Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News of some sort.

3 posters

Go down

News of some sort. Empty News of some sort.

Post by Lucian Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Things were at an odd point to say the least.

Lucian Viluer-Shuinsai travelled alone once more. He had thought of perhaps bringing some form of guard to ensure safety but, in truth, if something were to find and kill him then perhaps he was not worthy of life. If he could be beaten so easily. His brow furrowed at the thought. Once more, he was respectfully coming alone into allied territory. The deal had been struck. Redpointe Ranch and the nation of Korel were in business to begin shipping foods and other goods to the nation in exchange for profit. It was a ghastly thing but it put Lucian in a more secure place. This was one contract that he had built up. Not one that his father had commanded done. He had done it himself and hopefully the deal would grow between Korel and Redpointe into something grander.

The Prince sought to further the relationship however. He was in business with the mother Sophonax, and he had a deal struck up with the likely to be son-in-law Sune'ere Dra'sin. And while he had come to check up on the progress of what would soon be the first shipment of goods from the Redpointe Ranch, he had also come for another reason. And that was why Lucian was certainly at an odd point in his life. He was delivering a message from his grandmother to the rival Prince. An update from what he had been told. And it had been vexxing but he had agreed none the less. It had to come from him after all. This information couldn't be trusted with any other.

He moved through that forest once more, passing through those magical alarms that were no doubt ringing of his soon to be arrival at that ranch, as he continued on his way. His attire casual with the hat and suit he wore. A similar outfit from before no doubt. Even down to the gloves he chose. Except it looked like the coat was not as fuzzy as the last one had been. The weather had warmed up some. It would make transport to his capital all the more easier.

So for now he continued his walk, enjoying the exercise that he so rarely got when he was not preparing for business, as he whistled a fine tune in the emptiness of the forest.

Lucian
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

News of some sort. Empty Re: News of some sort.

Post by Sune Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Sune'ere was one of those kinds of people who got back up after he took a beating. The agency had known it, and now every soul in Celesin who watched his trials knew it. The boy just hadn't known when to quit. He'd been beaten and bit back as hard as he could, and what he thought had been fangs only proved to be baby teeth that had shattered when he tried to take a bite at the real big dogs. His recovery had been swift, and while he waited for his next big move up the ranks, with his sisters help, he was spending time training at a place that had become a new home to him. The atmosphere here was less militant and more laid back than his actual home. It allowed him to train on his own time and keep the grounds safe simultaneously. He was running, quite literally sprinting as fast as his body could be pushed without tapping into his core. He needed to be faster, to match those he'd fought with.

When the wards were triggered by the Exercion Prince, Sune didn't stop. He simply readjusted his trajectory. Pulling from his Core he would speed off in a loud crack that would echo through the ranch. It would hardly take him a minute to move from one side of the ranches grounds to the other. Coming to a sudden halt thirty feet in front of Lucian his white cloak trailing behind him with what looked like an oversized sawed off shotgun in his hands pointed dead center at Lucian's chest. The wards didn't inform him who was traversing the land, only that someone was there. As soon as he saw the familiar man he would lower his weapon and let his core retract back into his body, his hoarfrost colored eye's fading back into their deep blue's. A grin set upon his face he would holster the hand cannon.

"Well you're a sight for sore eye's. What brings you out this far Prince?" Sune'ere looked a little worse for wear. Still healing up the scarred tissue from his fight with his family. He also looked a little more confident in his stance. Something more indiscernible about him had changed, like someone who had come to a sudden realization about the world in the best possible way. This one in front of him had been sent off to do a task, so personal he didn't trust his own family with the knowledge that it was being done. After all fraternizing with these types could land him in deep shit if his family learned.
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:26 pm

He felt it in the distance. The excess of power. The use of the Core. It radiated from the rival Prince and exhibited an energy that could be felt from the distance. Lucian's eyebrow rose for a moment as the realization came to him that he was soon to be meeting another who was fast approaching. His right hand reached downward to the sword that was at his hip. A weapon he had used against another that the rival Prince had recently fought against as well. His brow furrowed as he felt the enemy coming in close.

His grip tightened on that blade as he looked ready for a fight when the enemy ceased their mad rush towards him. His brow furrowed with some frustration as he noted that it was the rival Prince.....with a loaded shotgun pointed at him.

"Charming." He replied in a dry tone that clearly showed how he felt towards the idea of being pointed at by another with a weapon. His gaze flickering from the gun to its owner's face. Could he take the other in a fight? It was something of a question that had burned in his mind since they had last met. Dra'sin vs. Shuinsai seemed to be all the rage these days. Their fathers were likely set to battle one another while Lucian's cousin was going to marry Sune'ere's sister. All the while Lucian and Sune'ere had come to an accord in a private matter that would be beneficial for both.

Truly their father's games of conquest took an odd turn somewhere down the line.

"I came to discuss the final terms regarding mine and Sophonax's business arrangement." A half truth if there ever was one. He was surveying the area once more as they talked. His own senses being tuned so he could get a proper "look" at the area that they were in. He would attempt to get one good look at the ground, the trees, and any other area surrounding them and the complex. Did he trust Sune'ere? No. He did not. When it came to Dra'sin, one always had to be careful when shaking hands with them. With one hand they shook and with the other they had a knife ready to plunge into the neck of their enemy. But even so, despite all the others, Sune'ere had something of an aura of trust that seemed to encompass him. That perhaps he was more willing to negotiate than his siblings or their tyrannical father. Qualities some might say made for a better ruler.

"And.....well I also came regarding our arrangement as well. An update on that imporant matter you wanted me to look into." His gaze flickers past Sune'ere's shoulder as he approached the other man. One was armed with a shotgun, the other armed with a sword, and both of them from rival empires. It was a story in the making. His eyes went to the ranch in the distance. Perhaps he needed a drink of lemonade after all? He had a feeling this conversation would not go good either way.

"It's cold out here. And the conversation we need to have would be better to have inside."

Lucian
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:09 pm

Sune'ere shrugged at Lucian's initial response. The dry wit got a grin from him, as he holstered the gun at his side. "Yeah well, I think my Rose makes some charming weapons, even if I'm the only one who gets to appreciate them." He tried to chuckle and caught the hand on his sword and would sigh. "Sorry, the wards don't tell me who or what is around, just that something tripped them. Can't be too careful." Hopefully that would explain away his sudden need to draw a weapon on Lucian. He really didn't want to start an international incident when the one before him was already doing him a solid.

When he mentioned final business arrangements Sune nodded while crossing both arms over his chest. He certainly didn't believe for a second that was all. Once a deal was done you rarely had to talk to the matron twice unless one of the handlers messed up. This had to do with their little side business. Once Lucian confirmed as much he would nod once more.

"I agree, better left for inside and with some of the Matrons lemonade. Especially since it's starting to heat up around here." He extended his hand to Lucian in a sign of good faith. If he shook Sune would just grin. "I'm glad fate has decided this place is a neutral ground. Let's do our best to keep it that way yeah?" He didn't speak as a prince of Celesin, or as a warrior of the potentiae, no, Sune had learned how to deal with people of all shapes and creeds from Ed and Angelo. Before he had been a bit rough around the edges, the loner type who only cared about results. Now? Well he was quite amicable even to a rival prince.

Once done he would lead the guest back to the ranch house he'd been too before. Even going so far as to open doors for him and be a generous host. Sure he didn't live here full time, but Rose and Odine did, and he worked from the house paying his rent in guns and heavy lifting. "I saw your cousin at my coming of age ceremony. She seemed out of place and lost. I never figured the mayor to be shy, but I guess when you get put on the spot by my sister of all people, you see new sides of people." He shrugged walking now behind Lucian if he walked in first. "How is your family by the way? Besides you and your cousin you all seem relatively quiet. It's weird."
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:23 am

He felt his fingers slip from the grip of that blade as he assessed the other male. "Yes, well, you seem to have a knack for the firearm as opposed to the blade." In truth, Lucian's sword was anything but an ordinary sword. But Sune'ere and the others did not need to know that. His six fingers flex as he tugs on the glove he wore. No, an international incident was certainly not on the Prince's agenda for the week. But he might have been able to peg Sune'ere in for next week if he decided to raise a gun on him again in the sometime near future.

"Yes, I noticed. Very big difference considering the last time I was here I almost was consumed by that snow storm and froze to death." Again with the dry humor from the Prince. But it appeared that now was the time for small talk. But.....an offering of peace came first. The hand was extended and Lucian frowned at the sight of it. And, still as awkward as before, he would extend his own hand and give the other a shake. It was awkward to say the least. With any others, his sister or any of his family, he could be so casual. But with the rival, he was not so certain on if it was appropriate. However they were in an alliance of sorts. So it shouldn't have made such a difference.

His head canted to the side and he peered at the other man with an amused expression once more on that face. The faintest of smirks tugging at the corner of his lips. The rival was concerned for this place. For the people who lived here. It was admirable. "Indeed. After all we wouldn't want any war lords to take it over, no?" And he knows that he should tread lightly but he can't help but make the dig at Mesiphidon. His father was the one who negotiated and, if all else failed, then he would pull out the blades. But it was Sune'ere's father who would take and take without any concern for any of the people.

The Prince followed the other down that road to their destination. His eyes flickering to the scenery. Nothing had been revealed.....yet. But he was always cautious. And while he was in an ally's territory, she housed a power house fighter who he was not certain he could take. But he would do it none the less.

"My cousin has been reclusive as of late. Her being lost may be the right phrase. She is likely attempting to find herself once again considering the failure that was Nexxian." And the way he speaks of that incident is nothing short of disgust in his tone. He had seen the footage. He had seen how the battle had gone down. It should have been better. So many lives that were owned by his cousin should not have been taken. It was no wonder that his cousin sought to find herself once again in some way or form. And no doubt his cousin bore the weight of that shame despite all the help she had enlisted in the battle. "I'm sure your sister is no doubt doing her part in comforting and assuring my cousin of her strength." Again there was the dry tone. Humor perhaps. Or not.

The Prince had stepped through the open door and surveyed the front room once again. It had been....nice last time he was here. The girl Rose had seemed apprehensive of him. She didn't like him in the slightest. She thought he was evil incarnate and her beloved Celesin prince was the moon and the stars. It was amusing to say the least.

His eyes shifted to the other with a frown on his face. The prompting of his family from the other seemed innocent enough and, yet, all at once he felt like this was a mistake. The other wished to be a friend of sorts. And yet Lucian had been raised on the stories of the evil that Mesiphidon. And he would be damned if he gave up sensitive information on his family to the spawn of such villainy. "We don't get out as much as we should. Not much has changed. The status quo has more or less stayed the same. My father rules his domain, my mother is reclusive, my cousin is with your sister, and.....well it's hard to keep track of everyone and everything that is somehow related to my family."

His shoulders shrug off that coat as he sought to hang it on the coat rack by the door. He could have made a dig at the fact that, technically, they were somehow family. Not just through Jophiel and her betrothed. But through Esarhaddon. It was a distant relation but a relation all the same. But Lucian decided making a dig at one's mother would be in poor taste. Instead, he would just cross the room and go for that couch. His legs ached from all the walking and perhaps sitting down would appease the other into a sense of calm and not suspicion.

Then they could get to the real discussion.

Lucian
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:12 am

Sune'ere nodded when the other mentioned warlords taking over, he liked this place just the way it was doing business with whoever they pleased. It let the girls profit and have a place to retreat to should things turn rough in the rest of Sanctum. While Sune certainly didn't worry too much about Khooey, she was currently ranked as a higher threat by the planet itself than he was, she had proven a good fighter in her own right when the shit storm at Nexxian went down. Rose was a different story. He knew she was strong, probably more so than he gave her credit for, but when you loved someone and you're aim was to be as strong as the people who stood by his father's side and one day surpass them all, well it was hard not worrying about her. "I wouldn't change a thing about this place. Plus Soph would probably try to step up to my pops and that would get weird. I don't want that kind of drama in my life."

Once inside Sune'ere would grab a pitcher of the matrons lemonade and listen to Lucian speak about his cousin. Maybe he caught it, but the look of shame upon his face when Nexxian was brought up was apparent. He'd done everything he could to keep that place the same. Like some bitter old man refusing the change that would come just from him being there. He knew on some level that his presence had attracted others, had started a whole avalanche of things in motion. Now his family just needed to determine who would deliver the news of their statehood to Lucian's cousin. It was taking a while, but Sune'ere didn't involve himself in matters of state just yet. Unlike Lucian he had either yet to prove himself to his father, or simply wanted nothing to do with it. Coming out of the kitchen with two glasses, he would set one on a table before Lucian and then take a seat.

"Comforting her? Only if you think getting a nasty look from my father is comforting. I imagine my sister is just as good at stirring up a scene as I was during the same day." He chuckled thinking of all the dumb things he'd done in front of the whole empire. While Lucian spoke briefly of the rest of his family he would just nod. It didn't seem like they were at all active, leaving their more sensitive work in inexperienced hands. It was an interesting choice for sure, after all it meant that the younger generation would either fail spectacularly or prosper without limit, no room for in between. Just where on the line would Lucian fall Sune'ere wondered.

Once he was seated he would take a sip from his own glass. They were here for business not to catch up like the distant cousin's that they were in truth. "So we're here. We've chatted, drinks have been served. Let's get down to business. What news of Edward Elric?" The ball was in the others court, he had all the information neccesary to continue this polite business transaction. "I imagine it's good, all things considered, you wouldn't of made this journey in person just to tell me it can't be done."
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:18 pm

The image of Emperor Mesiphidon taking on the ranch owner Sophonax seemed.....too amusing to say the least. His eyebrow had rose as he imagined it playing out. Would she want to lure him out here on her turf? Could she really take him out? That seemed unlikely but he didn't doubt she would want to fight to the last tooth and nail. "No I suppose you wouldn't. After all I could only imagine the trouble that Miss Rose would give you over your father and her mother going toe to toe over this place." It was amusing to say the least. The prospect of Sune and Rose's relationship going through turmoil if Sune's father ever set his eye on Redpointe and demanded it. He could only wonder if Sune'ere would try and defend his father's hypothetical actions. Or if he would rebel against the man who ruled over Sune and all those Celesin subjects.

Nexxian was another matter altogether. But what's done is done. There was nothing more to discuss unless his cousin wished to restart the city and take her place as its ruler. Over a desolate city that had seen better days. He would help her to no end if it was what she wished. Despite all the damage and the headache it would be, he would help her. She only needed to ask.

His hand reached across to that glass as he then sipped at the alcoholic beverage. His eyes closing for just a moment as he took it all in. The warm setting, the warm drink, and the comfort that seemed to be a family home rather than just some palace. It was nice. The simplicity of it all. "No I suppose comforting my cousin in front of your father wouldn't do good. But it's not as though she feels shame, right?" And there it was. The slight. The snark coming from the Prince as he made a nice dig. The Princess Daul should have been happy to have the Grand Duchess as her mate. But if a nasty look from her father was enough to dissuade any feelings then perhaps this pairing wasn't for the best. Food for thought.

And then they came down to it. The reason for his arrival. The frown came over his face all too quickly as he thought on how to word this properly. His eyes seemed to go downcast as he stared down at the drink. And he was quiet for quite a short while. Was there shame on his face? Or uncertainty? Oh yes. "This is embarrassing." He would require more alcohol for this conversation to continue taking place. But he had a feeling now that the other maybe shouldn't have had that drink. He was uncertain how alcohol filtered through a Dra'sin's body after all. It might have enraged him even more. Finally those eyes seemed to leave the glass and raise up to regard the other man. "We.....have reached a complication." The faintest of smiles came over his face. But it was half hearted and uneasy. And perhaps just a tad nervous? The Prince raised the glass up to his lips once more for another long sip. How should he word it? The deal was at jeopardy but he knew he needed to get it out in the open. It appeared that Lucian was struggling to verbalize the way to give the information in order to reduce damage. Perhaps an inquiry, a slight redirect, would be best.

"What do you recall from those final days before the battle took place? The state of the Agency and all your fellow agents? I have some information from my grandmother but only from a perspective of her being in her lab."

Lucian
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Sune'ere nodded with a chuckle as he mentioned his father and Sophonax going toe to toe, and the trouble that Rose would give him. "Lets keep this place uneventful eh? Just a get away for princes what do ya say?" He chuckled a bit, so long as nothing weird started going on up here, or he and Caden continued their little get away's to the ranch house pop's would basically see it as his and nothing would need to be done. He sipped his beverage and let Lucian speak for a moment about his sister, not being able to resist getting a small bit of personal spite out Sune would only grin in response. True Daul didn't exactly know shame, but it was one thing to say that about her in his usual company, or to say that to an older brother who actually in his own way adored her. He wouldn't let Lucian get under his skin, he was tougher than that to jump at the bait.

"Obviously she doesn't. I mean I walked around her office in Nexxian. Naked mermaids, really?" A simple switching of words meant he was speaking of Jophiel instead of his sister to be the shameless one. Not that he disliked the mayor at any point, she was simply an odd one in a city filled with even odder people. The perfect leader in it's own way.

When he mentioned a complication Sune suddenly grew serious. This was not what he wanted to hear. They were supposedly great ritualists, the kind that could bend the laws of life and death. Now it seemed that everything would come crashing down around him. He sighed a moment but let Lucian continue to speak. He would humor him for a moment, the agency was dead and gone. Everything about it was behind him and anything that was considered a secret while there was now out in the open.

"Final days is a little long. Truthfully we'd be crumbling since Angelo died the first time. Me, Ed and Tim, and for a hot minute Sillent held it all together. During the move into the city we lost Sillent. Tim became more and more removed from the rest of us, and Edwards little brother was going through some girl trouble or something. Angelo came back, and I guess for a moment he considered working for your father. I warned him against it, but after the fight they had, he seemed even more unhinged. I guess coming back from the dead can do that to a man." He sighed and thought about it more. What else had happened. "I had left on a week long trip to see my uncle to get my gear an update. When I came back Ed had just left for some mission the night before it all went down. I believe Al was stationed in Discordia at the time helping Fenris deal with some Chaos Demon." He pondered if there was anything else he needed to inform Lucian about, and then it struck him, like a sack of bricks.

"I'm not sure if this is important, but the soldiers I fought in Nexxian were souls bound to armor. One of the only living things that I actually fought with, was who I assumed was their leader, someone named Hohenheim. He'd killed Angelo, but I finished the job. However I do recall one thing from that fight which might be important. The man I fought, was Edward and Alphonse's father." He took a large gulp of his drink to finish off what was left before pouring himself some more from the pitcher he'd brought with him. "Does that help at all?"
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Røse Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:26 pm

After the lads made it into the house they might see a pair riding about outside on the Helion breed horses: Rose and Terpsichore, to be specific. Sure enough they were on patrol, but, certainly taking it easy. Both girls had loose hair, pastel camisoles, short denim baring their legs and well worn riding boots. “Patrol” was essentially a meaningless reason to bond with their horses when Sune’ere was around as not only did he insist on wearing one of the Sentinel’s cuffs— he had become a bit more domineering about security. Neither of the Jann sentinels seemed to mind at all since they’d been shorthanded since Khooey and Rupp moved out and near at the same time.

Terpsichore had her own flavor of extreme dominance considering her bloodline was direct from the Ifrit source: Bahst. She didn’t appreciate the Dra’sen coming in and upsetting the Peking Order out of nowhere and shifting things around; doing her job for her. But the platinum blond understood that for the time being she was allowed to be a bit of a hypocrite and spend time with Rose— the only other figure on the ranch with a mixture just like hers. However, unlike Rose the lightly tanned blond looked nothing like her Ifrit father or half sister Khooey save for having completely crimson eyes like twin pools of blood with no discernible sclera, iris or pupil.

A hoard of little girls scrambled around the yard and porch; all of which had ignored Sune’ere and Lucian as they made way into the house. However, they seemed excited when the Sentinels dismounted in the acreage in front of the house and tethered the enormous black steeds to the wraparound porch. One of them who could have only been three at best would begin to whine until Terpsichore picked her up— she didn’t have any children but the wards found her shiny and new and were attracted to her pretty but frightening eyes. She could have been a Southern girl-next-door type if it weren’t for “them peepers” as Sophonax was wont to say.

The men inside would hear feminine laughter becoming louder until it reached the front door and the wood swung open at the behest of the slightly sweaty pair and one tiny girl with a shock of auburn hair and gray eyes. Sune’ere was probably aware Odine was having a nap since she’d gone and caught a summer cold and the little one wasn’t the biological product of anyone on the ranch. Rose and Terpsichore laughed around the pair splitting up the Matron’s lemonade; the latter Sentinel briefly eyeing Lucian Shuinsai only to give him an aggressive huff accompanied by a flash of heat and ash. Definitely a descendant of the Ifrit and she didn’t know him— the shapely blond was known to be more territorial than a grizzly.

’Long time no see Prince Lucy. How’s things in Korel? S’gonna be me and Terp deliverin’ for you soon enough, ain’t that ‘bout the speed of things?’Two ginger beers were consulted from the fridge and while Terpsichore hung around it would be Rose who flopped her loose and long gasoline-shine hair around and trained them first on Sune’ere with shameless heat— and then on Lucian.

’Sound t’ me like they’re talkin’ ‘bout somethin’ over our pretty lil’ heads, Rosie. That city ‘un...he gonna get salty, y’ ken?’ And thus it was revealed that Terpsichore had an accent just about as strong as Sophonax’s. And those red eyes remained trained on him. Either she was trying to intimidate him, thought he was cute or was considering eviscerating him. By now he could likely notice her nails with were, to be more accurate— claws. Black as sin from the dangerous end, past the nail and halfway down her fingers.
Røse
Røse
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:15 pm

Lucian had only shrugged. He had no interest in Redpointe besides using it as one of the many vendors for food for Korel. In fact, having Mesiphidon turn his gaze on the Ranch would do badly for his nation. And it would be in poor taste if somehow he caused this place to no longer be a neutral area. The Dorian Empire was considerate with their allies. More so than the Celesin Empire ever could be. They could negotiate. As long as one did not choose in being the enemy, then they were more than content to let others keep their independence. Or autonomy at the worst. Allies were what mattered after all. His gaze shifted to that front window as he looked out to where the pair of women were riding those horses. The young girls were screaming in glee when no doubt seeing their heroes arrive soon enough arrive. "Yes." He had replied while eyeing the women outside. "Let's keep it free of any conflict." And he would keep his word on that. To do his best to keep Redpointe free of the conflict that was no doubt brewing between Dorian and Celesin.

His eyebrows rose slightly as the other mentioned Jophiel's office with.....naked mermaids. Oh, he would need to have a talk with her about that. "I meant your sister." He replied ever so dryly once more. "And the idea that she might feel shame of being affectionate or caring towards my cousin in public.....or especially in front of your father." There was a tone of protectiveness in the way he spoke. As though his cousin was something meant to be cherished and not just hidden like some side whore that these Celesins had. Minor flings that didn't matter in the long run. That was what Lucian feared might come from the arrangement between his cousin and her lover.

It was not that remark that caused the shift in emotions for the other. It was what he had said about the Elric boy. About the complication that was no doubt to upset the Prince. Once again he was taking a long sip from the drink as he listened to Sune'ere speak about the work place that his grandmother had signed up at. She had earned her keep by conveniently giving life back to one of the Elric brothers. And now it seemed she was unable to do the same for the other. All the prattle and drama that seemed to go on with wayward agents mattered little. It the Elric boy that was the most concerning. The tidbit about Angelo Zerephan working for his father seemed offensive. More so when Sune'ere spoke of advising Angelo against it. His own face shifted to a look of annoyance at that but he bit his tongue. His head only nodded along as the other spoke of going to some uncle and then the Elric boy disappearing. But it was the brick drop that gave Lucian pause. The iron soldiers who had wrecked and ruined Nexxian City for his cousin. The army that had been wiped out. And it was the information about that leader that certainly raised more questions. His eyebrows rose at that and he just regarded the rival Prince. "Their father?" And he seemed almost in awe of it. That had not been in the documentation. The Elrics were connected to the attack on Nexxian. It was astounding really. He seemed ready to ask more questions when the door was opened.

His head turned then to look back up at the arrival of Miss Rose and.....a companion. Along with a tiny girl. He said nothing of course. His head only nodded along in greeting to the pair. But it was the huff that came with ash and heat that peaked his interest. His right eyebrow rose up for a moment. Was that a challenge? A threat? He was uncertain. She didn't seem to like him at all and he had yet to even say a word to her.

"A pleasure as always, Miss Rose. Things have been well. But further progression is the plan." He intoned with some false enthusiasm as he raised his glass up in greeting to the pair. "Ah. Well I'm certain that the delivery will arrive on time. I might even need to throw you both a feast in honor of my business arrangement with your mother. You'll both be my honored guests." And he raises the glass back up to his lips as he sips happily before ending the drink in its entirety. The accent in which this new girl, Terpsichore, spoke had given him some pause. Her accent was certainly strong. He leaned back on the arm of that couch as he flashed that smile he had once used when he met Rose and her comrade in the forest. All teeth and certainly as charming as he could attempt. But there was some mirth behind his eyes that gave away to that amusement. "Oh I doubt that, my dear. You both seem bright enough. Perhaps one or both of you can offer a perspective on this matter that Sune'ere and I seem to find ourselves in." Her stare was intimidating to be certain. But that disarming smile stayed all the same. An assurance that he was not one who would start a fight. Or perhaps he was just amused at the sight of her. The claws were an indicator of something else. He glanced for a moment at those hands before, lightly chuckling, he raised his own left hand up and waved. And Terpsichore would note that he had six fingers on that one hand. Yes. He too had his own "deformities" that many might sneer at.

"But back to the business at hand." And he shifts his gaze from the new girl back to Sune'ere. His eyes focusing on that rival prince as he thought of the situation. "Souls bound to armor, you say? Then this man must have had quite the piggy bank of souls if he could just whip up an army. That took time. And he had to have needed to train them. Who knows how long he waited before he was ready to spring this trap on Nexxian?" The Prince stood up from that couch and would move for where his sword and coat were hanging. The new girl would certainly see how tall he was, 6'4, and perhaps get an understanding that he was quite the intimidating sight. He reached for the inside of the coat to withdraw what looked like some folders. "You say that this man, Hohenheim, was the father of the Elric Brothers. Alphonse Elric is away on a mission at the time with your Primoris friend Fenris. And Edward Elric conveniently goes missing." The way he spoke sounded almost.....accusing. He was walking back now, the folder set down on the table between Sune and Lucian as he took his seat once more. But not before he grabbed the lemonade to pour himself another drink. Yes. He had a taste for the mixture that Sophonax liked to make. It was stronger than wine but wasn't allowing him to become a drunk all at once.

"My grandmother recorded every coming and going during her stay with the Agency when the move to the city happened. Some days before the battle happened, Agent Edward Elric departed with one of your Agency's assets. One Annie Leonhardt." And he had the folder open and the pictures out. "The girl was a......Titan-shifter. Whatever that means. From what my grandmother tells me, she was an Agency asset. Or rather a prisoner due to supposedly having a feud of sorts with one Eren Jaeger. Agent Jaeger reported that Leonhardt was a killer of many from his world. She wasn't executed or imprisoned but kept on a house parole detail on the Agency compound. Some rehabilitation perhaps. Regardless, Edward Elric departed with her somewhere. And they never returned while his brother was away from the city. And then the attack happened......and now you tell me the leader of this attack was the father of these brothers."

Lucian leans back into his seat as he waited to see how Sune'ere might react to this. It was a light accusation to make but it was an accusation all the same.

Lucian
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Røse Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:51 am

Sune'ere sighed at Lucian's need to point out just who he was talking about. He didn't feel like getting into a fight with the damned Dorian prince, not when he had things to Offer him. "There is no shame in being affectionate to others in public. I brought Rose with me to my own trials, let her take a seat in my lap in front of all of Celesin despite my fathers displeasure. She got the same look your cousin did." He didn't need this getting out of hand or turning into a family dick measuring contest. This was supposed to be all in good faith. However bringing his sister into the matter made Sune oddly defensive. Sune'ere didn't have much to say to Rose's partner for the day. She reminded him in all the worst ways of Caden's lover. The bewitching eye's, mostly, even if the form wasn't exactly right. There was something about them that Sune had never really been able to keep his eye's off of. Well until Rose came along. With Rose he could be comfortable and himself, a genius in the shop matched only by her down to earth way of using materials. She'd taught him much and more then the library in Nexxian or Celesin could manage. And those horse riding legs, hot. With the girls here now well he had to keep himself a little more on guard. He was pretty much at home talking to Lucian, after all they were both in similar situations of trying to eternally please their fathers. But with Rose here, or any of the other girls, he became a bit more protective, a bit more like his heritage lead him to be. He let greetings go and then looked at Terpsichore as she mentioned the city one getting salty. "Oh c'mon Terpy, calm your tits. Just cause it's city boys talking business doesn't mean you girls don't have a place in this." He grinned to her before looking back to Lucian. Though in all honesty he caught Roses' gaze. Smiling back to her a moment, he would stand up. Even if he was a little playful with them verbally Sune was nothing if not a good host. And he considered this place his house. With the pitcher of Lemonade drained he would grab it and walk back to the kitchen for more, letting the girls have choice of seats as he moved away. He nodded as he listened to Lucian talk about the whole of Hohenheims army, not surprising. "For all I know he was planning this from mission one. Every person we had to put down could of been useful to him. And there were no shortage of skilled fighters who died defending Nexxian. Time isn't an issue, it's what ended up attracted to that damn city in the end." Well he certainly didn't want to admit he had anything to do with it, but at the same time, well he did tend to draw the weird towards him. Coming back from the kitchen with another pitcher of lemonade he would pour himself a tall drink, sip deep from it while Lucian spoke of his grandmother kitsukos recordings of comings and goings and nod. "It means she could become large and powerful, like a damn giant. We had one of our own, but if Ed removed her from custody then he must of had a damn good reason. That or someone tricked him." He sighed thinking about it all. It seemed like someone could just place the blame directly on someone working within the agency, or maybe upon one of the leaders. It was convenient that was for damn sure. He shook his head once more. "If you're implying that it was someone under my command who set this all up. Well give me a name, I'll even invite you along on the hunt. That's the kind of things your people like, right?" he grinned and seemed a little shaken by the thought. He raised a hand to rub at his temples as all of this information was crashing down around him. Just what it all meant was distracting, and what did any of this have to do with bringing Ed back. "What does all of this matter anyway? Can you and your grandmother bring him back or not?"

Rose - ’I’ll calm my tits if y’stop puffin’ up like that, Father Winter’ from Terpsichore, who absolutely hated the nickname “Terpy” but appeared to let him get away with it— even if it came from a mouth with entirely too many sharp teeth for one’s liking. Rose chuckled and knew that things may have gone towards roughhousing if the half-Ifrit hadn’t been holding a child. In any case, said child wanted down because of all the barbs and toddled back outside where her other playmates were waiting. Both femmes took their beers and chose seats— Terk decided it would be a nice idea to splay her sinuous figure down as close to Lucian as possible with a look on her face like she’d seen a steak waiting on the kitchen counter. Sun bronzed arm spread over the back of the couch, or, if Lucian had chosen one of the overstuffed cream suede chairs she’d ease herself onto the generous arm cushion with an equally golden thigh hanging off with the threat of contact. Perhaps the wave had made him a new friend and one that inspired the Matron’s daughter to groan. Rose appeared to me murmuring something to Terpsichore about her behavior from behind pinched lips until Sune joined them again and she let it go. Terpsichore did whatever she wanted at all times, anyway. ’A feast? Oh we don’ need all that man, jus’ doin’ our jobs. No need for any celebration.’ And she’d give Lucian one of her easy smiles that was both warm and communicated that his suggestions were a little overboard. Alas, any tension aside she was the nose-to-the-grindstone type and would get the job done and won with flying colors. Now, they settled in and Lucian appeared to want their perspectives. Both girls let a brow raise, made eye contact and then shrugged to hear them out with a shrug. After, Rose polished off the ginger beer, belched without shame and rose from her seat to seize another. As she made her way to the kitchen in her usual lazy, hip wagging locomotion she could be heard offering her take on the matter. ’Ain’ exactly breakin’ ground here but sounds like y’ got a double agent situation on your hands. Or, y’ had one. An’ that’s just if the poor guy didn’t fall for some kinda okeydoke.’ A twin hiss-pop! could be heard as the caps to another pair of beers were torn off and Rose made her way back in; passing one to the other Sentinel...who rose it to Lucian in demand of a toast? An eyeroll before Rose claimed her seat and, much like Terpsichore, didn’t bother crossing her mostly bare legs. What use did Sentinels on a mountain ranch have for Miss Manner’s guidelines? ’I’m with Snowball, though. We think it’d be easier on th’ bairn if y’ do what needs to be done here, or, get ‘im here right after. Peaceful, protected joint. Kennit?’

Lucian had been attempting to imply that it would be shameful for Daul Dra'sin if she were to feel ashamed for showing affection to his cousin. But it was pointless to even argue the point. And his cousin was a big girl. She could handle herself.....especially if she were being neglected in such a way. For now he was content to let the matter slide. Perhaps he was being a tad protective of his cousin. But she was her own person and, from what his father had said, was content with the arrangement as it stood with Daul. Then it wasn't his place to tread. Instead Lucian enjoyed that drink he had poured for himself then. The slight burning down his chest to his stomach elated him to no end. "Oh no doubt he was planning it for some time." He agreed on that much. And as he had moved to sit back down on the couch, he found that someone else had decided to grace him with her presence. His head raised and he regarded the girl with an amused expression on that face as he thought on what it was she might be trying to prove. Intimidate him and force him to leave the couch? Or something else? He wouldn't bend so easily. In fact, Lucian felt the need to lean back into that chair with his free hand staying on his lap. The other hand holding the drink of course. "Nonsense. You're the first organization I'll officially have done business with as Korel's ruler. I owe you nothing less." And he raised that glass up with that smile on his face before taking just one more sip. And then he felt displeasure roll over him. "A giant? Like the ones that invaded Nexxian?" And now another piece of the puzzle had descended on them. He stayed quiet then, allowing Sune'ere and the girls to come to the conclusion that he had, all the while just merely sipping at that drink. His other hand of course going back to his lap and not trailing any closer to that golden thigh of his charming companion. Though perhaps his eyes did flicker to the other's form just a tad. They all were still clinging to that idea of Elric being revived and brought here. "And now we arrive at the complication." He intoned with some dread in his voice. "You've told me that Edward Elric departed the Agency on some mission. Days later Nexxian City is attacked. But you never said how you knew he was dead. Only that he was." And he shifts just a tad on his seat as he decides to refocus. "My grandmother is......skilled in these matters. She brought back Elric's younger brother and that was harder than any simple resurrection, I can assure you. But when I went to her to find this other Elric's soul....." And he feels that uneasiness form as he looks at the trio. His own gaze shifts back down to his drink. Again, how to word it? Sune'ere had been direct. He too needed to be direct. The drink was finished once more, his third or fourth at this point, before he raised his head to regard Prince Sune'ere. "My grandmother could not locate your friend's soul in the afterlife. He's not dead. In fact from all the information you've given me, along with the fact that it was hisfather in charge of the army......I believe your friend Edward Elric was the traitor in your ranks."

[Sune`ere] Sune'ere glared at Terpy when he came back and intentionally puffed out his chest, sucking in a huge amount of breath. It was almost like he got into fights with her just because it was fun. Then again, he had been full of pride since coming back from the trials, surviving against people who were light years ahead of you, especially the last round had done wonders for his confidence, though certainly not for his body. He watched as Terpy splayed herself near Lucian and couldn't help but chuckle at the looks one was giving the other. Lust? A possibility or they were just vying for dominance. As he sat himself back down he commented to the prince. "Either Terpy there has taken a liking to you, or she plans on gutting you if you're not careful. But if you two plan on fooling around can you wait until business is concluded?" He winked towards Terpsichore, if she wanted the prince to herself well he wasn't going to stop her. He only needed Lucian up til a certain point,. When Rose joined and took a seating much like Terpsichore had He would just grin and let a hand slide around her pulling her in closer, before listening to what they all had to say. Concerning the feast Sune'ere could only nod and smile. "C'mon Rose, when a Prince wants to treat people, there's no denying him. You should know that first hand the amount of times I've treated you even when you said you couldn't take anymore." If there was one thing that remained about Sune from his time in Nexxian it was his indiscretion concerning his personal life, even when private matters were concerned. The man had next to no shame. At Lucians mention of Giants he would nod and give a quirk of his brow, the fact that the prince didn't have as much knowledge as him was weird in it's own way. "Yes but more controlled. Jaeger could minimize structural damage like no other of his size. Of course there were problems, but when aren't their when you're dealing with a berserker." he shrugged and took a sip of more lemonade, and -and as the prospect of a double agent was brought up Sune only nodded, it seemed likely. However the fact that Kitsuko determined that Ed's soul was not in the afterlife, and was in fact still somewhere was troublesome. He had looked high and low once his body was healed after the fight for Ed and any other agents. However the thought that Ed was a double agent actually raised his hackles. Unintentionally he was leaking core magi into his being, as if he prepared to fight someone and his normally light blue eye's bled that hoarfrost color again. "Ed wouldn't do something like that to us. You fight beside someone for a long while and you start to know just what they will and won't do. Unless these people had Al or someone important captive, he wouldn't betray me like that." Whether it was true or not, Sune simply wouldn't face that possibility. Ed had been the one to betray them? That was outrageous. Al was away on a mission with a Primoris basically at his side. Unless Ed had hidden more things from him, Sune simply couldn't take it into consideration that the man had betrayed him. He sighed and shook his head once more. "This guy wasn't like our dads. I know we got our differences Lucian but, at their cores my pops and yours have our best interests at heart. This guy, it's a blessing I killed him. He used people, children for war. What kind of father could do that and not feel guilt or shame? You wouldn't come here with news that said you didn't have a lead. You're kind are too damn proud. So you have a lead on where Ed is then?"

Rose cleared her throat to stifle a laugh when Sune’ere went on about Terpsichore and her sudden macabre fascination with Lucian. Being put on the spot brought a neutral and ever amused reaction from the blond monster; her sharp smile on display and red eyes briefly narrowing before she laughed— and neither confirmed any direction of the Dra’sen’s guessing nor made a move to scoot away from Lucian. Rose shook her head and sipped a bit more; allowing Sune’ere to pull her closer and soaking up his preternatural warmth even if it was a touch muggy on the ranch. Shorts weather for sure but this far up north it would never truly have dog days and scorchers. ’Oh man, not in mixed company Snowball!’ and for once the innocent eyes might see Rose blush a little bit as, of course, Sune’ere was being rather truthful about all he had graced her with which always resulted, or ended, in breathless begging. However, now came the time to quiet down as Lucian said something that threw her for a loop after she’d committed to listening intently. Unlike Sune’ere, Rose hadn’t known Edward very well and didn’t have much of a bias toward or against him— so she’d speak up where Sune’ere couldnt bare to. ’Y’got anything that ties this t’gether other’n deductive reasonin’? An’ secondly, if anybody’s got a personal belongin’ of his we can find him if he’s on this rock somewhere.’ Now, she leaned back to hug her man’s neck knowing full well he was angry, riled up and uncomfortable with the new development— his eyes burning not unlike his father’s in a way that worried her was enough to get that across. Over and over her brown fingers would course through his white beard and hair. Soothing the beast, so to speak.

Lucian merely stared at the girl with that amused expression. He was so desiring to make a remark about the ranch girls being very warm blooded for interlopers but decided against it. It wouldn't do to anger his hosts after all. His head shook and he decided to lean forward so as to reach for the pitcher of lemonade that was there before him. Unfortunately, this put him in a far more intimate proximity to the new girl Terpsichore. That golden thigh far too close for his comfort as he turned his head to look over at her with that disarming smile. All the while pouring himself another drink. Fourth or fifth was his estimation now. He decided not to respond to Sune's jibe about him and "Terpy" fooling around. No. He didn't mix business and pleasure. And especially not at the same time with guests watching. He most definitely did not roll his eyes when Sune made his remark about pleasing his beloved. No. He would not go there or make a snarky remark. Instead he just leaned back and listened to the rival Prince speak about it all. The boy Jaeger and the fact he too was a "Titan Shifter" like this Leonhardt girl. "You can't deny that the evidence is a tad damning. This is what double agents do. They make you believe a fairy tale about themselves." He felt it. Perhaps the two females did not feel it in the room. Or maybe it was just the tension heightening. But Lucian could feel the energy just starting to burn off of Sune. "How certain are you that he wasn't playing the long game with you and Zerephan?" He wasn't trying to be dismissive of Sune's feelings on the matter but this might very well have Sune's problem. The man clearly cared more than any of his siblings or family members. It was an.....admirable quality. Lucian was so certain that this was the case. That the son had betrayed his friends for the father. But there was something else behind it all. The earnest explanation about what kind of man this Hohenheim was. It felt endearing and believable. Lucian in truth did not know any of these people. He only come at this with an outsider's perspective. "No. Deductive reasoning is unfortunately all I've had since this dilemma your beloved has put me in. I thought the arrangement between me and him would be simple but it just got more complicated." And if there's a bit of a bite in his tone, well it can't be helped. Lucian was a man of his word when it came to deals. And now it felt like he wouldn't be able to deliver. The Prince sipped his drink before deciding to rise up to a full stand. He pushed off the chair, his free hand perhaps brushing ever so slightly against that leaning thigh, as he sought to move about. "There are only two likely possibilities here. One: Edward Elric is a traitor to your organization. Or two: He isn't. Now if he is a traitor then he played you all for fools. You, Zerephan, and even my grandmother." And if that was the case then the deal was off and Elric would get an early grave. "But.....if you're right, then he isn't. The question is what took him away from Nexxian City. What was so pressing that he needed to leave?" He gives it some pause to consider. His own deductive mind attempting to rationalize an answer for them all. "I'm not certain about any personal belongings that Elric may have left behind. My grandmother may have packed it away. Or perhaps that younger brother of his has something. As for my assurance, his soul is not in the afterlife. So if he's not in the afterlife then that means his soul is somewhere. Perhaps taken from him and bound to something. Or perhaps....perhaps he has been alive this whole time and a prisoner." This whole situation was frustrating to him. It was the blind leading the blind at this point. But what else was there to do? "A lead? A lead to progress. If we want to go forward......it might be best to go back. To go forward, we go back." It was vague and yet enlightening all at once as he thought of how to verbalize it. "Perhaps a trip back to Nexxian is what is needed. Retrace Elric's last steps."

Sune`ere could only grin when Rose blushed, for once he'd managed to embarrass her and it brought a slightly proud grin from him. As for Terpsichore's reaction well it was hard to judge, but he'd given Lucian a bit of a warning or so he thought. The ladies of the ranch were insatiable in his experience. "C'mon Rose no more embarrassing than sitting on my lap in front of my parents?" He teased at her and watched Lucian's expression. It was weird not having someone just play along with the way he teased people. Normally they jumped at the chance to bite back at him, or blushed with embarrassment, this one was having none of that. He sighed at it all. It was hard not to become enraged at the prospect that a friend had betrayed him. Anyone in his position would feel the same way. However the way Rose soothed him seemed like the perfect way to keep his mind off of it. he closed his eye's and listened to it all while trying to remain cold and logical. An impossible task with a woman near him, but he could at least remain logical if not cold. He let himself release that tension and try not to let his core manifest much stronger than it already had. Lucian's words were right, they spoke to the detectives instincts he'd honed while working at the agency. This was where things logically lead, and he couldn't let emotions cloud his judgment no matter how much he wanted Ed to be innocent. "If he betrayed me, then it's my job to give him what's his due. As the last member of the agency, I should be the one to fix this problem. However Ed wouldn't do that. He may not of worn his heart on his sleeve, but he wasn't the type to betray friends. I know it." There was such conviction in his voice it was hard not to believe him. Sune despite his age really was naive when it came to certain people. He nodded at the mention of personal belonging's. Alpohonse would certainly have something, and in the ruins of the agency they could certainly find a document or two maybe a scrap of cloth. It hadn't been so long that the trail had gone cold, and technically that plot of land had been in his and Edwards name, nothing should of been done to it to disturb it since the battle. "There are few things that can drive a man to run on the eve of battle. I don't know if Ed had a lover, but what if he was abducted by someone, taken against his will?" The thought was there. Ed certainly wasn't weak by any means, Sune knew that for a fact. However there were beings that frequented places like Nexxian who could of easily abducted the alchemist. He nodded at the thought of returning to Nexxian. It wouldn't be bad, to go see his old stomping grounds. Maybe he could help out as well. "Alphonse is our best bet, however we lost contact with him after Nexxian. Our communications between agents had been destroyed in the fight. Nexxian might be our best bet. You seem intent to see this through Lucian, will you accompany me then?"
Røse
Røse
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Røse Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:50 pm

’There weren’t nowhere else to park!’ she’d exclaim; laughing and turning even redder. At no point did she stop, for lack of a better term petting Sune’ere. ’Don’t know any Alphonse...all tasks for the future.’ she’d say, opting to sit the rest of the conversation out now that she felt it was a bit too personal for Sune’ere but understanding that he appreciated her being there for support. The suggestion that one’s friend who may well have been a traitor after being thought dead for nearly a year was a heavy one— and it wasnt unreasonable for it to inspire rage.

Rose continued to, for lack of a better term “pet” Sune’ere while he explained the other possibilities for why his not-so-dead-friend may have vanished rather than died. They made sense to her but Rose was also a rather no-nonsense kinda girl who assumed the worst about people. It came with the whole Rough Past package deal. But the conviction behind the man’s strange, alien eyes made it clear he wasn’t making excuses for Edward but speaking from the heart.

Terpsichore in the meantime had taken a butterfly blade from her utility belt and sling; using it casually to pick at her nails and spin around while making it a point to remain near Lucian but not actually look at him any longer. Clearly, this was her version of “behaving” in the midst of the weighted exchange, though, she did earn a sideways glance from Rose and a shake of her head. Terpsichore’s skullduggery notwithstanding, something occured to the darker skinned Jann in the room and she found the need to pipe up again,

’Last winter when he was up ‘ere t’ help us with some issues on th’ land, he didn’t come off like th’ type that would cross his kin. And I don’t just mean his brother, I mean he made it pretty damned clear without needin’ to say a word that his other detective buddies were kin.’ She then remembered the little scuffle she’d heard about between him and the Pirmoris redhead as Khooey had been crying about it to her later in the night. Apparently it had been extremely stressful and it was a miracle no one had gotten hurt. ’I’d say a man who’d almost come to wantin’ to trade blows with this guy’s brother over somebody else he wasn’t even related to maybe ain’t the type t’ cross his friends. Y’know...the Primavera people? Ed was fixin’ to square up with Ginger Snap.’ Now, Rose stood and took to the kitchen where, without asking, she pulled out four tumblers and filled them with double shots of Redpointe whiskey. She was keen enough to understand the conversation had taken them past what spiked lemonade could provide. Wordlessly, she dropped off two drinks to Terpsichore and Lucian and then reclaimed her spot on Sune’ere’s lap with a whump that might have caused him to cough from the force of her flop.

’An’ y’all aren’t going to that city without me…’ Spoken with a confident finality as she raised her glass to her lips and sampled the high quality, unnaturally smooth firewater while looking at Lucian over the rim of the glass to see if he protested. Terpsichore appeared to be doing the same— although she had little interest in tagging along.

Røse
Røse
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucian Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:40 pm

Lucian was trying to be pragmatic about all of this. And perhaps he was too focused on the matter at hand not to dive into the humor like Sune'ere was. The truth was that.....they weren't friends. They were associates at best now. Business associates. And giving into humor and a camaraderie as though they were friends would be unprofessional. Even then, Lucian knew that he couldn't give into the notion of befriending these people. If he did.....

He might just start to like them.

"The boy Alphonse would be Edward Elric's younger brother. He was part of that Agency that Sune'ere was part of. He was...." Lucian had never met the boy Alphonse Elric. But he knew the history. That history had been crucial for his grandmother finding work after so long. "The boy had been dead before. Not just dead. Obliterated in his entirety. Who or what did it to him I don't know. He was the key to my grandmother joining the Agency. She made a bargain with Elric in front of my father. A job for his younger brother's life. Needless to say, Elric was so excited and happy that he shook my grandmother to the point where she almost exploded and destroyed the Agency building out in that desert." A little history lesson never hurt. And it would give context to Rose on how connected Lucian's family had been to the Agency, much as how Sune'ere was a connection for the Dra'sins to that Agency.

The Prince still stood as he sought to move around his chair and lean against the wall, near where that couch that Terpsichore was sat playing with a knife. His eyes flickered to the blade before his gaze flickered back to the other pair in the room. He listened as Sune spoke of possible betrayal and him needing to be the one to finish Elric if he was the traitor that Lucian thought of him as. Sune spoke of Elric being a good man who wouldn't betray others. Lucian thought it noble of him to defend his dead traitor friend. "We'll never know for certain what lead him away unless we go and retrace Elric's last steps." How long had that trail been cold though? It had been months, no? Who could be certain?

But it was what Rose spoke of that certainly startled Lucian. The Elric boy seemed more commendable by the second. A dark chuckle escaped him as he heard her speak of the Primoris. But the smile faded into something else as he realized she spoke of Caden Dra'sin. "You mean he was willing to fight a Celesin Prince over someone else?" And he can't help but be in awe just a tad from that. His gaze flickered to Sune'ere as he wondered how the man could deal with it. Friend and family almost trading blows. Family of bond over family of blood. It was a terrifying situation to be in, no doubt.

He took the drink from Rose as she emerged from that kitchen and sipped at it once again. His body once more finding his seat as he sought to enjoy the burn of the alcohol going through his body. For some reason, the Prince found he could relax here. Even with the current company. His wits were kept and he thought of everything. The case had been thrust upon his lap and now he was in a predicament where he needed to see this through. But he had given them a lead. He had provided evidence that Edward Elric was alive and not dead.

That should be enough.

"I cannot." And he feels no shame in it. It may or may not be surprising to the others. His eyes seemed to flicker down to his drink, away from their possible surprised stares, as he thought of the event he needed to attend to. "I have.....other business that I believe will take up too much of my own time. I don't believe for the time being I can be of much use to you, Prince Sune'ere." And he takes a good long drink to finish it off. They'll want an answer. They'll want to know why he can't see this through just yet. And he would give the only answer he could. "We all have our own trials to undertake. You've taken yours by the looks of it.......mine is just beginning."

And, as an afterthought, he gave them another lead. "Alphonse is connected to my grandmother whether he knows it or not. My grandmother will be able to find him no matter where he goes. Or, if you wish to track him yourselves, she may have something of a personal belonging of his you could use."

Lucian
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Sune'ere was pleased with Rose's reaction. It was unfortunate that he had to be so serious after wanting to just go into chill mode after the trials. However the time for reactivation was rapidly approaching. He nodded when Rose mentioned Ed wanting to fight his brother as if to confirm it. "I'm not sure he would of won in any sense of the word, but I wouldn't of let my friend die, even if it meant standing up to Caden. The best I could do was stop Khooey from getting in the middle of their brawl." He sighed and watched as Rose got up and would continue to listen to Lucian, concerning his own trials and, what his mother could accomplish for them. It seemed acceptable, he certainly couldn't ask the prince to just halt his life for him. So the stage had been set. They would be returning to Nexxian soon enough to continue this quest for his friend. There was so much work to be done, between what he'd learned at his trials, his own training with his sister, his continuing advancement as a gunsmith, and finally finding his lost friend.

He coughed as Rose plopped down onto his lap and couldn't help but chuckle. As much as he'd like to say something perverted, probably about her butt, he would hold his tongue for now. "Excellent, then we're decided. Lucian if you could ask your mother to track down Alphonse that should be enough on your end. We'll do some leg work in Nexxian, and see if we can't find some way to track down Ed himself or what happened to him." He chuckled a bit looking between everyone gathered before once more wrapping his arms around Rose.

"If there is anything else that I can assist with Lucian, just ask. Or even if you wish to visit me at home, you're certainly welcome. I know my family can be off putting to you and yours, but I prefer this mutually beneficial relationship as opposed to what it could one day become. Also, good luck in your trials. If it is anything like mine were, you very well may need it."

He smiled as best as he could to the prince who might one day become his enemy. He turned towards his lover and moved one of his hands to take hers. "Whenever we can both get time off from our duties, I'll be ready to leave with you. Back to Nexxian. Let's hope things haven't changed too much in the time I've been gone."
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum