retreat unscathed. I apologize for the affair, and shall take full punishment on myself." Mineczka looked down, she knew she had been lackadaisical in her duties and that had led to the situation, even as the Countess had entered Mineczka had kept to her thoughts, as she tried to understand where and how she had made the error. Though she did speak up once more, keeping her voice calmed over her annoyance at herself, Dragons did not take failures lightly, yet she once more made eye contact to Queen Eibhlin,

"If there are any matters needing to be tended to I, as well, can go to manage them."
Mineczka
Mineczka
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellfire Fox Fume Knight Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:50 pm

The knight raised a hand slightly from between the folds of his heavy cloak as the queen apologized, gesturing it was fine. He didn't really care about formalities, what most consider to be rudeness or anything of that nature. He was more interested in getting to the point of things. Now there were even more people gathering however, which was becoming slightly frustrating. The more people that turned up, the more they were bound to try and be formal, and the longer this would take. Not to mention that large groups of people were not exactly where the knight was at his best. A question came now however, from the last person he expected in all honesty. "Ahh, yes. I suppose that could be confusing to you all. Where I have come here from, the strongest will typically rule. It has to be that way in order for the people to survive. Typically size is a denotation of power... though not always of course." He waved a hand once more. "Typically rulers would be around my size, or larger in some cases." He crouched down into a squat now, resting his elbows on his knees and putting a hand on his chin, causing his cloak to part much further and making him seem much less intimidating... aside from his blade pressing against the ground and being forced up through his cloak as well, showing off a small bit of it's impressive size, though not on purpose. It was rather unfortunate that so many had shown up, it was growing tiresome to listen to all of them prattle on, but he wouldn't say as much, his face still a stone like mask... until that woman spoke. He had not given her much thought before they arrived here, though his mouth twitch into a small frown for a brief instant when she said it was lucky. Of course, Dusk was to blame for this mess from the start, and she couldn't know how strong the one she was supposed to be protecting was, but regardless... "Luck or not, nobody was harmed. You should not be so hard on yourself, least of all in this time of rejoice." That hand on his chin waved a final third time before he rested his chin back on it as he disregarded all formality, almost as if he was speaking for the queen. He couldn't care less about the monarchy here, it would seem. It was not like anyone could stop him from doing what he wanted as far as he could tell, though he did speak up once more. "If it will put you at ease at all, know that I will be here for at least a few days, though I'm not sure how long. I will make sure to aid Dusk should anything arise." He spoke in a slow manner before dipping his head to the queen now, the first sign of him even treating her as such. What an unintentionally rude giant.
Hellfire Fox Fume Knight
Hellfire Fox Fume Knight
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Knosis Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:11 pm

And all of a sudden, the Queen was now surrounded. She smiled and nodded her head in acceptance of the Countess' arrival, ignoring purposefully the eerie creature that had followed her in. Eibhlin had met the pair on previous occasions, and she couldn't say she was ever quite comfortable with either of them.

"Please, make yourself at home for as long as you wish, Countess Phoebe. If you need anything, please do not hesitate in asking one of the servents." She turned to the large knight and bowed slightly to him. "I am grateful to you, Sir Raime, for your assistance in protecting my sister. I would like to invite you to stay in my palace as an honored guest until you decide to leave. It is shameful for me to ask such an esteemed guest to keep a watch over my sister, especially in joyful times such as these. However, I know these times call for caution as well, and I would rest easier if she had another pair of eyes keeping her safe."

She then placed a finger on her chin thoughtfully. "Actually there are a few things I require. Mineczka, I need my guard captains to report to my study within the hour. Could you pass the message for me? Dusk will remain by my side for a time, as there are things to discuss." She paused for a moment before adding, "After I speak with my guards, I will want to speak with you in private as well, Mineczka." She gave them all a bright smile. "As for the rest of you, I would like you to enjoy yourselves to how you see fit tonight. It isn't long before night falls and our other guests will arrive."

Eibhlin wrapped her arm around her sister's own, not giving Dusk an out should she have sought one. "Please excuse us." She tipped her head politely and pulled her sister in the direction of her study.

Knosis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:43 pm

The countess could not help but stifle a soft giggle at being called a Maiden, she had been called many  things before, Black  Widow, for the company she took and the fact that her husband  had taken ill and passed away shortly after their marriage, and whispers began to spread that she may have had some hand in it.  A black wilted rose on a crimson banner was the standard for her home, representing the estate’s poor affairs before her inheritance. Her husband had been a lesser noble who had established himself as head of the  merchant’s guild which was slowly dwindling into bankruptcy, but that was  a thing of the past. The maiden had turned the estate around and into the success it has become today.

She rocked faintly as  Sir  Raime  offered  explanation to calling the queen small, she herself was quite small, but her choice in attire  more than made up  for that fact. However if size  really was a h denotation of power than one might find themselves among giants. “Sir Raime was it? If that were  the case here than we should have need of a larger castle.” She spoke without waiting for a reply.

She looked over Minceczka with teal teal hues as she began to  tell of the events of the square, it was true that she did not know of what could have been happening and perhaps the other’s wished to  keep  it that way, though she  had already  approached the  group on  her own accord.  Clapping her hands together. “I’m glad the princess has such dependable people looking after her, it puts all our minds at ease.”  Though perhaps not all. A thin  smile crept across  black painted  lips, and she turned her attention towards the queen once more at her  offer, enjoy  the festival, make yourself at home. “You, are too kind My Queen. I will attend to the maids and offer my assistance, they deserve some time to enjoy themselves as well. I think.”  It seemed that the one making off with the princess that day would be the Queen herself. She  would not get in  their way or even  attempt to join  them, though there  had been  some things that she wished to  discuss with the queen. It could wait until they had taken care of their  current  affairs.

“But before you  go,  would you like me  to have my companion  look into things for you? He’s rather good at finding secrets.” She gestured towards the Man in Black who had been standing towards the edge of the room watching them through the darkened spectacles which masked his gaze. The creature was just as much the queen’s as he was the Countess at least that’s what he would tell her. And even when Phoebe looked towards him he did not move or even seem to acknowledge the stares or the fact that she  had mentioned him.

She would await the Queen’s answers, before politely excusing herself and making her way back towards her  ‘friend.’
Phoebe
Phoebe
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Dusk Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:21 am

A small, annoyed grunt left Dusks lips, drowned out by the several people talking around her. She thought it rude they were surrounding the queen and bombarding her with countless questions while she was trying to talk to her sister. Honestly, the princess did not expect anything different to happen. She WAS the queen after all, of course the woman was going to be harassed and prodded about countless matters. Dusk carefully clasped her hands in front of herself and half listened to whatever was being rambled on about and her eyes closed half way. It may have appeared to others that she was bored, or worse even nodding off but it couldn't be further from the truth. After the run in in the city her senses were put on edge, her ears focusing intensely, searching for any sound out of the ordinary. While she doubted anyone would be foolish enough to attack her in the safety of the castle the fact she had already been attacked in a public area , in broad day light none the less did not put faith in the stone walls around her and the guards that protected her sister and herself. Her head slowly shifted to look to her left, gazing at all the decorations and servants moving around her.

The corner of her mouth drew up in a smile that she struggled to keep from growing into a child like grin. The small princess felt herself inhale silently, her chest rising as her mind filled with thoughts of both her home and years prior where her elder sister was much happier than she appeared now. Her gaze slowly shifted to the kneeling Raime and waited until their gazes locked. Her smile curled up mischievously and she finally spoke "I am sure... Master.. Raime" she said, her tone making a joke at the fact he was once, and is in some regards, her master and instructor. "Will do a fine job along with Millie. Isn't that right?" She asked teasing him, hoping to get some kind of reaction out of his cold facade. Dusk looked to her sister as her arm was claimed and worry filled her heart "I shall return. Millie make sure no one causes any trouble!" She ordered playfully as she was led away. Once they were far from they prying ears she cleared her throat expecting a lecture from her sister. "Yes? What is it you wanted to talk about?" She paused for a moment and nervously spoke "Did I do something wrong?"
Lady Dusk
Lady Dusk
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mineczka Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Yet another shot on Mineczka's pride, this time from the Queen herself. Being that dragons cannot share very well, hearing that the Knight Raime was now another retainer for Lady Dusk was pretty well insulting to say the least. Though that thought moved aside as she thought of the events that had occurred, it was sudden and seemingly unwarranted, as no wars had been present for some time to her knowledge, along with the royal house seemed to be well loved when one thought on it. But that was moved aside as the Countess had approached the three and began talking, mentioning something about time off to enjoy themselves. A light laugh had bubbled from her chest as Mineczka shook her head, "While I appreciate the sentiment, Lady Pheobe, my job as Lady Dusk's retainer is never over and I must keep some vigilance." She smiled lightly, being careful to contain her secret from everyone.

Yet the Queen had responded to Mineczka's question, with an order to have Mineczka fetch the captains of her guard. Seemed easy, though the tail end put a mild lump feeling in the dragon's throat, as she wanted to talk to Mineczka herself, in private. That spooked her admittedly, for she felt that her secret may have been jeopardized. Though with a nod, she walked out to gather the other captains, starting out at the farthest known locations, and moving along from there, 'And she expects them within the hour?' she thought as the dragon jogged between areas, unable to expedite the process because of her own want to at least be normal. But eventually she caught up to all the captains and began bringing them back in, even the Royal Guard captain, whom might not be very happy with her.

And just barely in time, Mineczka had gathered everyone in the Queen's study, while she stood outside the door waiting for her Highness herself.
Mineczka
Mineczka
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by InnocentByStander Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:58 am

Palace Study

Mineczka had called him to the Palace Study for a briefing with the Queen and he had went without so much as a word to her in kind. His feelings on the situation were a heavy mix of anger, disappointment and pride. Of course, as the Captain of the Royal Guard, he was angry that the situation had not been handle before danger was present in the princess' area. He was disappointed in the response time of everyone involved, regardless of the proximity to the situation. Lastly, he was proud. Proud that those under his command,the guard assigned to the princess and Lady Dusk herself had been able to handle the situation without a friendly casualty. But, he'd need to set those feelings aside and focus on the details he witnessed when he'd arrived on scene. He couldn't imagine the Queen would be too happy about the events that transpired. And likely she would be disappointed and angry at the same things he was; no doubt others as well.

Alyrion, The Shining Lance of Yuria, stood silently in the study as he allowed his eyes to roam and admire the vestments about the room. This was not the first time he had been here, and likely to not be the last. But each time he seemed dumbfounded by the luxury afforded to those who ruled this kingdom. He was standing near the door and on alert without even realising it. Surely, none would attempt to kidnap a royal in their home, would they? At this time he wasn't really willing to leave any advantage in the hand of the enemy; that's why he clutched so tightly to that pebble in his right hand. His helm was tucked under his left arm and he'd since taken the liberty of removing some of his armorer pieces, now only clad in his leg plates, spiked gardbraces and specialized gauntlets. Beneath was a smooth suit of ebon hue; his chest embroidered with the crest of the royal guard.

Nerves on edge, mind focused and outwardly ignoring those currently present, he awaited the arrival of his Queen.

InnocentByStander
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Knosis Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:51 pm

The Queen hesitated for only a moment, turning her gaze from the dark countess, to her monstrous companion. A light gleamed in her eyes briefly but she smiled politely. "I do not need his assistance as of this moment." She said kindly, although the look she provided the Countess, Phoebe would know that there may be a time later on that she would call upon them. Eibhlin nodded her head in farewell once more before ducking off with her sister before she was caught up in more affairs of the court.

The Queen's expression grew dark and a wrinkle formed between her brow as the pair left the sight of the visitors. A lot was on her mind, and as Dusk had been able to catch on, had been for quite some time. Something was troubling the young woman. At first, she hadn't even noticed Dusk had been speaking to her as they made their way to her study. Blinking out of the fog of thoughts, she turned to her sister with a confused expression. "No, m'dear." She said quietly. "Hearing you were nearly kidnapped has got me.. On edge, is all." She turned to dusk and gently placed her hand on her sister's shoulder. "After mother's and father's untimely demise, I worry that I am cursed to be alone. I do not want to lose the last bit of family I have left, Dusk. If I do, I'm afraid the last of my strength will crumble." She smiled softly.

"Please do be vigilant, sister." She waited momentarily before letting go of her sister's shoulder and opening her study, allowing her to walk in as well. Immediately, she strapped on her rapier. Almost instantly, some relief spread across her features.

It looked as though she had more to say. However, they were soon joined with one of her Captains, Alyrion. "We'll discuss things further later, Dusk. For now, just stay here with me."

"I've heard some things have been making our festivities interesting, Captain Alyrion. But I learned these things from civilians and my sister instead of my own men. What the hell is going on?" Eibhlin asked. Her words weren't harsh, but it came with the sort of learned command that she had gained from the brief years she had been in charge.

Knosis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Dusk Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:28 pm

Remaining silent for a moment the princess took in the sights of the alien beasts around her. They admittedly put her on edge but her gaze remained friendly and observant. Her heels clicked loudly against the ornate floor that was far more regal than anything she had seen in Oolacile. Dwelling on that thought only the God’s city of Anor Londo was so regal and grand. “I shall take care of myself.” She stated, placing her hand on top of her sisters. “And Such event will not happen again, and in the tragic case it does I shall be able to fend for myself.” She smiled warmly and lifted her left hand up, a small flame danced for a mere second over the tips of her fore fingers. “I had no trouble doing so today!” Perhaps such light hearted humor was not the best for the current situation. Clearing her throat Dusk took a moment to sigh and meet her sisters glance with her own “I’ll keep myself safe I promise. After all you’ve done for me? I wouldn’t dare hurt you by being harmed by some reckless actions!” Not perfect in her eyes but she deemed it better than what she had said previously.

She kept silent as her sister and her entered the study, her chest rising and falling as she mentally prepared herself for whatever lay ahead of her. “Alyrion, Mineczka.” She said quietly, silencing herself when the queen spoke, listening intently. “Ahem…” She whispered trying desperately not to be rude. “It seemed to be an organized attempt to kidnap me…. There were dozens of attackers it seemed with plenty of fancy equipment. I may not be an expert on such things but it seems to be a premeditated attack with several weeks, if not months, of planning. I just worry because several civilians were killed… or guards… regrettably I did not see clearly enough. Sister as a note the clergy would much appreciate it if we made an appearance to the funerals.” She looked over the room and glanced to her feet for a moment. Her sister had her rapier and Dusk admitted she felt almost naked without her blade.
Lady Dusk
Lady Dusk
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by InnocentByStander Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:46 am

”Your Highness...”

Alyrion bowed his head and crossed his right arm over his chest; clenched fist over his heart. Her following speech weighed heavy on his mind; in a way it was his fault that this had all gone so far. Had he been more vigilant, had he been present at the festivities he deemed as unimportant the situation could have been handle more quickly; more thoroughly. That some of the kidnappers had escaped and, therefore, given the chance to regroup; it was unacceptable. He opened his mouth to speak but caught his words as he noticed Lady Dusk leaning over to her sister, her whisper audible enough in the silent chamber for him to have heard every word that she spoke. The Captain could not help but let a smirk form, did he even really need to be here? It seemed the Princess had the briefing under control.

”What the lady said is true, your highness. An unknown group has shown interest in the royal family for reasons unknown. I do not believe their actions at current to be violent in nature; at least not towards the royal family. They were there to kidnap, not to murder. Usually there are murmurs of such plots between the criminals of the city; had I been present the situation could have been avoided. My sincerest apologies, your highness.”

Once more he bowed his had to the queen and continued quickly. There was more news.

”Also, your Highness. Upon my return to the castle I received news from the guard posted at the gate. A starship has fallen in the outer fields and it's pilot has been detained. But that's not all...”

Alyrion gritted his teeth and clenched his fist at his side. How could so many things be going on at once? The saying went, when it rained it poured. Well, their parade had just been blown away.

”Another shipped arrived shortly after similar in design to the fallen and the intentions are unknown.”

At this time, he had no idea that the pilot of the crashed ship had escaped into the lower city. Nor did he know the seriousness of the situation pertaining to these new arrivals, or the return of Horace and company in the Lower City.

InnocentByStander
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Knosis Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:33 pm

The queen's eyes narrowed. "The pilot that has been detained, I want him imprisoned. I do not like how things are happening back to back. He may be inline or a co-conspirator with the would be kidnappers." She demanded.

"Gather your men and surround the starship as well. They will not enter my kingdom until I have spoken to their leader and gotten to the bottom of this. Go now!" She demanded. She then turned to Dusk. "Dusk, I want you to go to my room and I want you to stay inside the secret chamber there until I've sorted this out. Please do not argue with me. Tell Mineczka to follow you and to stay with you, and that I will call for her another time."

Knosis
nooblin
nooblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Dusk Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:47 pm

The information the princess was now hearing made her even more on edge. Not only was she nearly kidnapped but people appeared to be invading her home? This was all beginning to become to much for her. "Are the people safe? Have these pilots or what ever we are calling them shown ill intentions to anyone?" She asked taking another step closer. After all her thoughts were always with the wellbeing of others even over her own safety. "With these star ships we have no idea what technologies they have! Even worse they may have weapons we cannot fight against!" Dusk quickly reached out and grabbed the knight with her left hand, the heat radiating on it could be felt quite easily if left to sit in one place for long. "Ensure their safety Captain. I know what you are dealing with is unfathomably dangerous but we can not have any more death today."

Her gaze shifted to her sister, her mood souring. "But sister ... the festivities... the church wishes for me to oversee the burials.." She stood silent for a moment and turned on her heels. "Understood." She said with out further need for instructions from her sister. "Come Mineczka."
Lady Dusk
Lady Dusk
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down