Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Morning After

3 posters

Go down

The Morning After Empty The Morning After

Post by Sune Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:36 am

That feeling, of your entire body hurting after a most intense work out that drove you to the brink of exhaustion. Every bone creaking, every limb sore, a struggle to open your eye's. That was Sune'ere Dra'sen at the moment. He was sprawled out on his bed in the basement room of the Redpointe house. Caked in sweat and other things that were not sweat. Naked as the day he was born, with only a light blanket barely draped over his legs. He snored steadily, the rise and fall of his chest a light struggle. The room was a wreck, a plate with a half finished sandwich on it he'd need to throw out. A bottle of beer and then an even larger growler somewhere in the room. An empty revolver that had never been fired on the night stand. More sheets and pillows thrown around like there had been a whirlwind that came through.

In a way that wasn't so far from the truth.

The light struggle to breath came from the woman sprawled out over, with limbs splayed this way and that. Head or arms putting their full weight on him, if she hadn't been as tired as him, he may of woken her. The dark skinned Rose had been the whirlwind that came through his rented room, and he'd ridden it to completion. Only surviving by sheer will and vigor. The lazy prince's leg twitched, barely on the bed, and kicked over one of the beer bottles to let the clank and roll of glass along the floor echo in the room. Of all the things that could of woken him, that was the thing.

Groggily, tired, with every limb on fire he stared at the ceiling. Not registering anything except for the sight of the Redpointe ceiling. "Huh, how drunk did I get last night?" Normally his hangovers consisted of a pounding headache, and the need to relieve his bladder. The next thing that registered was the dull ache in his abdomen and lower. "FUCK how much did I jer-" He was suddenly aware of the other person that was splayed along his all too warm chest. The nest of dark hair obscuring his view from the rest of her, he craned his head up slowly enough to not wake her if he hadn't earlier. Recognizing the sleeping and naked form of Rose, the Gunsmith he'd taken a shine to at Redpointe, the biggest smile spread over his face. He lay back down and realized that his shoulders hurt way more than almost the rest of his body. Thinking back to the previous dream of a night he vaguely recalled becoming quite scratched up.

Moving an arm to gather Rose up in the crook of his elbow and pull her closer. He didn't care how much he hurt, he pulled her in closer to him. If she hadn't been woken by everything else he was doing he would shake her gently. "Hey ... Hey." Every time he tried to get her attention he would move her back and forth with a careful use of his strength. "C'mon Rose, get that sweet ass up or else I'm tossing you off." He joked, but hopefully that would get her attention. He stretched out his other arm and legs, trying to pop his joints and get the blood flowing. Even training with his sister didn't wear him out like that.
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

The Morning After Empty Re: The Morning After

Post by Røse Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:54 am

Rose stirred; letting loose a complaint in the form of a short semi conscious Huff. The beer bottle that toppled over hadn't brought her up from slumber quite enough to open her eyes. Neither did his pulling her closer and his gentle swaying wasn't quite strong enough either.

It couldn't be helped as Rose was a legendarily heavy sleeper— and he'd worn her all the way out. However, something about his joke snapped her out of it as if an alarm had gone off. Rose shot up; hands on his chest to support her weight and her eyes wide from fear.

’I'm sorry! I'm not— ….oh. and for some reason she was trembling moments after; having experienced a true fight or flight response that included a gust of what little adrenaline she had left. ‘Shit, sorry….nightmare.’ she lied and immediately looked tired again while rubbing her eyes and shakily freeing him of her weight by rolling onto her side.

A deep shuddering breath announced that the fear response and dulling effect on her stiff, pained frame had left the arena.

“I feel like… Like I got attacked by a shark. In the crotch.” She all but moaned; grimacing at how sore everything was below the waist. Her own back had a few sets of angry red streaks down it. Sune  hadn't broken skin like she had done to him but the marks were there along with light bruising on her wrists.

“Suppose we tell ‘em we got in a fight but it kinda looks like I might-a won….” She laughed after and her eyes were drawn to the ceiling. A few footsteps could be heard along with the door opening. Sophonax was likely home. The main floor always became active when the Matron touched down. Rose could have sworn she was due in last night...

Gasoline shine hair made frothy and tangled by a rough night and failure to braid it before sleeping was shoved out of her eyes.  Then she paused….remembering something important about the events that had oh so pleasantly traumatized her body. Those strange, almost animal like platinum eyes turned to Sune.

You remember after uhh….the, uh. The Thing I did?” She asked; biting her bottom lip and smirking. ‘Y’called me your girl… Am I your girl, now?’
Røse
Røse
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:27 am

Sune'ere was caught completely off guard by her reaction to him threatening to toss her off him.  The hands suddenly on his chest pushing down on him, he let out a gasp of air and stared up at her for a moment.  What the hell was that?  Starring at her in confusion for a moment while she apologized and removed herself from him.  It would take him a moment to register everything going on.  Her tone, the fear the quick way she shot up, he'd file what he'd done in the do not do again bin.  He raised the hand that had been holding her up above his head to stretch with the rest of his limbs.  Her next comment got a big hearty laugh out of him where he lay.

"Yeah, hurts like a bitch now.  Damn if it wasn't totally worth it.  I haven't had a ride like that in ... "  He thought for a moment, going lazily through a mental list of experiences he'd had before he finished his sentence.  "Well shit.  Ever.  That was definitely a first for me."  Her next words got a chuckle from him.  With how scratched up and bruised they both were it actually wouldn't be that unbelievable.  Yeah he supposed a fight would be a pretty good analogy to what had happened last night.  Looking around the room, well it looked like a fight had broken out anyway.

"Rose, Darlin' no one's going to believe that at all if they were in the house at all last night."  He grinned from ear to ear at that comment, after all it was a source of pride.  He sat up at the sound of foot steps up above them.  He listened for a moment, a warrior's instincts taking over as he waited to see if they would come near the basement door.  For a moment he was all serious even if he was sore and naked.  Years of expecting to be attacked at any moment tended to make you jumpy, even in a place that should be safe like Redpointe.  Her voice brought him back to look right into those platinum eyes.  He heard her words and grinned thinking about what she was referencing, before the last words really stuck with him.  Had he said that?

He put on a show of thinking it over for a moment, hand on his chin and face craned to the side as he stared off well right at her.  Not that anyone would blame him for getting another eye full anyway.  After maybe five seconds he would nod to her.  "I guess I got a little caught up in the moment last night didn't I? I mean, saying something like that ... "  He chuckled nervously, waiting to see what kind of look he would get from her. Anticipating her possibly becoming upset he would rest his own hand over hers.  "I uh, I don't know Rose. I do know that I'm willing to give us a shot. If that's okay with you?"  The smile he gave her was genuine and a little nervous.  Was he in love?  Well that was a bit soon to say.  Was he willing to give this thing between him and Rose a shot?  That was easier to answer, of course he was.

He stayed there for a moment or two, smiling before he started to look around them both at the bed and the sheets and everything else before back to her.  "So ... Where did you hide my pants?"
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Røse Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:12 pm

“Oh, never? Y’ don't say….” From Rose and complete with a wry grin. She could also admit she hadn't ever been run through quite like that and with such a substantial….vigor.  She broke eye contact with him to glance up at the ceiling. A stool could be heard getting dragged across the kitchen tiles, four sets of feet making sounds and one set she couldn't place a name to, possibly an excited child and a voice she found completely unfamiliar. It was all hard to make sense of. Did they have company again?

A double take took Rose back to Sune as he gave her his amused and yet pensive look; inspiring her to utter a short laugh and then cover her mouth.

“Yeah I think I could give it a try. So long as y’ don't get scared of bein’ involved with a mom. I mean, Odine seems to like you. Definitely got a knack with kids, you.” Rose turned from her side onto her belly and bunched up the light blanket she'd stolen from Sune under her chest; propping herself up on it and her elbows.

“I'd put money down it got kicked under the bed. Aint sure what I did with my shirt….you had my pants last I checked.”  Rose realized she wanted the growler and realized it would likely still be just as drinkable if she had capped it tightly enough. So she abandoned her blanket perch and eased off the bed; groaning upon standing and feeling a tight, dull ache in her thighs.

Wearing nothing but her leather sentry cuff; Rose poked around the room; using her toes to check around and under debris for important items. First she found the shirt Sune had worn over the tank from last night and put it on instead of giving it to him. It was large on her and hung off her shoulders but she didn't seem to mind and began to button it. A pause halfway up so she could stare at the ceiling again.

“Ok I think we might have got someone over. Whole lot of something going on up there.” and she thought she could hear her own child squealing with excitement and running back and forth. “Guess we both gotta put on pants and— found it!”

The Growler had been tipped over but was indeed capped and still fizzy. Sune would see her unscrewing it and tipping the bottle;  downing nearly sixteen ounces in one fell swoop. She wouldn't find pause in passing it to him if he came near.

“Well buddy….ready for our walk of shame? “
Røse
Røse
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:00 am

Sune'ere smiled when she made mention that she had a kid, he shook his head to show that he certainly didn't have a problem with it.  When she said he had a knack with kids he grinned just a bit.  "Thought I told ya, I must of helped my uncle with a few kids of his own.  I know my way around toddlers and teens.  "  He tried to smile, did he really have a way with her own kid?  He hadn't noticed yet, but her kid was young. 

Crawling on the ground and looking for his clothes Sune would find his pants and pull them on just in time to see her wearing his button up.  He grinned as he looked up at her.  Well now you're not even hiding it. [/]"  He chuckled though, as he continued to listen to what was going on upstairs.  It could just be more people coming over but it hardly mattered.  He had figured out what was happening between him and the Redpointe sentry.  Nothing really mattered much besides that to him at the moment.

Standing up he found a sleeveless shirt, and threw it on before he moved over to Rose, kissing her quickly on the lips, like he was trying to help.  The taste of the warm but still good beer coming with it he would grin.   "[I]Walk of shame huh?  Nope no shame here.
"  when she found pants he would open the door for her and walk with her towards the upstairs.  Opening the door he would immediately head for the kitchen unless Rose lead him elsewhere.  He was hungry, and there were very few things in this world that were going to stop him from getting food.

One of those things would be Roses kid Odine, if that little tyke was running around he certainly wouldn't hesitate to give her attention.  Anything else though, unless it's name was Rose could just screw right off until he filled his stomach.
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Røse Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:01 am

Rose  gave a snort and a laugh when he made his comment about her not bothering to hide anything via wearing his shirt. After he kissed her, of course.

“What would be the point? Plus it's good luck when a girl wears your shirt, don't you know?” Which she'd just made up, of course. Rose also liked that it smelled like him. It was a nice scent.

In fact, she'd be indisposed with smelling it while walking up the stairs behind Sune and entering the main floor. She knew he must have been famished and when hungry must have had a singular kind of focus….because she watched him make a beeline to the kitchen and ignore the absolutely outrageous scene playing out in the sitting room. Nothing blocked their view save maybe for the hearth column acting as a thin divide between the kitchen and living space.

Rose paused several paces behind Sune’ere and gawked: four people were present just as she'd counted before via footsteps sounding off above her head while in bed with her lover: Gwenna, Whinnie-Sloane, Sophonax….and Princess Humongous. Or,by her proper name— Daul Dra’sen.

Rose noticed it was technically five people considering little Odine had somehow made her way into the huge, muscular woman's arms and appeared to be trying to assault her repeatedly with a thankfully soft and squishy toy that squeaked upon each impact: her little brown face was split in a gigantic smile and her pale strawberry curls bounced with each attempt.

‘Well, Hell's bells’ from Rose, currently trying to stifle a laugh just as Gwenna and Whinnie were. Daul was at a disadvantage considering she'd been clearly forced onto a kiddie stool with Sophonax behind her wielding a pair of shears, some clippers and plenty of expertise. She even heard her mother say “Don't let ‘er get y’ jerkin’ this head ‘ round or I'm gonna end up havin’ to shave it all off.”

Sophonax had a habit of forcing grooming on shaggy hair whenever they came around her house. She'd gotten Harken with the same treatment before and likely Sune had a couple of sessions under his belt as well. It just seemed so sinful to let these young men (and a woman) run around with their haircuts growing out. It was unsightly. So the Matron  was wont to pounce and was obviously so nice about it that even the big bad Primoris had fallen victim.

Snickering, Rose crossed into the living room and rescued Daul from Odine and her savagery; even pausing once she had the one year old toddler secure in one arm and stationed on a hip to brush flecks of shorn silver hair from the big woman's shoulder. Grinning the entire time.

’If y’ not careful she'll get you like this every single time. I mean, it looks good though.’ and it was true— she'd shortened Dauls hair quite a bit more and brought out more of the false Mohawk shape at her hairline. Now it looked more like a style and not a shoddy rip off of the emperor's messy Ceasar.

’Seriously, keep it this way. It's handsome, Daul! Don't you want to bring that out? You're a good looking cat.’

Rose was so amused she hadn't yet thought to ask anyone the obvious question: what  in the nine hells was Sune'ere's infamous warlord sister and darling of the Celesin Empire even doing here at the Redpoint house? Certainly she hadn't come for a hair appointment.
Røse
Røse
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Sune chuckled as she mentioned it being good luck to wear his shirt. Actually he had probably heard that from somewhere else. Couldn't exactly remember who had told him that, but chances were it had been his uncle. Yes Sune was of a singular mind when he was hungry, making a beeline for the kitchen he would only lazily wave at the people in the living room. Not even noticing that his sister of all people was there for the moment. He really wanted a morning sandwich. Grabbing three slices of bread, and scrounging for some lunch meat and condiments he would begin to assemble something akin to a monstrosity. Different meats and sauces in healthy doses, enough of everything that he needed to hold it on a plate to keep it from spilling onto the floor. He could hear what was going on and in the living room, and without a word from his sister he just thought they were talking to some random person come through or one of the sentinels he had somehow not met yet.

Then someone, maybe it had been rose said his sisters name. He set down his sandwich from it's first bite and set it down onto his plate.

"Daul? What the hell am I missing in there." He grabbed his plate and moved into the living room to be met with the sight of his large muscular sister getting her hair cut, and sitting in a kiddie chair of all things. If he hadn't been warned about it, he very well may of ruined his sandwich. Blinking a few times, Sune was obviously a little confused. He went to stand beside Rose, almost on instinct on the side where she wasn't holding her baby girl. Looking his sister over he tugged at a length of his facial hair he'd need to trim soon. "Oh please tell me this is your first time getting your hair cut. This is freaking priceless. Haha" He lifted his sandwich and took a large bite from it and enjoyed every chew. Just what he needed, meats and veggies. He had to wait for a few moments as the chuckles kept him from swallowing like a normal person.

He looked from Daul to Sophonax, as the matron continued to cut his sisters hair and then he looked back to Daul. "You're lucky, Sophonax here got me when I was trying to grow out my hair. That took a good hour to get it back to normal." Another bite, he looked around to see the others reaction to everything. Honestly he had been expected to get pelted with shoes or something the moment he came up from the basement. This was definitely much better than shoes.

"So what brings ya out here Sis? I know Soph is good at hair cuts, but did Celesin lose all their barbers?" He chuckled at this and continued to eat, rather rapidly. His eye's flicking between Rose and Odine, Gwenna and Whinnie, and Daul and Sophonax. Sune wasn't opposed to his sister being here. He actually quite enjoyed being around the big lug sometimes, and it wasn't uncommon for someone from Celesin to come down to Redpointe. He had certainly expected his older brother before Daul though, I mean what reason did Daul have for being here, especially since Jophiel wasn't here.

He turned to Rose and smiled. "If you're hungry I can hold the tyke while you get yourself a bite to eat. I promise not to abuse my power and see how cute my sis looks with a kid."
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Daul Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:47 am

How had such a prideless scenario happened?

Daul had arrived with the impression it would be another serious, simple affair save for the sense of humor her brother offered; his easy going attitude sometimes leaving her with the impression he could never take anything seriously and might be hopeless for the scenario she had in mind— or at least difficult. But he was still a beloved member of the imperial family who she wanted to see succeed.

What had driven her to seek him out was none other than venom from Drustan Draghurst. Of all he’d said to her in the Bellatorium along with the disrespectful manner he’d addressed the empress had left a cold fire in her belly. None of the others seemed to find offense in his disposition save Daul. She felt her eyes were open in that Draghurst’s ascension both per his station and metaphysical evolution had lead him to forget he wasn’t the emperor himself. Aside from insinuating the Primoris Potentiae couldnt do her duties as she was to wed a Shuinsai royal he’d also implied, again in her eyes, that her brother was similarly incompetent and couldnt be trusted. How quaint that she’d gone from a very Mesiphidon-esque disposition of “Throw Sune’ere to the wolves and if he survived he was worthy” to being as if not more protective over him than Caden has been since their spat in front of the old Nexxian agency.

Daul crossed the wards which she knew were familiar with her; dressed in a rather boring ensemble which belied her failure to understand words and phrases like “casual”, “fashion” and “out of uniform”: a black undershirt, the bottoms to her proper-affairs uniform and an open black military coat. The big woman didn’t know how to dress like anything but a Primoris or a royal and preferred, if necessary or requested, to let Jophiel and her pack choose her clothing for her. Esarhaddon had tried as well in the past to make Daul over and appeared to have given up. She didn’t look bad, but could not have screamed I'm off duty and don’t know what to do with myself any louder.

After being allowed inside of the main home, fielding the easy warmth from Sophonax that even made a big stone like her smile— only to be tempered by wide eyed bewilderment from two girls inside of the home. They looked as if they’d laid eyes on a monster and yet Daul was used to the bafflement from folks who’d never seen a woman of her height and build. They usually confused her for a man. The Potentiae had been mulling this old-as-time experience over; noting she’d missed a few things Sophonax said and had nodded along mindlessly.

It hadn’t taken much time for her to wonder why she was being offered such a short stool and why the Matron insisted she sit in it and not a recliner or something more appropriate for a muscular, 6'5 frame; all but yanking her down onto the stool with a surprising amount of strength in one of those steely brown hands— catching Daul’s warrior instincts off guard and folding her easily into the chair. And then the brown hands came back and turned her skull around to examine...her hair, face? Before she could flinch she heard the buzz of clippers and the razor edge of the sheers clicking together. Immediately she grimaced; not expecting or even wanting someone to futz with her hair but knowing if she jerked away it would be worse than before. Sophonax had her at a disadvantage. If it had been a fight, she’d have lost.

“My apologies Matron, I must ins— “ she began to mount her first complaint only to be cut off by Sophonax who, behind her and out of view, made a request and left her hair free of manipulation for a moment. Daul mistakenly thought she was free until she realized Soph had been asking her to Go’ne n’ hold Odine”. A turn to look behind her and over her shoulder...and then down. An infant was stumbling around in circles; inspiring Daul to utter a short groan before very carefully lifting the baby up along with her soft and noisy apparatus. The Primoris had never held a baby before— she was lacking in maternal instinct and unlike her father found children to be walking, noisy little balls of energy and chaos that she always feared she may accidentally harm thanks to her strength. And yet she noticed that Odine’s big silver eyes didnt crunch up and let loose any tears of discomfort. No wailing. Just unwavering eye contact until she settled the baby on her knee and stared back at it as Sophonax started on her hair again. Minutes would pass of her being stared at by the baby girl who was completely un-intimidated by her. All while clippers buzzed and shears clicked over her skull.

Even Daul had to note the tiny girl smelled good as she held her gingerly; big hands almost being able to circumvent Odine’s pudgy little trunk. She’d heard about the baby smell before...looks like it was true. And then the little stinker let out a guffaw and began to bash Daul on the chest and shoulders with her toy. Around then, She watched Sune exit the basement floor— and one of the ranch girls followed him close behind and appeared to have the same eyes as Odine.

Wearing his shirt. Looking a little winded.

Daul sucked her teeth. Their father, the emperor, the Titan....he wasn't going to love this.

“No Sune’ere, it...it is not my first cut.” She grumbled; lips pressed together but exhibiting relief when the ranch sentry took the baby— ah…her baby, it seemed. “I’m elated you’re so amused. I’ve come to speak to you about something. In private if possible.” And she couldnt help but glance at the mother-sentry who was brushing her shoulders and telling her she looked good. Daul admittedly appreciated the sentiment any time an attractive woman let her know such a thing and gave her a ghost of a smile.

A sigh for Sune’ere as his jokes continued to roll in. She gave him a “get it all out” gesture.

One of the other Sentinels came by and parted the crowd staring down at Daul to hand the Primoris a handheld mirror now that Sophonax was done. Surprisingly, she didn’t reject it...and ran a hand through her hair while admiring a good job done.

“It, ah...thank you...matron. It is very nice.” She couldnt lie to Sophonax and be resentful. She really had fixed her right up. But Daul was back to grimacing as Sune’ere turned to Mother-Sentry and Baby-sentry and offered to hold Odine so Mother-sentry could get something to eat. And then she watched Mother-Sentry practically melt before passing her offspring to her brother, the Prince of Celesin and kiss him on the lips before sauntering to the kitchen.

A pretty mountain woman with wild eyes, wide hips, a seductive gait, nowhere near enough raw power to win their father’s blessing who had a child...and was the daughter of the ranch owner they’d gotten horses from. Damn. And nobody would get the issue better than she would considering her current mate. Daul winced a third time as it already didnt look anything like a fling.
Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Alignment : Celesin Imperium

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:19 pm

Sune'ere watched his sister in the same way he may of once watched a potential agency member so many months ago. A cool and calm look on his face, but his eye's watching her, tracking what she looked at. It was almost impossible to not notice the looks she was giving Rose and Odine. He smiled calmly to his sister in confirmation of what she might think was happening. The jokes continued as she asked him to get it all out. "Okay, just one last one, promise. That chair makes you look humongous." He chuckled to himself before he would listen to her. Hopefully he had gotten a laugh out of Rose as well.

When Rose gave him that sweet look when he asked to take care of Odine he would only smile back, but the cat was definitely out of the bag when she kissed him and went off to eat, leaving him holding the baby. He sat down and kept Odine on his lap and smiled happily down at her while he bounced her lightly on his knee. If his sister only thought that this was a simple affair, like he'd been known to have, she was unfortunately mistaken. Sune was quite taken with Rose, and he certainly seemed to naturally care for Odine with a almost paternal attention that came naturally to him. He looked to his sister with a smile once he had entertained Odine and she had taken her compliment from the rest of the girls.

"It looks good sis." A genuine compliment from him, and not even a hint of sarcasm. He continued to play with the child, even going so far as to coo at her should she continue to demand his attention, and children certainly usually did that. Even if the conversation took longer than usual, he still kept his attention on his sister.

"Private? If you try to drag me out of here, I'll punch you ya know. And I ain't a slouch anymore." He bounced Odine on his knee more and smiled down at her. "Isn't that right Odine? I been training a lot. Even if you giggle at me working out I'll keep doing it, that's right." He leaned in closer to give the child a small kiss on the forehead. Sophonax and the others probably had noted that he had acted like this around the child since their first introduction, weeks before him and Rose decided to become a thing. This wasn't just him trying to impress the childs mother to gain points, this was legitimately how Sune acted around children. The smile wasn't faked, and he certainly seemed happier here with the baby on his knee, than he almost ever had in the walls of Celesin.
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Daul Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:30 am

Likely to Sune’ere’s surprise Daul would fire back with a deadpan response to his joke about her seating arrangement and size.

“Every chair makes me look humongous, Sune’ere.” She’d say; noting the almost smug smile of confirmation from him. A silent “Yeah, its what you think it is” that actually made her wear yet another faint, crooked smile. Her brother was as headstrong and cocksure as she was— as every one of Mesiphidon’s litter was, really. They’d all defied their father in some way, past or present. He had instilled his pride  and spirit into them in various ways...surely he couldn’t expect it to not have consequences that flew in the face of his imperial and parental authority?

Daul heard the pretty girl in the kitchen laugh at what she said and then realized they were no longer surrounded by the other sentinels or the matron. They’d vanished and only the mother of the child on Sune’ere’s knee remained and was hard at work getting herself a meal together. A noncommittal grunt and a nod to his compliment about her hair. As, well, it suited her far better than Mesiphidon’s hair. All could see it was a vast improvement.

“Drag, no. But I have come to make a proposition toward you. And it is, as they say ‘Family business’. You are your own man in the end Sune’ere and I come offering assistance and tutelage. I have no desire to force you into anything.” Daul glanced into the kitchen just in time to see Rose enter the basement she’d come out of earlier; a plate of something in her hand and a large brown bottle of something she was holding by a glass loop on the neck. She shut the door behind her. Apparently they’d all heard her say “Private” and had simply filtered out of the room. A gracious gesture. However— Daul caught the wink Rose gave to her brother and knew her sibling would field some color on his cheeks along with one of his grins.

That left her, Sune and Odine who was having the time of her life on her brother’s knee. He seemed to have a great relationship with the child and easily drove her to giggles and babbling.

“I’ll head the obvious point of contention off at the pass before I demonstrate my intentions. You understand I know better than most how...stringent our Father is about our chosen mates. While you are not given power per your station by birthright you are still one of the emperor’s prized sons. He is very invested in who we choose to bond with; preferring matching power and a title. I am no authority in your life to tell you he will not approve of your beautiful new object of affection or her child— only that you should be prepared.” Because if she still got Frown Town over Jophiel who did have the title and the power but came from a rival bloodline? Sune’ere was running in a mindfield wearing cleats if he expected Mesiphidon to approve of a half powered hybrid girl from the mountains.

Daul’s stone like expression broke while watching him play with the infant girl. If only for a moment. It was cute. They were cute. Yes, Daul was capable of seeing ‘cute’.

“Now for why I am here. I want you to accompany me back to Lu’rae. I want you to train as a member of the ALIS Potentiae until you are proficient enough to be my Legatus. I have also contacted the other King in our empire, Konstantine, who holds dominion under Novus Orsa and is charged with our technology division. She is singlehandedly responsible for the new spread of weapons and accoutrements used in our military and GREIL. She is also responsible for the creation of the new flag ships Nona, Morta and Decima. If you still have interest in your crafts it is she you should be learning from. She will accept an apprentice.”

A pause.

“But I warn you even for a King she can be difficult. Not malevolent but she is somewhere between complete naivety and innocence and then unparallelled genius— a sometimes volatile combination.”

Last edited by Daul on Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:36 am

Daul earned a loud Guffaw from her brother. Was his sister finally getting jokes? Oh this was great. He had to tell someone who could appreciate this. Did Fenris have a communicator? He didn't care about the long distance charges. Daul spoke again, about offering opportunity and family business while he kept Odine bouncing. Tutelage had his attention for a moment, but his eye's followed Rose in his shirt and focused on all the features he loved about her, catching the wink just in time. He wasn't sure what that wink was implying, but it certainly brought a blush to his cheek. When she left he would turn back to his sister, not bothering to hide his obvious calm smile and the way he seemed to of melted at her look. Maybe now she knew how she sometimes looked when Jophiel was about.

She spoke about their father, and how he would see things. They had just decided to see if it would work out not thirty minutes ago, and already he was talked to like they had been together for five years. How could she know? For all she knew he'd been having sex every night with Rose and this relationship had been going on a year. Nexxian had put a distance between her and him, and the last place he had been before the battle was Redpointe. None of this registered to Sune, her concern was there and it wasn't without cause. However Sune continued to play with Odine, even if he was frustrated at the proposition of having to leave Rose because of fathers stupid wishes. He spoke calmly and matter of factually. A tone that may of been unique to the blood line Mesiphidon had created. Absolute certainty in his actions despite what anything else said. "I won't let him do to me and Rose what he did to you and Arsius. He might be God-Emperor of Celesin, but that doesn't make him perfect. After all, he's the fool who wed my mother, and tried to make a wife of a damned Shuinsai if you recall." He had Odine's small hands in his own and he started making punch sounds like pow, and such as he moved her hands around. "You're too damn cute. If I wasn't sterile I wish I could have a daughter like you Odine." He smiled sadly at the baby before looking up at Daul with the same look that showed this was a deep and old wound. Older than her by years and years.

Her proposition was heard and he nodded along with it. It was an offer he had been looking forward to. To train with the military. He had wanted originally to be a part of his brothers division, but there was only so far he could move up there. After all wasn't Khooey his Legatus? He may of once wanted to work under Tristam ... no Drustan. But that ship had sailed long ago, when the friend who had broken protocol to let him see his twin one last time died and Drustan appeared. Daul's division was of course one of the more respected and powerful. Joining would give him advantages he could only dream of, and an apprenticeship with Konstantine could be just what he was looking for. "I'll train with you. But I want to discuss it with Rose first. We..." His words broke as he looked down at Odine and smiled. "Daul it's hardly been an hour since we woke up and decided to make this a thing. I can't just run out on her." He hoped that Daul who was in almost the same situation could sympathize with him. He pondered the words about Konstantine and he would smile just a bit. If there was one thing that Rose matched him in, it was her skill at crafting. She had taught the prodigy of Mesiphidon and still had more to teach him about gun and weapon building.

"Daul you humongous oaf." He stood up and bounced Odine on his hip and moved over to his sister. If she was still sitting he would lean down and place a kiss on her cheek. "Why didn't you mention to me earlier their was a crafter of that caliber in Celesin. You know Rose is by and far a much better gunsmith than I could be in the next ten years at least."
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Daul Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:06 pm

The Primoris understood better than he knew what it was like to be hopelessly smitten. Sune’ere and his father both harbored nothing but hatred for her betrothed— Daul quietly worshipped the ground Jophiel walked on. Every time she saw her she was enchanted, enthralled and wanted to do something— anything— to earn one of those rare and prim yet seductive smiles out of her. Not even her blind worship of her father, the empire and her station was enough to dissuade her from Jophiel’s hold. And when they finally wed they would truly be bound to each other. It wasn’t a frightening vision of the future but something she was motivated by. Almost as if she had tunnel vision.

And then Sune’ere had to go and bring up Arsius.

Daul sucked her teeth; a brief flash of guilt crossing her features. She’d been a sweet girl but not the one for her and had, sadly, been a perfect example of puppy love and infatuation taken too far and too fast. Arsius had begun to get frighteningly domestic and imposed a certain calibre in their whirlwind relationship that Daul simply had not been mature enough to handle and could not conceptualize for the long term— and her father’s disapproval had been a driving force alongside the cold feet. She’d broken the poor woman’s heart.

However, Daul did give Sune’ere a flat but irritated look at “trying to make a wife out of a Shuinsai” and huffed; again fielding her family’s distate for her beloved’s bloodline but knowing they had more than legitimate reasons after Ailshyia. Again, no one understood more than she aside from her father— only the man’s true love and the current empress had taken the time to invest in Daul and even didn’t let her escape a few simple and noninvasive procedures that repaired the scars and split eye she’d been gifted by the mentioned horrible woman. Having a face again that wasn’t horrifying had helped to bring the Primoris out of a shell so intense she had spent a wealth of years only speaking to Mesiphidon.

The flash of bitterness almost made her sit on a response to something Sune’ere said to the baby girl that made her knit her brows. Daul screwed her face up— a clear sign he’d really thrown her for a loop. She wasn’t the most expressive member of their family by far. Was he serious? A playfully bothered grunt of acknowledgement when he came to sit beside her, baby and all. A long moment of silence would pass between them after he said his piece, teased her as only a sibling was allowed to she chose her words carefully. His world was about to be rocked considering she was calculating exactly how long he’d possibly been under the impression he was sterile.

“Sune’ere...it does lift my spirit that you accept. We can begin immediately or months from now. The choice is yours. And there are no laws against bringing her with you when you do come to the empire, you understand? I will say at some point the Matron may wonder if the Dra’sen are intentionally poaching her sentinels, of course.” Surely she wasn’t the only one noticing a theme! Perhaps there really was just something about the Redpointe natives and she herself could admit to a past attraction to Khooey. Not that it mattered now. “I hadn’t mentioned Konstantine because she prefers not to be mentioned. She is under constant protective guard by an Alis Dominus and it was her sister, the Shuinsai amongst the Kings and counterpart to our empress that brought her to our father as a boon but under strict conditions. That she be given anything and everything needed to do her work, that she was kept safe and not permitted to leave Novus Orsa without her Dominus escort Nikolai Krause. It would seem she is rather vulnerable for their kind.”

Now Daul chewed her bottom lip and eyed her brother. How would he react?

“Finally, you are no more sterile than I am or Caden is. It is not possible for us to be. We do not come with such defects. You simply have to be instructed how to reproduce. It does not work for us as it does with many others who resemble our kind.” She’d watch his face. “You have to learn how to. Likely from the emperor himself and I will not pretend he won’t be so easy to glean the information from considering the impending disapproval toward your mate but he is not the only Dra`sen in existence who has born heirs. I would inform you if I knew but I’m as ignorant as you. I am too young, he does not yet bless my union with Jophiel. But heirs are in your future, Sune’ere. In both of our futures.”

Daul on a lark reached out and gently tugged one of Odine's springy, pale rose curls. It bounced about and the baby giggled. Gosh, she really was cute.
Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:43 pm

Sune'ere had hit a sore spot, two in fact. He knew bringing up the previous lover, who he'd all but taken a quick and friendly liking to for whatever reason may of hurt her. He hadn't even thought about it when he mentioned father trying to wed a Shuinsai and how that could actually relate right back to Daul. The stare he got certainly took him for a loop. He was as susceptible to judging those people based on the words of his father and those around him who spoke ill of their kind. Maybe it was best not to judge one based on the actions of the others. After all he had worked hand in hand with Kitsuko before and she was nothing if not nice. Jophiel made Daul happy, and had been kind to him in the past. After all she didn't have to let him move his people into town. Even if that mistake had brought fire and ruin to her town. On top of that there was the curious link between his own step-mother and that clan. They were not so far apart in some ways, maybe there could be a peace. He would save judgement of these people as a whole for a case by case basis while he could. Soon enough he may change in his freedom of moral choice for the command of his sister and by extension the emperor.

The look he gave her in response was a creased frown, apologetic but he wouldn't speak it. He felt that she understood the subtext well enough, and his point was clear. Father did not have the best track record when it came to judging people who were worth his time. He listened to Daul speaking of joining her as a Potentiae and possibly her Legatus in time. She seemed understanding of his whole situation. Realizing just what state of the relationship he and Rose were in, she was not here to drag him off but to offer him a position when he wished to take it. Obviously he shouldn't wait too long, else she may actually come back and drag him by the ear. "I'll speak to Rose about it soon enough. I want to give us some time to calm down. I'm sure you understand, how it was when you and Jophiel first decided what you were together?" He actually looked to Daul to see the reaction. He was curious if she had gone through the same thing with the Shuinsai or if their own relationship was different. "Sophonax can be surprisingly understanding. Demanding at times, but she's good people." A slight smirk crossed his lips before he would continue playing with Odine as more of an explanation was given about Konstantine.

Another link to the Shuinsai, this was beginning to become a repeating theme. Infiltration? If he had seen it then Father should of. Was he allowing it? He shook his head at the thought. Maybe their goals weren't all that different. At the dropping of Alis Dominus Sune'ere let out an appreciative whistle. So she was that important? He would be getting the chance to meet her then? He wouldn't deny that he looked forward to the opportunity. "I'll temper my expectations of her. She sounds ... eccentric. I suppose I'll consider myself lucky, I am quite good at dealing with the weird of this world." If she was watching his face when she dropped the next bomb about him not being sterile, but simply his race had a on and off switch he would stare at her in disbelief. Looking between her and the baby on his knee.

He could have a kid of his own one day? It was so much to take in, years and years of self-loathing and wishful thinking. It was a design of their kind. Incapable of producing off spring unless they were deemed worthy of it. Uncle had told him he was effectively sterile. He supposed that wasn't a lie. Now it would be up to him to impress upon a Dra'sin who had sired off spring to teach him. Of course Father was an option, but as Daul mentioned he would be disapproving in his choice. This lit a fire in his belly. Not the kind that would boil out in rage and disgust at the emperor, or at Daul for her words like the last bit had. No this was different, colder, more refined and ... for once he had a goal to achieve. As Daul pulled at Odine's hair Sune'ere looked to her and smiled. The possibility of two females producing offspring was not so weird to him. As he had learned earlier in his trip Rose was in fact the offspring of such a copulation. Most people may of scoffed at Daul's thoughts but they were limiting their scope to the possibilities of the worlds.

"I have lost almost everything Daul. Time and again. My brother, my mother, my homes. So many friends I can't even remember all their names. I'll make Father proud enough of me, to let me have the freedom to choose my own mate. Be they highborn and of noble blood, or a beautiful ranch sentinel, he will not tell me who I can and cannot spend my life with, who I cannot have children with. I don't care if I have to kick his old butt off that throne of his and take command of Celesin itself. I won't be denied my right to love."

Fierce, passionate, determined. These were not words used to describe the young man who came to Redpointe weeks ago. Sune smiled to his sister, down to Odine and back to his sister. "I know I'll be here a while yet. I'll begin training every day between helping with the chores and duties. I still have some yet to learn about weapon making before I can even think to approach Konstantine. I would like it if I could borrow some gear to get to know my role better. Any information will help. I want to become your Legatus sister. I want to make my family proud of me."
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Daul Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:52 am

Daul’s reaction to his bit about Jophiel was knit brows and a shrug; not to mention a defeated sigh.

“Yes, it was difficult in the beginning. I had pursued her with my intentions upfront and our father still seemed somewhat alarmed and disapproving. Even while he had said in front of her that she would have made a superior mate in comparison to Arsius.” That had been one of their stranger days, for certain. Jophiel who was brown as a nut had managed to turn bright red and it had even rendered Daul somewhat sheepish in response. She’d laughed it off. And when it happened, she still hadn’t exactly won Mesiphidon’s blessing for her mate. And yet, he allowed Arcerion to stroll into Lu’Rae and make it clear that a fling wasn’t acceptable: they should be betrothed. And he’d accepted after some convincing from his King wife.

“On that theme of course, take your time. If you have feelings for her it wouldn’t be fair for me to demand you sever contact and flit away to begin training. Take as much time as you need.” She seemed a bit more subdued now— Sune’ere had drug up a few old demons she hadn’t had to deal with for more than a year. Now, she was positively stewing in them.

And now it was he turn to watch him react. And his reaction actually caused a slow grin to spread across her face.

“You remind me of him when you speak like that. And myself. Wanting to make your father proud but also choosing to go your own way. Our father will likely both be impressed by this as much as he would be infuriated by your choices. Every child he has sired has been as headstrong as he himself is wont to be. He could not possibly expect us all to fall in lockstep with his demands as a father even if he has our respect.” And she had a point. Did Mesiphidon really think he could say his spirit wasn’t in his many children when they told him to take a hike on certain expectations? He’d likely done the same in his youth with Dragos.

Now, he asked her for...gear? The Potentiae looked momentarily puzzled; dragging a hand as big as Sune’ere’s (if not slightly larger) through her newly shaped hair and twisting her mouth up.

“Whatever it is you need I suppose I can provide it. But your training doesn’t truly begin until you start in with my Alis. It will be rough in the beginning— but you are a Dra’sin, yet. You’ll likely make fools of your superiors. In fact, I expect you to.”

Now, her attention went back to Odine and mostly because the tot had taken to staring at her again much as she had before giving her a royal beatdown with a squishy toy.. Perhaps children weren’t so bad.

“You have a way with children that brings Khooey to mind. You do want a few rather badly, don’t you? I expect our brother may spring them on us soon enough. I do not know if he understands how to reproduce but our father does approve of Khooey. I heard long ago she may have been the one responsible for shooting him in the arm.”
Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:43 am

Sune'ere was only slightly frustrated. It seemed his own questions out of pure curiosity were still the pokes and prods into wounds. He nodded concerning the statement that she would of made a better choice in mate than the old friend. It was a step up for Daul to be certain, but it also wasn't a ringing endorsement from their father. In fact he was fairly certain he had never once heard a ringing endorsement from his father about anything. When Daul spoke about taking the time that he needed he would nod to her.

"I won't stay so long that you will need to personally collect me. You're welcome to let the others know I'm here if they ever want to speak with me or even spar. Hiding is one thing, but I'm done running." A slight cocky grin was upon his lips as he said that. His self-doubt was gone and his confidence was returning. Whatever the catalyst had been it didn't matter much, the fact that he was once more returning to his old levels of self-confidence was what mattered.

Her next words saying that he reminded her of father when he spoke like that. Headstrong, confident, ready to fight the world if he needed too? Was that what Father sounded like to Daul? Too everyone? Fathers pride and frustration at his own stubbornness and refusal to just accept something he saw as wrong. He supposed he could deal with that when the time came. If it ever did come. He frowned, it was so easy to be head strong but the thought of actually having to face Mesiphidon in combat, even as just a spar was terrifying. He couldn't even come close to besting a single of his hand picked generals. How could he ever hope to compare to the mountain of a man that was his father? The child in his lap brought him back to reality with a cute gaggle of sounds. He smiled again, thought of Odine's mother, and nodded to himself. He wouldn't know where he stood against his father unless he tried.

"I'll take that as a compliment. He can be infuriated with me all he wants. I won't compromise the person I am, for him. I'll sooner lay bloody at his feet instead of bowing to a command which compromises my morals." Sune may not make the best choice for Alis in the end. He held onto his principals like a vice grip. Daul may soon regret the decision to ask him to join her. Or he may be what she needed. Someone not scared of speaking his mind when asked. Who would take a punch to the face and grin if it meant he didn't have to compromise who he was.

The subject of gear and what he'd need to do for training was left more unanswered than he would of liked. He supposed it would be only fair to let him go in fresh and experience everything as a new recruit should. He waved off the request for gear and the like. "You shouldn't sell your own soldiers so short Daul. I'm hardly what some might call an elite. Natural gifts sure, and I can take a hit from time to time. But I lack a lot of close combat experience. Fenris and Drustan both have been able to easily best me the moment I closed quarters with them. If your soldiers take after you, I fully expect to get knocked to the floor more times than you think I will." Already though he was scheming on how to resist such things. Upping his stamina might be one, or creating a defense against powerful strikes. His mind was going a mile a minute in crafting mode, and it showed as his legs were tapping out a light beat. He picked up Odine so as not to bounce her much. When Daul made mention of kids he would sigh, and nod.

"I helped uncle raise at least thirty kids between my travels. Some his, some orphans from jobs we did. I have a lot of experience from baby to pre-teen. Been wanting one of my own since a few years back. When I was dating the human gunsmith. I already knew what uncle had said, but it didn't hurt as much until I had to tell the person I loved I was incapable of giving her children. It hurt, a lot. She left, and I focused on rebuilding my heroes guild. I tried to turn them into my kids." He chuckled a bit at the whole thought of it. He just wanted to lead it seemed. Maybe he wasn't the same conqueror as his father, but he was constantly putting himself into positions of responsibility.

"I'll have to chat with Khooey if she ever comes back around Redpointe while I'm here. Would be good to see if she has some better shooting tips for me before I leave. Would also be good to taste her cooking again." He wondered idly how good Rose was at cooking, and smiled a bit. He would have to ask some day. "I do have a request for you sister."

He waited for him to have his full attention. He stood and held the baby against his shoulder, and spoke with the utmost seriousness that he could muster. His sister was one of the few people who had his utmost respect. "Can you let dad know I wish he would come down and chat more often. I miss his stupid beard." He chuckled before adding in at the end. "Oh also, whenever he wants to do this coming of age thing I was told about, I'm ready. Just give me a time and date."
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum