Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Kings and Prophets - She's in your area!

2 posters

Go down

Of Kings and Prophets - She's in your area! Empty Re: Of Kings and Prophets - She's in your area!

Post by Nabonassar Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:05 pm

”The problem, dear sister, with that proposal, is that you cheat.” A shockingly handsome bearded man, holding a meerschaum pipe with the head of the gorgon Medusa from Earth mythology on it, parted the crowd of merchants who had all been struck dumb by the offer and the subsequent unveiling of the fact that the beautiful woman was a hustler. Nabonassar patted one of the merchants on the shoulder, “Best leave this one to me, gents, before you lose all of your valuables and get nothing in return.”

He shooed the merchants with a flip of his hand. A manly one, though. Not a girlish one. He moved, then, to sit across from Nebuchadnezzar, two Kings with pale eyes no doubt eyeing each other like strange cats. He smiled, however, “Hello darling. Sorry to spoil your fun, but I really did need to speak with you. And disentangling you from a mob of angry men wasn’t my idea of fun.” He produced a match from within his jacket pocket and struck it, touching it to the bowl of the pipe to light the tobacco within. A strange habit for him to pick up, really. However, it seemed oddly appropriate.

He leaned back in the chair, lounging in a pose oddly reminiscent of the King he sat across from, “Deal, dear. We can talk as we play. What game?” He gave a grin. He was proficient at hundreds of card games. All the rules and odds and ways to win stockpiled in his brain. He puffed on his pipe, watching his opposite. He sat there for a while before beginning, “So, the collective has decided, or rather I have decided for them, that Black Sun requires a nanny. And we Kings are the best nannies in all creation. So I’m moving into the neighborhood, as you might say.” Her reaction ought to be fun.
Nabonassar
Nabonassar
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Alignment : Advisor to the Empress Regent, King

Back to top Go down

Of Kings and Prophets - She's in your area! Empty Re: Of Kings and Prophets - She's in your area!

Post by Nabonassar Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:05 pm

Nabonassar chuckled softly, waving out the flame of his match as his cloud of smoke mingled with hers, “Dearest Nebu. A smile on tor face would be a capital crime. A smirk suits you better. I should know. It’s damn near my face as well.” He winked, pulling on the pipe again and letting the smoke drift from his mouth and nose at the same time, curling upward and obscuring his vision for a moment before he shifted his jaw and the set of his lips before blowing a large ring that swam forward to Nebu. He grew wider as it went before the lower edge broke against her pale, slim neck.

He looked at her, smirking, “You know Empresses are my specialty, dear. But as far as it goes, Black Sun may not be magically powerful, but they have a great deal of tech. And tech, in some corners of the universe, is considered power. A small mind is not something I would have suspected of you, darling. Honestly, living amongst the elite of Dorian must have dulled your wits. Or perhaps it was the children?” He shook his head, leaning back, “Besides, both Celesin and Dorian are of a predatory nature. Black Sun deserves to have its shining moment when I arrive to stave off the wolves.”

He narrowed his pale eyes at her, “But don’t fret, darling. I’m going to have a house-warming party as soon as my new home has been set up, and both you and Esar are invited, as well as anyone you choose to bring. This will be after I make myself known to the Empress and such.You know how I love to show off my domicile. It will, of course, be majestic. And worthy of a King.” He winked, “I think you’ll love it.”

His fingers traced the gorgon’s head as he took yet another pull off the pipe, “I don’t suppose you have any words of wisdom, darling? Esar was full of them. Lots and lots of advice for dealing with the doll-like Empress.”
Nabonassar
Nabonassar
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcerion Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:44 pm

Had this meeting been planned in dark corners of imperial luxury vehicles, or was this another one of those happy coincidences he had begun noticing perpetuating the landscape of his life. His niece had been spotted by one of his herd, excellent considering that he had a pressing need to speak with her. What was not excellent was the company which he could not identify through the eye's and minds of the herd. A shame most of them were not so preternaturally gifted as he, he may of been able to more easily identify what Nabonaser was from his throne in Kresh'alam Dor. Time was spent observing, some of the merchants, the eye's of the servers, and the men and women of pleasure in the secluded rooms. For him at the center of his web of power it was as easy as moving from one light source to the next, observing as a thing. They were not hiding their words, quite bad practice from his niece, then again she was afforded more freedom to speak than most any Dorian noble except for his own flesh and blood perhaps.

From the corners the herd moved against itself, one leathery merchant pistol whipping the other. A chair was thrown and a fight broke out, with more being gathered in that corner far from the Kings. Was it really so uncommon in a place as near law less as this that a fight shouldn't break out? The roiling mass of flesh and blood, pain and hate continued to gather steam. More and more until finally the cause had been found, and a leathery skinned man or two, lay passed out, and a pretty human female lay bloody with cut palm and fingers. Sitting between the passed out figures was someone which had not been there before. Sipping casually from a cup of fine china, a nectar which he would keep to himself. Sliding out he would push one leathery merchant out onto the floor and press well polished shoe to the side of the mans skull.

"You should know better than most not to interrupt the herd when I'm observing Asad." He removed the shoe from the mans head and stomped down upon a hand with a show of strength to quell the herd which had gathered around him. Pure white slacks pressed and form fitting, a red ornate vest with black tie barely poking out from between that and the perfect white of his dress shirt. Hair perfectly parted from black roots to snow white tips, red eye's and sharpened teeth kept him from appearing all too approachable, well that and the acts of violence against this man. He sipped from his cup and starred down at the being he'd named Asad, twisting heel to break bones in hands. "Penance dear Asad, until your fingers heal, you will perform the herds penance." He removed his foot and stepped through the herd which had gathered around him. The leathery man with the broken hand slinking off to some back alley, if he survived he would be made all the better for it. Some of the herd followed, sick looks in their eye's of the wrong kind of pleasure.

Dusting off his shirt he would step over the injured woman without a second look, just the look of fear in her eye's that the emperor himself was here in this den of pleasure. Traitors were always so fearful, but he would let them all stew in whatever seditious thoughts they had been thinking prior to his appearance. He looked, full. Whenever he met with his niece he typically looked older, haggard even hungry like a predator unsure of where his next meal would come from. Here, something about this place made him appear more real, and more alive. He grabbed a chair with his free hand, and placed it at the table with Nebuchadnezzar and Nabonasar. Sipping at his drink still he would cross his right leg over his left and notice for once the small bit of blood that had tarnished the white of his slacks.

Another sip of his drink as he would shake his head. "My apologies for the commotion. Your orders may be a bit late, though don't worry about the bill, I'm sure I have a tab somewhere here. My herd was running some form of operation here til I came through." As if to punctuate something about his herd, a scream could be heard from where the being known as Asad had moved off for 'penance'. He grinned wide and looked to his niece before her company and he would extend a hand towards the King. "Arcerion Vileur-Shuinsai. Who might you be to of peaked my nieces interest?" He had a damn good idea what he might be in store for. He had been observing after all, but he was nothing if not adaptable. This was a social call, and he would make the best of it. Whether his hand was taken or not, or Nabonaser even decided to introduce himself, he would continue to drink from the cup he had. He might turn towards his niece with a small smile shared between them. "I've been looking for you. You simply must get out of that drafty house of yours more often."
Arcerion
Arcerion
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabonassar Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:34 pm

Nabonassar wasn’t really one for overly dramatic expression, but he gave an exaggerated roll of his eyes. Nebuchadnezzar was just so temperamental. So easily offended by the slightest thing. He chuckled softly, “Darling, someone obviously had a hand up that woman’s skirt. And thanks to Leonardo, someone will always have their hand up that woman’s skirt. Thus, I am justified in saying that someone might as well do it. Who better than yours truly?” He smirked, then shook his head at her retort, “My dear, I hope you realize that I’m not actually here for information. You ought to know that while I do well with information, I’m at the top of my game when I’m winging it. Really, all I am here for is the pleasure of your company before I move on to pressing matters.”

As her smoke ring came toward him, he took a long pull from his pipe and he puffed out his cheeks and began to breathe out rhythmically, the smoke moving away from his lips a short way before taking shape into a classic triple masted galleon with full sails. Of course, a little trickle of power was necessary, but not more. And once it was formed it breezed through her ring and up over her head to dissipate over the heads of the others in the room. He then looked to the server, “Oh dear. What will I have, I wonder. Can you people make a proper Godfather? Whiskey, preferably. Top shelf.”

He smiled, then, at Nebu’s continued offers of information, “Stay away from the Exercion. Understood, darling.” And it was just as he was about to continue that the commotion in the room broke out and a strange figure all in white appeared. The ‘herd’, as Arcerion called it, split and then the figure, taller than both him or Nebuchadnezzar, joined them at the table sipping tea. The Emperor of Dorian offered his hand and, Nassar, ever the people person, shook it with his classic smug smirk on his face, “Nabonassar. A pleasure, Arcerion. I suppose, since she is your neice, that might make me your nephew by proxy. I am part of the Collective of Kings. Nebuchadnezzar’s cousin, of sorts.”

Then he turned his pale gaze upon Nebu and smirked, “I was just saying something of the sort to her just a moment ago. I was letting her know that I was planning a housewarming party in Maur Prima once I get settled there.” He then looked back to Arcerion, “By the way, don’t you realize it’s quite rude to send your own cousin to warm a rival monarch’s bed just for the sake of information, old boy?” It was a great deal different than what Nassar himself was about to do. He was going to ally himself wholly with Black Sun, and work in their best interests. One King to watch over and guide a Kingdom. Those were the rules. And the only greater design was for peace.
Nabonassar
Nabonassar
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcerion Tue May 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Arcerion shook Nabonassar's hand in a firm grip, not having bothered with his usual white gloves, this small change would of proven to his niece his own confidence in the presence of not one but two kings of their collective. Once greetings were done he would chuckle at Nabonassars own admittance that he was by proxy part of his family in a weird sort of way. The good humor was something he didn't normally show to new people, but the King had hit a particular funny bone. "If only the Celesin emperor saw things that way. It would make negotiations a little easier. I fear all of my dealings with him must remain in the shadows cavorting with their empress." He turned to his niece with a wry smile. Of course he'd been speaking with Celesin on multiple occasions, if there was one thing Arcerion preferred to power, it was his own continued existence. At this stage in his life, it was only the Celesin Emperor and nothing less than he that could of frightened the Exercion to tread lightly.

His own demeanor became a tad more serious as Nabonassar mentioned the Black Sun and specifically how much bad form it was for him to send Sergei to warm the empresses bed. He sipped his tea as his niece made her comment about the gutter, and removed the stain from his slacks. He gave her a nod of appreciation before he turned back to the new King he'd been introduced to. "We take whatever advantages we can gain. Not that I needed it, you'll soon find my own people mingling with those of Maur Prima, and should I need to speak with her or her council, I certainly doubt she would deny an ally who has done nothing but help advance them.." He chuckled at that but continued after another sip of tea to wet his throat. "That particular cousin of mine is uncontrollable. He does what he wishes, and I pity Ghanima if she cannot hold his attention. After all, he was bred for war before I raised him above his poor genetic deficiencies. There will be conflict on that planet, and if Sergei isn't the cause of it, I will be very surprised"

Setting his cup down he uncrossed his legs and pulled out a small vial from his pocket and dripped a few drops of the vitae he kept on him into the tea. Looking between the both of them he grinned. "I prefer a bit of spice in my drinks. It's a refined taste, even my mother dislikes it." He turned now to Nebuchadnezzar and nodded at her mention of emerging and he certainly did appreciate her use of his empires space to perform whatever duties the king deemed necessary, his trust in her was not misplaced, after all he had shown her the stakes already that they all played for.

"The life of an emperor and family man is quite busy. However I have begun to notice that many things are beginning to converge. Coincidences, much like Sergei, or my sons time at the Sanctum ranch, keep happening. Convergences are dangerous times, power attracts power. I wanted your opinion on such events. Of course I wouldn't come empty handed. If you require something from me I will as always do my best to deliver." In the end he didn't mind that he was speaking before another King even if Nabonassar had yet to show where his intentions lay. "Ah yes, I was wondering, has my grand niece or nephew been born yet? I would detest not being allowed to at least send a birthing gift to my family, and I promise my sadistic streak for gifts has left me. Though to see the face of Ghanima when I gave her an orchestra, classic unenlightened mortal. I believe even the bales were proud of that gift I made." The male King was given another look as he spoke.

"I love meeting new people, so tell me Nabonassar, why do you believe I have allied myself with a planet bound empire like the Black Sun?"
Arcerion
Arcerion
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabonassar Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:48 am

For Nabonassar, the handshake was quite the interesting experience. He did not initiate the full data retrieval subroutine for physical contact, but it was still interesting. He had been. . . out of the loop for a while and it was good for him to gather a trickle of information himself. He released the man’s hand and listened as Nebuchadnezzar made excuses for him, “Hush now, my darling sister. No need for excuses. My tongue has it’s own silvered side when the need arises.” He Looked to Arcerion as the Exercion offered up an. . . explanation of sorts. The conversation about Nebuchadnezzar emerging from her shell was intriguing, to be sure, but he couldn’t help but laugh.

“So, let me see if I have this right. Sergei, as you call him, is a creature of conflict. And yet you sent him as an ambassador to an allied empire. In essence, you have placed a dormant bomb within Maur Prima itself?” He chuckled softly, “What was that you said about not being sadistic about gifts any longer?” He shook his head, “My friend, you simply must learn to stop lying to yourself on that score.” He looked at Nebuchadnezzar, “I am honestly surprised that you survived in this adoptive family, darling. At least Celesin isn’t overt in their cruelty.” He smiled and took the last hit on his pipe, tilting his head back and breathing out a cloud which was oddly inverted. The main part forming a wide base while the rest of it formed up into a cone. He flicked his fingers as he finished exhaling and what appeared to be a volcano blew its guts out before it began to dissipate. He tilted his head, then returned his attention to the others.

Patting the bowl of his pipe onto his palm he released the ashes from the confines and then scattered them across the seat behind him with a negligent shake of his hand. He listened for the most part, then arched a brow at Arcerion’s question, “Why? Because of the current state of affairs with Celesin, of course. Judging from your comments about your dealings with the Emperor, he is still weighing any offer of peace you have made with the idea of a good war. And Black Sun? I hear they have all kinds of useful technologies at their disposal.”
Nabonassar
Nabonassar
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcerion Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:18 am

During the handshake clearly given the kings own natural abilities that Arcerion was aware of, Nabonasar may find some oddities. Advanced genetic alteration that might of rivaled what Kings were capable of, along with more rudimentary alterations the likes of which Bales might be capable of. Then again he believed the Bales exceeded his nieces people in certain other ways. Their brutality was bred into the bone, unlike kings who preferred to languish in games. Had it not been for certain factors this emperor may of very well taken Esarhaddon's twin as a mate just for the sheer power he might of gained. However Nabonasar as ANY mortal that made physical contact would feel his biology screaming in his head that this thing in front of him hated him absolutely. A bleeding effect from his overwhelming Exercion Aura. Though he assumed the Kings had ways to guard against such effects, if Nasar was not on his toes, he might find that his physical form actually burned, as cells in their infinite stupidity and single mindedness would treat the touch of the Exercion of Hatred as if he were a virus. Heat rising, and if he did not protect himself, he may find flesh melting. It spoke volumes that Arcerion had so much faith in a King as to touch him without protection. Better for his sake as well as Arcerions own, few were wholly immune to the power of hatred, the list of those he could touch flesh to flesh and not harm could be counted on two of his own hands.

"Sergei is a unique entity much like me and your kind. Powerful beyond belief given the right stimuli. Imagine if you will a man capable of leading armies and inspiring even a small town militia to fight gods. That was Sergei before I raised him to his rank as an Exercion. Now this man feeds upon courage, it strengthens him. Imagine that being as the leader of Black Suns army. Even a Primoris would be hard pressed to defeat him in a major engagement. I did not give them a bomb, I gave them an ace up their sleeve." His grin was wide and exposed every sharpened tooth in his mouth as his lips seemed to stretch wider than normal. Truly a sharks grin.

He sipped his tea and listened as small insults were rallied his way. Was he overt in his cruelty? Was he worse than Celesin? In front of herd and family he simply could not let such things slide, he may be forgiving, but what Nasar compared him to brought out the very worst in him. He had lost children to Celesin, and by extension he had lost a mate. In their own wicked way he had lost his brother and was left with his spawn to take care of as an adoptive daughter of sorts. Thargor had taught him much, about patience and family, but even Arcerion had his limits as far as the whims of a young mortal woman by comparison was concerned.

"IYou think me overt in my plans King? Overt would be sending my troops to bear against Celesin's own with the Black Suns magery to back them up. Overt would be a hostile take over of everything that Ghanima has and forcing them to bend to my will." Another sip of his tea and he would lock eye's with the male before him. "Overt is killing you in this dive bar, while your sister watches, and feasting on whatever kind of corpse you leave behind. I work in subtle methods. The long game is what is important, planning eons in advance. Dorian and Celesin may act for our own view of the greater good, but I assure you, time will show my approach to be the successful route. I do not conquer, I befriend, I do not intimidate I assist. Already my son has given Dorian a great boon, for so simple a task. I have already informed Ghanima of my many faceted intentions in person. What have you done to sway the course of history?"

He listened oh so well after he defended his own need to be covert to the King, he heard both Kings responses and gave a light chuckle. Though he had at one point assumed that his niece knew why he so favored planet bound civilizations to ally with, while he had a habit of conquering star bound ones he could only shrug and listen as his niece prattled on about games. Her knowledge about such things interested him to no end. Mayhaps she would see the coming blood shed on all sides.

"I can only attribute your barely correct answer to youth nephew, funny as my son was smart enough to find my reasoning, and he doesn't have access to half of your own abilities. Planetbound empires are unique, they look at things differently than us which can grasp the stars and take it for granted. Like Dorians and Bale before them, the Jann will find us new ways to look at problems, for a century or two. Their unique philosophies will infect our culture and it will all meld into one, long after Ghanima has died and Sergei has returned to my side."

He looked to Nebu for a moment and grinned. "Games? Ah yes those. A very interesting anomaly. I plan on testing myself soon enough. It seems like an easy opportunity to murder someone whose job I desire for my own whims. I do so hope you all can become malleable with the times if an alternative plan of mine needs to happen. Working from within is so much easier than from without, as my agents will attest on Sanctum."

He pondered a moment just what else needs to be spoken of, to bring both kings up to speed as far as his plans were concerned. He could not help but grin thinking a moment of just what things he held. "Even if I were to be struck down, my victory would be even more assured. After all it is by my will alone, that Thargor's Fist is stayed from striking out at this mockery of existence. There are things in this galaxy older and more terrifying than myself and the Celesin Emperor. Things which my creators feared to even name."

He turned back to Nebchadnezzar, a grin on his lips. "Yes I am aware of the new player on the field, I've plans to send out my feelers and judge them. Are you aware of the wealth of ore within the planet? Very unique properties that our scientists are now testing between spore tech and our own holds. A breakthrough could allow for the creation of a new type of technology, one unbound by the spores of old. On top of that, the more my people encounter and deal with Celesin forces, whether through games or skirmishes, the more we learn of their unique abilities and technology. At this rate, especially if I can capture a live specimen, I may be able to right the singular genetic tampering done to me." He paused a brief moment, to rest his voice as he waved down a waitress to refill his tea with something a little stronger and allowed the Kings to speak among themselves.

He broke his silence after a moment, looking to his niece with a rather blunt question. "I believe if possible I would like for you to assist in future scientific endeavors. After all, new perspectives to old problems are always appreciated. Do you think it may be possible to create a device which would temporarily, say for the course of a battle, relieve me of my burden to the prison, and allow me to truly fight at one hundred percent capacity?" He had other ideas in mind, words and documents he had found hidden deep within the chariots systems that were still being unlocked. With the knowledge imparted to him by the Celesin Emperor, they had begun to toil away at their old homes databases with new found fervor and insight. It wouldn't be long now until they may be able to pinpoint the gene which stripped Exercions of their rightful place in history and had turned them into bastards. Soon enough he could right this wrong, and link with a dormant thing that should of been his since his birth, something that other combatants took for granted.
Arcerion
Arcerion
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabonassar Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:38 am

Nabonassar was, to use a common phrase, no dummy. They had misinterpreted his comment. Something that happened fairly often. Nebuchadnezzar’s reaction was typical. Arcerion’s was surprising. It offered a great deal of insight. His hand was still tingling slightly from the handshake in which he had gleaned the idea of Arcerion’s hatred. However, there was no pain involved, no threat to his existence. And the threat from Arcerion was proof that Nebuchadnezzar had been keeping the collective’s secrets. It was actually quite amusing. These great and powerful beings, Exercion, Dra’sen, they welcomed Nebucadnezzar and Esarhaddon into their homes, their lives, their families. Mesiphidon had even bedded his sweet sister. Yet these creatures knew less than half of what a King was capable of. It was enough to make him laugh out loud, and he did so.

“Oh my dear sister. You honestly think I believe Celesin is a monument to generosity, peace and humility? To empathy? You do realize I visited Esarhaddon first, yes?” He shook his head, leaning back in his chair a little, tucking his pipe back into the pocket of his jacket, “Now, let me assure you that I have no illusions about who Celesin is, or even who you are, Arcerion, but thank you for the interesting trip into your thought processes. But you see, it will soon be my duty to ensure that Black Sun does not simply become another arm of your empire. Rather the foundation of a civilization that will stand on its own long after you are dead and gone.”

He placed his palm upon the table, looking first from Nebuchadnezzar and then to Arcerion, “Yes, I have heard of these games. An interesting idea, given the state of the universe.” He stood, “Well, the two of you no doubt have a great deal of talking to do. I, meanwhile, must go on to my final destination.” He looked to Arcerion, “And so you know, I was making a joke, old boy. Everyone knows how brutal Celesin can be. Play the long game if you wish. I will play the longer.”

Shifting his gaze to Nebuchadnezzar, the King made a slight bow, “My dear, a pleasure as always. My apologies for ruining your fun on this fine evening. I trust you and the Emperor will go on without me.” He moved out of the bar and into the street. He looked out at the landscape of Renegade Station Nine and removed his pipe from his jacket pocket and filled it with tobacco again. He used a match, pulled, then exhaled. Now was the start of his solo adventure. He had been part of the collective for a very long time. Ozymandias had been out and about. Nebu and Esar had lives. Even Konstantine had found herself a place where she could work uninterrupted. Now he would find out if there was such a place for him. Somewhere and something that could occupy his vast intelligence.
Nabonassar
Nabonassar
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum