Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Quiet on the Southern Wall

2 posters

Go down

All Quiet on the Southern Wall Empty All Quiet on the Southern Wall

Post by Sune Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:01 pm

The young man was off in his own world. Looking across the southern desert that was at the edge of Nexxian City. His thoughts wandering endlessly as he contemplated his last job. He was happy for the warmth of the desert, it felt like the cold in his bones would never leave the way things had went. The new Starport had most of his attention, the eye sore of technology that the uncle of the leader of Nexxian had commissioned. Its hustle and bustle had brought thriving trade and more people then the city had likely seen in long years. He would miss the old ways. He missed the simplicity of the days out in the desert. Drinking and chuckling and fighting. He missed the old base of all things and couldn't help but think of all the people that had come and gone in the time since their move.

"Damn Sune, you're thinking like an old man."

He chuckled at the sound of his own voice. The tall white haired Dra'sin in his business clothes. Vest and tie, with a professional and pressed work shirt. Slacks and boots beneath the cuffs of his pant legs. He'd look a proper nobleman if it wasn't for the arsenal he displayed openly on his form. Twin revolvers hung in shoulder holsters. At his hips hung two hand axes, weighted perfectly for him. Upon his wrists two loose strands of red twine were tied, as if to remind him of something. Setting itself against the wall was his long rifle. Complete with scope and runes to match the cousins under his shoulders. He was ready for war if it came. The rest of the guards on the wall could certainly attest to that. He was one of the most stalwart defenders of this city, even if it wasn't his birth place, even if it wasn't his own country. Prince of a distant land, who wished to forget all about his duties.

He pulled a beaten pack of cigarettes from his pocket, and lit one carelessly, and began to inhale the acrid smoke. Hoping to find some solace in this simple and calming act. He nodded to himself, as if he were communing with something else through this act. After all his uncle had said to him before.

"If you ever need to talk and I'm not around, just have a smoke ya little brat."

That was Ferox Garadon for you. Concise and too the point. So while the cigarette lasted he spoke of his worries with his uncle who shared no blood with him. The words unheard by the passing guards. He spoke of his growing worries about his coming of age ceremony. Of the stagnation of his training with his Sister. Of the people that his company had lost to personal differences, and battle fatigue. His Uncle loved to listen, and the responses he got gave the young prince a soft chuckle while he was alone. Uncle always knew the right things to say to make him feel better.
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

All Quiet on the Southern Wall Empty Re: All Quiet on the Southern Wall

Post by War Torn Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:35 pm

{Are you serious?}

Angelo:

"Stick 'em up."

Sune would feel a sudden firm something pressing against the base of his spine and the second he turned his head even the slightest, he'd see Angelo standing there, a 'finger gun' nudging the mentioned part of his spine. Chuckling, Angelo would move the 'gun' to his lips and 'blow' on it before 'holstering' the thing in his pocket within his pocket, along with the other hand.

"Is that the young letcherous princeling Sune'ere of the Ear Empire chuckling yet, somewhat looking serious and feeling it? Here I thought you were a man of consistently revolving Springs, yet here you are with the tone of a serious Fall, imagine that?"

He snorted, found a wall and leaned against it, sighing, turning his head to look out at the starport Sune was, only further, out in the desert. He squinted. As to why he was here, why the hell not? He moved all about Nexxian, he had before he had 'died' and was not intent on giving up such a hobby, especially when a friend was 'involved' in such a thing...at least when he wasnt working or tending to matters but I digress.

"Jokes and puns revolving around seasons, whats on your mind, Sune?"
War Torn
War Torn
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:20 pm

The moment that Angelo touched his finger to Sune's back, the princeling would straighten his back almost painfully so.  He raised both of his hands above his head as if it had been a real gun pressed to his back.  He grinned clenching the butt of the cigarette between his teeth as he took one last puff and spit it out over the wall.  He turned his head and quirked a single brow at Angelo.

"Next time you want to try that gag I suggest actually using a gun.  I'm sure Ed or Eren might fall for that, but I actually know what a gun feels like on my back.". He spun around to face his friend with a grin.  "Of course then we might have a misunderstanding.  Might have to throw you off the wall.  Don't worry I'll tell your lady it was an accident.  Might even consul her myself."

The sudden appearance of his friend and one time boss had actually done wonders for his mood.  He was smiling and leaning up against the wall now.  There were other guards about, they could do without his set of eyes for a bit.  While jokingly Angelo was managing to breach an at least semi-serious subject with him.  Something that hadn't been done in some time.  He'd avoided the others for quite sometime, mostly due to his own depression at watching how the world was changing around him.

"Was just enjoying the view and sharing a smoke with my uncle is all.  I was letting him know that I'd been feeling down.  After all, the city is thriving, my sisters in oddly good moods lately.  I on the other hand have made some really dumb decisions in the past year.  I just wish there was a way to go back to the way things used to be."

That was all there was too it.  He wished that the old days would come back, of danger and excitement and no one knowing who he was.  Of hiding from the family he'd been born to and wanting to make a new one out of friends.  

"So what's new with you Angelo?"
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by War Torn Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:54 pm

{Wall Thrower}

Angelo:

Angelo snorted, head tilting up, eyes narrowing, humored to say the least.

"All the more reason to try then. Plus the sand is pretty chilly this winter, I could go for a few story dive."

He shrugged a little and stood stationary, nodding here and there.

"Havent we all, Sune? I'd like to say I dont agree with you, but I do, on most if not all levels."

He had made some stupid decisions and actions himself. Getting drunker and wallowing, neglecting his duty as a leader and father, and most importantly getting killed. There were others, just as bad or worse, but those for now, were locked up until the right moment and people could be told. None the less Angelo in some aspects knew what Sune was going through. He had been told this and that, read some things to and he could understand completely in his own way, and though he wanted to speak of it, he also felt now, randomly wasnt the right time and he could wait.

"Sillent Sune'ere Zerephan, it has an odd but nice ring to it, dontcha think Sune? Well, I managed to get my lady knocked up again and its a son andddd...well, here we are now. Also if you didnt know; you're invited to my little winter/holiday get together, and you'll be right below Ed in terms of Groomsmen when it comes to me and my ladies wedding...In case that wasnt obvious enough."

A little cheer, though he realized he might of come off a bit like an ass by saying Ed was his best man, not him, but...maybe not? Meh.
War Torn
War Torn
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Sune'ere had to admit at least Angelo's sense of humor hadn't changed much.  He crisscrossed his arms over his chest and chuckled.

"Oh right I forgot falling head first would just be a normal day for you."

He listened to Angelo and took in the way that he stood and seemed to be in thought as well.  He was still getting used to not seeing him with a beer in hand.  Of course he was also still getting used to the fact that he was still alive and was in fact procreating. It was odd to think a year ago he'd mourned this mans death, and now he was talking to him like he nothing had happened.

He was going to keep going on into the specifics of his problems when Angelo dropped the bomb about having a son.  He grinned for a bit and then started laughing in a sad sort of way.  Old memories had a way of surfacing when you least expected them too.

"You're right it does have an odd ring to it.  It's also weird hearing my own name and then Zerephan after it."

He chuckled thinking back to a conversation he and El had over the summer.  Well he supposed there would be a Sune Zerephan now, and Sune imagined that Angelo's own son was having a good chuckle in whatever passed for an afterlife.

"Groomsmen, me?  Really?  Well this should be interesting.  Anyone else coming that I might know, besides Ed and you of course?". He waited patiently to a response concerning the wedding plans.  Great now he had to actually go out and buy gifts.  "So when is this winter get together?  I mean I'll come but don't you dare expect me to be sober."

Well Angelo certainly had a way of brightening his mood that was for damn sure.
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by War Torn Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:18 pm

{I Excel.}

Angelo:

"I've taken so many damn blows it probably would at this point, Sune."

He snorted though like before kept intent eyes on the man before him. The reaction was expected but that chuckle...huh, it seemed appropriate but out of place at the same time to for Angelo, for some reason.

"If you think thats bad, the mother is naming the other after me, I didnt get a say in the matter either."

Hurray for twins! As Angelo and Sune both knew!

"Yes you ya nut. I'm inviting the whole Agency in general...which is just you, me, Ed, and Eren in general, I invited my other boss and my lady agreed to asking the Duchess to attend as a maid of honor. Might invite Khooey to, and I would invite Fenris but I've heard he's on the front with Al in Discordia...which they asked you to go to to, but...thats your decision of course."

He cleared his voice and nodded.

"Outside of those, I still need to find people and stuff. Holding it outside the city, near the former Agency building and my former grave. Figured it'd be like some symbolic shit of the past moving in a positive direction into the future. Got everything set up to, neat little oversized tent and service from the city and shit."

And then the get together...Gods, so busyyyy...

"Sunday is the winter thing. I made gifts for everyone I think is gonna come. I dont expect anyone to be sober, really. I'm going to be the only one there probably not drinking, bud."

He smiled looked off somewhere for a moment, kept the smile one...odd silence.

"...You've been thinking about the past a bit to, I gander?"

Out of nowhere, but our dear Princeling Sune wasnt the only one.
War Torn
War Torn
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Grinned just a little much at Angelo mentioning taking blows.  He cracked his neck from side to side showing off his own bruises from excessive training, as well as some good old fashion fun he'd had at the ranch.  

" Oh c'mon man, you can't keep letting your lady beat up on you."

His jaw dropped a bit when he mentioned twins and would just sigh a little bit.  Turning his face away from Angelo to look out over the desert with a sort of half longing.  Twins huh?  How much worse could their luck get.

" Well hopefully they'll both have better luck as twins then I did with my own.  You do right by them and don't do anything stupid and selfish and get yourself killed again.  You got another chance at life, I doubt life will be that generous to you again.". He just didn't want to see someone who was getting named after him go through the same troubles.  One parent dead and disgraced, another aloof and enigmatic.  Hopefully those two could lead a better life then he and his brother had.

He chuckled a bit at being called a nut.  Of course he was going.  Wouldn't miss an event like this unless he absolutely had too.  Of course mention of those invited certainly got a raised eyebrow from him.

"Your other boss?  So just who else are you getting involved with that you're not going to name them in front of me?"

He shrugged it off though and tried not to look offended that Wngelo may not be able to fully trust him with something.  At the mention of being called away he would nod.  

" Yeah I'm waiting on a package from my uncle.  I was hoping to wait until after my training with Daul was complete, however I suppose we won't get a better chance than this."

He nodded solemnly as Angelo mentioned the past.  How could he not?  A twin with his name, El's own words basically coming true after his own death.  Between what had happened with all the other Zerephan's and his own family it would be a major achievement if anyone in that family turned out even halfway normal.  Hopefully people's names really weren't cursed, or else this kid was triple screwed.

" You know El once told me I'd make a fine Zerephan.  You also know I have a twin, so I suppose it's darkly appropriate.  Just wishing I could go back and fix a few mistakes.". There was more he would of loved to say to his friend, but he was blathering away already as it was.
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by War Torn Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:45 pm

{Pasting Thoughts.}

Angelo:

"Ah, its alright, sometimes the 'beating' isnt actually blows, plus soft hands are nifty, as I am sure you know."

Yowza.

"This I all know, and this I intend to do. I wont lie, the wedlock isnt exactly out of love but...its for the three of them. Merly, Sillent, and...Angelo, they need a damn mother, as I'm convinced all kids do."

It was obvious to see he was gonna have trouble getting used to Angelo 2. Especially since there name,s outside the second were the same. At the mentioned of other boss, he scratched the back of his head.

"I...Recently took up the right hand position which I previously declined from Arcerion. I did it willingly but also out of nervousness, caution and...a watchdog on my family name...I take it that package is really important if you're waiting to train because of it."

Curious but he'd just inquire and let it be if it wasnt directly answered. At the mention of El his face suddenly took an odd turn downward, but not in a mean way, it just frowned in an oddly firm placid sort of way and his gaze drifted from wherever he was looking at to forward. It was an aimless hard gaze at nothing, if that made any sense.

"That sounds like something he'd say, and he would be right, honestly. You dont have to tell or ask me about the twin thing. Not sure if I've ever told anyone but...I'd know about it as personally as any other."

And just as bad if not a very tad bit worse then Sune. He shut his eyes and sighed, that sudden odd firmness about his whole visage dissipating from his person before he tilted his head up to look at Sune.

"I'm gonna try not to preach, but I'mma gone speak regardless; the best to do is...live with those mistakes and try not to let them bog you down. Its hard and sometimes they will, regardless of your memories, but...I guess its remembering the mistakes and always keeping them in mind, that way you never forget and possibly have a window to fix them, as long and hard as that might be, friend."
War Torn
War Torn
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:02 pm

Chuckled a bit with Angelo speaking of how his lady treated him. Well to each their own he supposed, though it seems there were more serious things coming to light concerning Angelo and how he thought about his new children. Sune did however shrug at the mention of every kid needing a mother. He would of liked one sure but he felt that he came out pretty well rounded despite his pwn mothers distinct lack of being alive in his later formative years. Then the name of one of their clients came up and he would just shrug and look away.

"Not like you to go back on your own advice. Must really trust him to do right by you if you're going to be working that closely with him"

He shook his head at the last part. "Not to train that's put on hold until dad can let me do my coming of age ceremony. My uncle is making se necessary power modifications to my gauntlets. The runeing on them has been off since I fought that wolf bitch in the bank over the summer."

Angelo's advice didn't fall on deaf ears. Sune knew npt to regret to much and to learn from his mistakes. And he'd made a terrifying amount of them over his long life span. He nodded politely when it was all said and done before he would look back out over the desert. Just what in the hell was Angelo getting his dumb ass mixed up in anyway.

" Listen Ang, what do you think of the state of Nexxian? This isn't the same town I used to put mu life on the line for. You've lived here longer though, so tell me is what's going on with your other boss and the duchess, is it for the better or not?"

Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by War Torn Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:54 pm

{Am I serene?}

Angelo:

"Thats part of it."

Amongst other things, which might be disclosed later.

"Coming of age huh? Well that sounds interesting. You ever need any help with anything, yer uncle isnt the only one willing to get shit done for you. Though I am sure you already knew it."

He shrugged, figured he might as well throw that out there and such. The next question had him close his eyes. My my, how long had he been expecting this one from someone in general, and even though it was Sune...something told him to hold his words just right, to be safe.

"...I've lived here longer then you think, Sune. Before Nexxian City even existed. Before it was just a City-State, when it was a sprawling country from one mountain side to the next."

He pointed to the little CSA flag on his right shoulder.

"This was that countries flag. The Confederate empire. Some bad shit no one could control happened and...the survivors made this place. I'd know of it some time before actually coming here but...you wanted an answer to your question, not a history answer..."

He looked forward, that hard look forming on his face as his arms suddenly crossed in thought.

"...It was never for the Shuinsais to take, Sune. Not Jophiels, not Arcerion. This place was just fine without them, the choice was to the people, For the people and...When Jophiel came in that all came. It was all on blood and strength and who had the bigger guns, not the choice of the people who worked for a generations span to put this city together...And the worse part of it all?"

He looked at Sune again a strange almost sad look on his face.

"...I feel responsible. I was the one who took up jobs from Arcerion, I was the one that basically lead him to this place. I cant help but feel if I didnt, or I just fibbed more the ruling wouldnt be under there hold...I dont know if you ever could tell, and, well, this might come off as disrespectful sounding towards your family, but what I just said was the reason I always kept Celesins at a long arms length. People will always say their intent isnt to take over or run over peoples lives, especially 'empires' but...well, the Shuinsais just didnt take over, they announced it in the face of Nexxian. Thats what empires and their families do. They move into a functioning state, they establish themselves then they force their rule on it. Dont ever think its not enforced either, the Shuinsais know they have an armada that Nexxian, even with all her forces, could never stand against and now, even though it doesnt look it, they completely have this place under their grip and there is Nothing Nexxian can do about it."

He shut his eyes for a moment after that.

"I guess...I am sincere in my servitude to Arcerion. There are parts of my family I cant control or prevent or always protect. Thats a net in itself but...I dont know. I feel like maybe if I can work at it hard enough, maybe I can get it out of his families clutches and establish it like it was before. I'm not spiteful for what they...well I slightly am, they didnt even steal the office from the other mayor, Jophiel killed him, but, well...to put it bluntly Sune; this place was NEver theres to take or use."

He stood silent after all that, eyes turning to the desert, sighing. Perhaps he said to much, more then he should of.

"On the surface it looks...not so bad admittedly, things Look ok, like nothing could be wrong, but in general? If you look at the history of this place, its past, how it was suddenly ripped from them? And you see the faces of people that were here before the Shuinsais ever knew it existed...Its hard to say if its for better or worse Sune, its just one big I dont fricken know."
War Torn
War Torn
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:16 pm

He nodded appreciating Angelo's honesty with him as well as his offer to help. He could only shrug at that though, as similar as their own combat styles were, he believed they relied on two separate methods to function properly.

"I'll keep it in mind if I ever decide to get me a big honking piece like Grantslayer, but for now, I'll stick with my spell storms." He grinned a bit patting the well worn hilts of his revolvers beneath his shoulders. Then he seemed to open up a can of worms from Angelo, and he would keep himself quiet and nodded where necessary to show that he at least had some knowledge of what was going on, or that he at the very least understood. Not wanting to interrupt Angelo as he spoke of the past and what had happened. After he'd pointed out the confederate flag he would pull out another smoke, light it and take in the taste of it. He pondered over every word and the intent behind Angelo. He was being odd, even for him. He certainly seemed hurt by all of it, that was plain enough for anyone to see. He could understand why, this place had changed so rapidly. The constant attacks had forced more defense building spending. The Star port to the south, while it brought in trade, it had also brought in people from all walks of life, some of which were not exactly the best. Then again Nexxian wasn't exactly the best place to be anyway. The near constant attacks had certainly weathered him, and given him a much bleaker outlook on life then he'd had a year ago. Once Angelo was done speaking of his intent and history lesson he would remove the cigarette from his mouth and clench the butt of it between his pointer and middle finger.

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss." He felt that saying his uncle had said years ago concerning empires and kingdoms really fit well here. When he mentioned Jophiel killing the old mayor he would look away for a moment, and then shrug. It wouldn't do him any good to get on her bad side. His status or birth really didn't protect him here as much as it may of back home. "I think you're taking this a tad too personally. What happens when you kick them out hmm? You going to be the damn mayor huh Angelo?" He jammed his cigarette accusingly near his chest. "You're a dad, and got more on the way. On top of that, you're working for them now. They'd just rule through Proxy. You know damn well someone like Arcerion isn't going to take a betrayal well. Chances are if you even raised your gun at Jophiel, he'd exterminate your entire line. You gonna do that to your kids Angelo?" He sighed listening to his old boss more and couldn't help but shake his head. He wasn't made for this kind of work at all. If his goal was to save Nexxian this way, he was going about it all wrong. Better to fight them and become a martyr for the people to rally behind.

The final words were enough to make him look away and sigh. "How is it not so bad? The people are prospering. Sure works dried up for me and Ed, but we have back up plans. We've repelled more attacks then I can count, from more enemies then I can count. They're rebuilding the infrastructure from the ground up, and encouraging business and growth." He couldn't help but respect Angelo's own position on all this and would sigh and place his free hand on the Confederates shoulder.

"Saying you guess you're sincere, means that you're not. You're using him as much as they're using this city. How does that make you any better? Here's my advice, from someone who knows a bit about how empires work. Get sincere, do what they ask, and they'll reward you with what you want. However if you have no intention of following your orders. I suggest you get off this wall now. You grab your lady, your kids, and you run. You don't stop running until you've forgotten your own names. You change everything, you put Grantslayer in a dead mans hands who looks like you. You don't ever think about Nexxian again. I'll understand, I really would and I'll explain it to the rest." He sighed, starting to smoke again, now he had more problems then he could think of. "The only reason that I say this. If I were my father, and you got that close, and then betrayed me. He'd do the same thing these Shuinsai's would do. He'd hunt you and your line down." It was brutal to say and even think about, but someone had to be truthful with Angelo.
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by War Torn Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:20 pm

{Misheard.}

Angelo:

"If you insist."

In retort to the gun comment. The others came and he shut his eyes, just listening. There were stories he could tell inbetween, lines and all that, certain things but he just stayed very quiet after it all. But instead his eyes simply opened and he looked at Sune, just looked.

"...See you Sunday, Sune."

And with that, abruptly, the Confederate turned and was off from the point he had been standing.
War Torn
War Torn
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sune Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Watched Angelo's lack of reaction to his own heartfelt pleas. He'd always been and would always be honest with the confederate. He waved to him as he left and would place the cigarette back between his lips.

"Storms comin' through again uncle. I could really use your advice.". And so he would stand there looking out, and listening to the advice of Ferox Garadon his uncle. Sometimes you get exactly what you ask for.
Sune
Sune
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down