Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"So glad to see you...I've missed you so much!- So glad its over...I've missed you so much"

2 posters

Go down

"So glad to see you...I've missed you so much!- So glad its over...I've missed you so much" Empty "So glad to see you...I've missed you so much!- So glad its over...I've missed you so much"

Post by Esarhaddon Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:44 am

It was  almost jarring to step away from the emperor even for less than a day. By now she had long since admitted that it wasn’t some dutiful insertion for the priority of her hive’s directives but a true attachment, feelings, love or something akin to it if it did become obvious Kings were not capable of experiencing it— but it was something. Their bond was iron clad, stronger than anything she could have imagined. And it had culminated in the risky executions upon her body which made it possible for the King to carry a child.

Said child, Caybses was due in weeks. Her gestation period had been a little shorter than an average human woman’s; ceding at six months when the fascimile of a woman had finally begun to show. And she understood the child would mature very quickly due to what she was and would likely be fully physically matured within a month. Esarhaddon did lament that she wouldnt have her time with an infant or toddler for very long. There was something alluring about it— dedicating a long amount of one’s time and resources to the rearing of a helpless being and for a long, long stretch of time. And yet what could she expect? She was only “seven” of one measured her age in the standard of this world’s three hundred and fifty four rotations around the sun as most did. But Kings had no childhood, no skinned knees and no puberty. They simply manifested into being; structured in whole once the data was found to be flawless and a pair of their kind was allowed to be thrust onto any one of the worlds harboring intelligent life and a possible threat to the causal light core.

They always came in pairs.

Esarhaddon was considering her strange and unusual reality; being pursued and ultimately chosen as a mate so old it was inconceivable, so powerful that few knew fear until they looked into his white flame eyes and yet she had simply come to this very city on a whim three years ago by invitation from one of this ultimate being’s four horsemen: the Primoris. Fenris had invited her to come to Shad’rae; saying she should meet the emperor who she fancied very much a threat, an overpowered tyrant and demagogue, a false god and a fulcrum of violence for any world he bore influence on. She’d met him and he’d kneeled to kiss her hand. Later, against her prior impression and better judgment— she’d fallen in love with him.

How time distorts things.

It was time eventually to stop mulling over Mesiphido and think of her child. Of course she still loved him and yet a new risk had entered their game: knowing how the being in her belly would function. Would they be Dra’sin or would they be King? Or somehow, impossibly, both? Esarhaddon imagined they would be fully Dra’sin and of the prodigy variant with white hair, immense power and a need to dominate and conquer like most of her husband’s children whether they still vied for his favor or hated him and let themselves become lost on other remote worlds. For Cabyses it was still too earlier to know and it wouldnt be long.

The expanse of Shad’rae was gazed over from one of the highest spires in the desert city; a pale blue and translucent caftan covering the King Empress and blowing about in surprisingly cool winds. When the desert chose to be cold it pulled no punches. The sun was still powerful and yet the season was a rainy one where temperatures at night could fall deep below freezing. Not that the King cared— of all the things which could kill her, cold she could hardly be bothered by was the least of her worries.

It was an empty space meant only for royals and dignitaries; bone white platforms and seating all empty save for her and one nervous attendant dressed all in white with a palladium serving tray carrying repeated drinks for the woman which confused him: Fennel 65’s. Esarhaddon preferred them in the same way Nebuchadnezzar insisted on a ‘Sidecar’ wherever she went. A pristine crystal flute was eased onto the table for her; a sprig of the promised fennel and one flower of star anise moved about the bottom of the flute in perfectly clear, uncolored fluid with a touch of bubble rising from the apex inside the glass. He was nervous— he was serving the empress of the Imperium, after all. The second most important person in a vast sprawl which made up nearly a quarter of a galaxy and they intended to include this strangely valuable world as an asset as soon as possible.

The open air restaurant at the top of the tallest spire had been emptied for her sake. She wanted to be alone...to be pensive. No one dare enter the space save for the steward and upon granting her third Fennel 65 with a sprig of its namesake teetering inside of the glass he hurried away to give her the space and solitude she so wanted. They considered her wrath the same as Mesiphidon’s and yet did not understand she was far more subdued than they understood.

It didnt matter.
Esarhaddon
Esarhaddon
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

"So glad to see you...I've missed you so much!- So glad its over...I've missed you so much" Empty Re: "So glad to see you...I've missed you so much!- So glad its over...I've missed you so much"

Post by Nabonassar Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:27 am

One thing that did matter were her siblings. Some of them felt that they had failed to explain themselves properly in their last encounter with Esarhaddon. One such was Nabonassar. He had been called, by some at least, the Kingliest King of them all. Of course, he might have to fight Nebuchadnezzar for that particular title if she ever heard such a blasphemous thing. And it was Nabonassar, now, who stepped from the silently opened dimensional rift and into the restaurant. He stood casually, with one hand in the pocket of his slacks, the other holding up a ripe, red apple. He swallowed the bite he had taken before stepping through the rift and spoke, “You know, I think i finally understand the human saying that revolves around these. They’re delicious.” He took another bite, chewed and swallowed before tossing it back through the rift and then allowing said rift to close.

Now, due to the nervous nature of Esar’s attendant, that palladium tray may just have gotten dropped with a rather harsh clang followed by a girlish scream of some sort. The King who had just arrived would be utterly unfazed by this, and focused all of his attention on Esar, “Hello, Esar, darling. It’s been too long since we had a visit in the flesh. You’re looking well. Glowing, as the humans say.” He moved toward one of the platforms and took a seat on the throne or whatever one might choose to call it. A fitting space for Nabonassar. He was a King, after all. A throne suited him, just as he could make rags look like the garments of royalty. His eyes swept the chamber, idly looking for others. Specifically Konstantine, who he thought was Esarhaddon’s shadow here in Celesin. He sort of missed the awkward thing they called a fellow King. However, for all anyone knew, the only male King Konstantine had ever been close to was the missing Nazimaruttas.

A shame, really.

He honestly regretted that he wasn’t close with his ostensible cousins, his hivemates. Really, they were all part of the same machine that was keeping watch over the universe. However, these thoughts fell away when he failed to spot the awkward King and returned his gaze to Esar. She really did look the part of the Celesin Empress, he had to say. They all looked royal in some way or another, Nabonassar more so than most, but she seemed to be wearing the mantle more than ever in her pregnancy, “Sorry to intrude, Esar, but I felt just terrible over how our last conversation went and thought i should visit, just to see if you had any unanswered questions for me.”
Nabonassar
Nabonassar
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Alignment : Advisor to the Empress Regent, King

Back to top Go down

"So glad to see you...I've missed you so much!- So glad its over...I've missed you so much" Empty Re: "So glad to see you...I've missed you so much!- So glad its over...I've missed you so much"

Post by Esarhaddon Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:27 am

While Esarhaddon wasn’t startled at all, the server did indeed drop the serving tray. She had felt her brother arrive; a man in expensive and carefully tailored clothing with fur trim and his hair as wavy as her own with a van dyke beard to match. It wouldnt be hard to see at a closer glance that they looked almost exactly the same from their pallor to the unsettling pale shade of their irises. But where Esarhaddon stood only 5’7 and was quite feminine in make, Nabonassar was tall and broad. He cut quite a figure and in some cases could be considered intimidating. No matter how well dressed he was something would stop an observer from ever calling him foppish.

Immediately the server began to stammer; picking up the tray and nervously braying that the Empress had the open air restaurant to herself. He’d stop immediately when the ethereal woman raised her hand to cease his panicked and ultimately useless attempts to eject the other King.

“Leave him be. He is my brother...he is within rights to provide company.” As much as she wanted to be alone and watch over the beautiful expanse of Shad’rae, her hive would always be close to heart— even if those hearts were something they all mutually wanted to tear out of one another.

It seemed to dawn on the server that she wasn’t exaggerating about the relationship as he rapidly looked between them and noted the obvious similarities. Had she been a man, well, she’d have been the very person who’d caused him to drop the tray. Said tray was fetched before it’s weilder delivered a harried apology and escaped the scene to stand clear on the other side of the roof and well out of their way.

Cool and refreshing desert wind blew the translucent sky blue material about her body as Esarhaddon stood; the bulge of her belly standing out in stark relief.

“Glowing? Hrm...well I had thought I was beginning to look homely and out of balance.” Which wasn’t her being coy— she wasn’t like Nebuchadnezzar with the skill of speaking out of both sides of her mouth. She was quite self conscious about being so damned large with life growing inside of her. And it was quite late in the game.

Nabonassar would find himself approached, his hands seized and light, platonic kisses placed on either of his strong cheekbones.

“No need for me to ask any questions. I know what it is you all want. I still have left it to Cabyses. She will reach adulthood, likely, moments after birth. Maybe more time, I am not sure but it is what I have calculated. “I am surprised it would be you and  you alone who came to me after the conference. Then again, I was never so close to Xerxes and hardly know Antiochus or Sennicherib.”

Esarhaddon released his hands and still looked quite obviously as pensive as she had before his arrival. He'd caught her in some sort of a mood for sure.

"I feel very...disconnected from the hive. "

Last edited by Esarhaddon on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Esarhaddon
Esarhaddon
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabonassar Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:39 am

Oh yes, he was quite the striking figure. He and his brother had been called the twin opposites of Nebuchadnezzar and Esarhaddon by so very many of the others. And it was amusing to hear the little thing who had been assigned to wait upon his sister stammer about her wanting to be alone. As if that wasn’t as plain as day. But unbeknownst to her, Nabonassar sometimes felt that Esarhaddon got her way much too often these days. People were calling her Empress and bowing down and crying for her favor. They may call themselves Kings because of the fact that they were all named for ancient kings of old, but they were never truly meant to rule.

Hands seized and kisses upon his cheeks were returned, his lips brushing her cheeks in time with her own, his large hands grasping hers in a gesture that was affectionate and reassuring. After all, he could likely guess at everything that ran through her mind when she was feeling pensive these days. After all, he’d looked at Nebuchadnezzar’s children as closely as he could from a distance, and while Esar was not her sister, the Kings were really almost almost interchangeable, biologically speaking, once gender had been factored in.

His laugh, however, at her words was a deep, melodic thing, “No, darling. No King could be described as ‘homely’, and I rather doubt that I would believe it if someone told me you of all people lost your balance. You look splendid, dear.”

He shifted his weight in the throne and settled himself into a rather royal lounging sort of position, something that spoke volumes of him being at ease with his surroundings and his pregnant sister the Empress, “Well, you should ask me at least one question. And I think Konstantine would have been the one to voice it after you left us. You can’t tell me that she didn’t make you doubt our motives just a little bit.” He smiled at her and reached out, running a hand down her arm, “Really, darling, this is just my way of trying to reassure you that we mean no harm to your little nipper. With both you and Nebuchadnezzar bearing offspring, the mingling of our biologics leaves us in a precarious position. The one where we are left behind in terms of being a power in this universe. We don’t evolve naturally, after all, and while it may seem selfish, if we’re going to keep watch on this universe, we need to stay on top, as it were.” The hand which had gone and touched her remained in contact with her skin, taking up her hand and bringing it to his mouth so he could kiss her knuckles. After that he released her and his other hand came up to smooth out his beard.

“And as for our request, I’m not asking you to change your mind or make the decision for her. Once born, I will speak with Cabyses myself. And you simply must visit me in my new home, as long as there are no tensions between you and. . . What’s her name? That gorgeous little female who rules the neighboring expanse? Ghan-something?”
Nabonassar
Nabonassar
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Esarhaddon Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:29 am

Nabonassar earned a smile at his reassurance. A real one, not some practiced and fake expression meant to disarm or, in some cases, even frighten. Several of them had such confusing masks at their disposal. “Would you believe I have not abandoned heels? I suppose you are correct about balance— I would rue the day someone took them from me.” She even delivered the quip with a wink.

“You know Konstantine well enough. She exists in her own world with her toys. Nebu and I do what we can to protect her as she, while being the eldest of us all— is also the most vulnerable. It was with a begrudging acceptance that she was brought to Lu`rae with me and given anything she needed to build her toys for herself and for this empire. Even my husband has found her a boon and quite productive. And, trust...he is quite difficult to impress.” She paused, realizing something. “I think it may also be because they have some strange similarities in how they see their bottom line and believe the ends justify the means.”

Esarhaddon traipsed from his front and circled around where Nabonassar lounged; placing her hands over the white quartz rail that separated them from oblivion. The desert sands and the rest of the incredible city were so far below the air in the restaurant was a touch thinner. The fabric billowed around her and provided the only sound for a long pause.

“And that-” She spoke after a long moment. “-Is why she said to me it wasn’t so prudent to trust every one of us with curiosity to put their hands on my daughter. The others did leave me with the impression they’d wanted to tear her apart and log her inner machinations without a care in the world if she survived. And to note, not even myself and Mesiphidon are entirely convinced Cabyses will be in any way a King aside from a few cosmetic functions as the Dra’sin structure is incredibly domineering. Or, she may simply emerge another member of our hive gifted with the ability to utilize Magi.” Now, she turned to him. Not meaning to be dramatic but the look on her face communicated her worry.

“And she is growing inside of me, but has found a way to have her...privacy. That should strike you as very strange if not frightening, Nabonassar. Sometimes she speaks to me. Or, perhaps I am imagining it. Is it possible for one of our kind to suffer delusions? I heard her in the Bellatorium...the Primoris had their eyes on me when she spoke and only I could hear her. They must think me insane!”

Now, she left the railing behind and joined him on his seating arrangement whether he liked it or not and without invitation. It was a platonic gesture: sitting close enough to the much taller figure to cant her head to the side and rest it on his shoulder.

“I think it would be nice to see your home. This empire is my home but it has been so long since I have been away. How long would you have me? I imagine it would ground me...and my husband is a jealous man but not so blinded by it that he should see a threat from my own flesh and blood.” And she snorted at the last bit. The “flesh” and “blood” of Kings was a simulated lie fashioned from neutrinos, after all. "But he is sweeter than he knows..."
Esarhaddon
Esarhaddon
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabonassar Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:55 am

Nabonassar chuckled softly at Esar’s little quip about her heels, “How vain of you, sister, dear. I adore it.” He nodded along to her explanation of Konstantine’s situation, “Yes, I know what you mean. The creation of our race had a slight stutter at the beginning, if you don’t mind me saying so. I love Konstantine dearly, as I love the rest of you, but she is a bit innocent. Well, allow me to say thank you on behalf of the rest of the hive for taking care of our eldest sister, whether she wished it or not. She may never admit it, but she does need you.” As if this creature, so vain and proud, understood love. He understood it in the scientific sense, of course, but he had never experienced it for himself. But he could not yet say he understood love from the standpoint from which Esar might say such a thing.

His deep laugh rang out at her views of the last hive meeting, “That’s our family, darling. As unsubtle as always. We are one of the most powerful species in this universe, Esarhaddon. Do you not think there is some way in which we might study that darling child of yours without harming her in the slightest?” He smirked slightly, “You know, I sometimes feel like I’m going to be her favorite uncle, and that she might come and visit me just because she misses my rather unique company.” He chuckled, then looked at her, “But however this child does turn out, whether King or Dra’sin, it is important to note that the smallest clue in her DNA might provide the largest revelations for our race. Who knows, perhaps one day we will all be mommies and daddies with our own children and happy families.”

Now was the time to address the more alarming of her concerns, however. He cast all joking aside and became more serious, “An intelligence far beyond the normal for a fetus. I suspect that would be the King within her. Our intellects are quite formidable, after all. And coupled with her Dra’sin heritage and the physical link she shares with you, I suppose it is quite possible for her to have figured out how to communicate with you. Your alarm is well-deserved, yes, but let us not begin seeing ghouls where there are none. After all, my sweet, darling niece is the first of her kind. Who knows what gifts she may possess?”

And that was when she cozied up to him.

He couldn’t help the small smile that spread across his lips and he wrapped an arm loosely about her, “Dear, dear Esar. You are welcome for as long as you so choose. And if Cabyses is amongst us as that time, she is more than welcome as well. I haven’t got the place set up of course, but still. Perhaps I’ll have a house-warming party and invite all the neighbors.” He winked. He knew full well the situation here, with Black Sun, Celesin and Dorian all eyeing each other like the others were starving wolves. It would be entertaining to say the least.

He suddenly looked thoughtful for a moment, “Hmm. perhaps I ought to pay Nebuchadnezzar a visit as well. It’s been too long since I’ve seen her as well. She needs a man in her life, I think, now that her babies are grown.” He chuckled. An odd statement, and one that he never thought would pass his lips.
Nabonassar
Nabonassar
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Esarhaddon Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:46 am

“Me, vain? How absurd.” She’d say. Obviously Esarhaddon was being more than facetious. All of the Kings were vain about their appearance save for Konstantine, Asurnararri and perhaps Antiochus. None put much stock into their appearance and yet seemed far more invested in displaying their superior abilities in being clever and inventive.

Or, perhaps Asurnarrari had changed— no one had seen Konstantine’s equivalent in years. They still felt her, but knew she had gone far north on another world connected to the Sanctum and cared not for the rest of the hive. Instead, she worked for an ‘Ouroboros Corporation’ connected to a cabal which only she herself, Esarhaddon, was familiar with.

As Nabonassar began speaking on the child again and being a favorite uncle he’d find her smiling but putting a hand over her belly. Either it was simply association with mentioning Cabyses and the swell of her belly or it was a subconscious gesture of protection. Esarhaddon could not seemingly help herself— she was already building a wall between herself and all others without much legitimate reason to be distrustful and overprotective. The Empress was extremely powerful in her own right while also being more than well protected.

“No ghouls then. But that does not mean I intend to sign off on some sort of free-for-all. You know as well as I do that even in our hive you give but one inch and they will take several miles. Cabyses herself will understand it soon enough...or she will know what I will from the moment of her inception.” Esarhaddon had brought her Fennel65 with her and took a sip of it before pausing. “Would you like one? Or anything? You ejected the soul right out of that poor, unsuspecting server. But this city is as much mine as it is the empires. Order anything you’d like.” They were Kings after all. A fitting double entendre for their kind.

The empress snorted and laughed into her glass after tugging the drink’s garnish away; the sprig of fresh fennel immediately carried away by the desert’s mild windstorm in a completely parallel direction. Another amused sound into the drink when he mentioned the Black Sun.

“...Aren’t any of us there, Nassar?” She’d ask; turning to look at him with an inquisitive expression. “Someone should attend to the desert rose before it is crushed under my husband’s boot. It is our duty after all and it will not be long before the inevitable happens and the doll-like empress will trust not one member of our collective. Not when she would recognize my face in all of you.” For the time being they had only met the one time. It was a perfect hour.

“You’ve had enough parties in your life, darling. It is time you did some work. You should go there and curry that bitter woman-child’s favor.” Ouch. Someone didn’t think too highly of the small empire’s “Infernal majesty”.

“She is a tough nut to crack, I’m sure. I do not think any of the others have charm like you do. So you receive my faith.”
Esarhaddon
Esarhaddon
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabonassar Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:42 am

It was with massive dignity that he brushed off Esarhaddon’s comment about being vain. He was guilty as much as the rest of them, if not more so with his beard. He instead waved off her offer of a drink and smiled at her, “Darling Esarhaddon. That is why you make it clear that should Cabyses be willing to be studied, I would be in charge. I am a natural leader, you know. And should there be some kind of slip or misappropriation of resources, I’m just across the way, darling. You’ll know right where you can get your hands on me.” He chuckled at his own little joke.” He reached out and placed his hand over Esar’s on her abdomen, “No harm will come to this child while I watch over her. If you should agree, that is. But nevertheless, that would be my promise to you.”

An arch brow was given at her laughter over the Empress of Black Sun, “You’ve met, I take it. And I resent that, you know. One can never have too many parties. After all, how am I to show off the opulence of my new home if not with a party?” He smirked a little, leaning closer to whisper, “Honestly, I just love to wear those. . . smoking jackets that humans invented and act superior. It seems like the thing to do most of the time.”

However it was with a reluctant sigh that he ceded the point, “You’re right, I suppose. Though I really thought one of the others would have dipped their grimy fingers into Black Sun’s pool. My darling brother, even. Yes alas, I am forced to actually fulfill my role as a watcher of the universe and a manager of empires.” Frankly, he was nearly perfect for the job. The only real thing he lacked was humility. However, if the meeting between Ghanima and Esar had gone as badly as he thought it might have, well, it would going to take a lot to get her to trust him.

He reached up with his free hand and stroked his beard lightly, “You know, with so much reproduction taking place within our hive, do you think it might be possible for me to accomplish such a thing? Perhaps I should attempt this with the Empress.” He grinned a little, “And then perhaps I might become an Emperor as well as a King.” But in his own mind, he was King of all around him anyway, so what did mortal titles mean to him? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He did not doubt the idea that he could cast down an Emperor or Empress. The Hive would back his play, he felt, if he said that someone was getting too big for their britches.
Nabonassar
Nabonassar
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Esarhaddon Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:42 am

“Hn...aren’t we all natural leaders in some way? I ended up an Empress, after all.” While she worded it as if she’d simply managed to climb the highest mountain and conquer it the King was only being cheeky. She and the others knew fully well she’d been pursued by Mesiphidon and very suddenly; without any warning or preceding behavior that even her kind could have picked up on. In less flowery language he had blindsided her; coming out of left field to court the woman who’d simply been dropped into one of his kingdoms a few years ago and by Fenris’ hand, no less. A true whirlwind romance...and her first love.

Then she went and married a supposed tyrant that every crowned head on this planet and many others feared and loathed. Esarhaddon’s life had changed so much since the first time she’d set a heel down on the sands all in white…

“Alright, you promise to protect my daughter and your word is now bond. You and I both understand our beloved siblings can be a pit of vipers, here and there.” And it was strange— while she was obviously the closest with her true half Nebuchadnezzar she trusted the Dorian empire and the Shuinsai family she called blood less than any other allegiance the Kings had tangled themselves in. Above all things she did not want any access gifted toward Emperor Vileur-Shuinsai and his soon to be very bitter wretches. Especially not with what loomed over the horizon…

“...And goodness, no smoking jackets. They are dated, absurd and you’re handsome enough in a tailored three piece.” Passive or not she was always as forward as Nebu was when it came to anything appearance related. Not that Nabonassar couldnt make it look good but these days the only quality smoking jackets were vintage and they all resembled some grandmother’s bathrobe.

Esarhaddon consulted the rest of her Fennel65 and put the glass aside if just to stare at Nabonassar in his pompous lust for the tiny, doll-like empress and then erupt in a full throated laugh. It would take her quite a moment to gather herself again before she could speak to him; even having to hit him softly once on the top of his thigh.

“Oh goodness, do not go to that empire with the intentions of seducing the imperial widow. For the sake of your always bad behavior and lasciviousness, she is already quite possibly spoken for again. There is a former Dorian emissary and warlord who has given up his allegiance and signed his soul to that woman. And he is about twice your height. Alas, you will not have her hand for any moonlit dances in her hanging garden but the awkward displays you are in for will be more than entertaining enough to make up for it.” She had to wipe her eyes after; the kohl around them remaining perfect.

“It is a shame though. You and she would make a much more aesthetically pleasing arrangement. Only a blind woman would say otherwise. Ah, my beautiful brother.” And like a doting out she reached out to pinch his curling mustache— perfectly arranged and managing not to look absurd on him when it would have been clown like on anyone else.

But above all the Kings were all beautiful. Fertile? Not so much. It took some interesting science and breaking all sorts of laws of balance to let them bring life into the world. But there were ways, and that was what Esarhaddon told him.

"Where there is a will, there is a way. You'd need a willing mother first."
Esarhaddon
Esarhaddon
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabonassar Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:31 am

The laugh he gave started deep in his chest and when it was over, he spoke these words, “True enough, sweet sister.” He left it unsaid that all of them knew it was because she had been pursued. A little sacrifice for her illusions. However he turned a corner into seriousness as he bowed his head and patted one of her hands, “Of course, darling. After all, your child’s favorite uncle wouldn’t stay her favorite if he let her get hurt.” He smirked. Obviously being Cabyses’ favorite relative was quite important to him. Mostly because he wanted to know what it felt like, as he had never been anyone’s favorite anything.

He suddenly pouted, however, when she told him no smoking jackets, “But sweet sister, I need someone in which to smoke my pipe. Besides, you think my mind could not come up with something tasteful and aesthetically pleasing to look at? Vanity runs in the family, darling, and I wouldn’t wear anything that I didn’t look good in.” She said it herself just moment later when talking about how he and Ghanima would look together. He was a rather beautiful being. One who could make anything, and probably anyone, look good.

Her reaction to his suggestion that he mate with the Empress of Black Sun made him smirk, and when she finished speaking on the subject, it turned into a full-blown grin, “Who cares about height, darling? All that really matters is if he has power. And if not, it’s only a small matter to dispose of his carcass.” A small wink. So basically, his response to Esar’s ‘She has a boyfriend’ was ‘So?’ It was his attitude when being told about anything he couldn’t have, really

He managed not to reach up and touch his moustache after she pinched it, though it was hard, and he arched a brow as she began to spill her secrets on how she became pregnant, “Oh-ho! And now it all comes tumbling out! How you managed the miraculous state you’re in! Well, fear not, darling, I’d not tell the others even if you told me to. But that is for another time. Your visit, perhaps. As it stands, I should probably be getting along to Black Sun before the girl’s spies tell her there’s a second King in Celesin and she gets jealous.” He winked, then leaned over to brush his lips across both her cheeks before standing, “Any last minute advice, sweet sister?”
Nabonassar
Nabonassar
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Esarhaddon Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:17 am

Esarhaddon smiled wide; deep plum lipstick still perfect and never touching her teeth. Such otherworldly little efforts toward beauty added up into a seemingly mindless perfection that drove some to fixate on her; always trying to figure out how she did it.

The answer was likely as simple as a good setting spray— but they didn't need to know that.

“Oh, you are her favorite uncle now? To one not yet born?” The Empress-King laughed and finally waved over the server from earlier. He’d kept his distance clear across the rooftop restaurant; nervously eying both Kings and seemingly put off by their presence. Some knew all about them by hearsay and understood what they were capable of. Others simple were unsettled by certain qualities about them: the way they spoke, how they all seemed to be identical or fraternal twins or went still in a way that made them not unlike statutes...not to mention the eyes in any state.

“You will not get far with pre made plans to dispatch him, Nabonassar. Don’t be rude!” Esarhaddon passed her glasses to the server and made it clear they were both no longer in need of his services. There was no need to give him any tip as his work was not undervalued in the Imperium so much as to require pennies on the credit from customers.

“For all you know you might become confidants with him...and that is my secret, brother. I had a will and there was a way.” Now it was her turn to wink. “You understand once you are ready, well and truly, I’ll assist you. Until then you are chomping at the bit as they say..and you’ve got your job as an uncle, first.”

Now, she rose from the seat he’d claimed which she’d imposed herself on and stood; taking both of the much taller King’s hands— also larger in her own.

“Yes, my last minute advice is that while these people are no more powerful to us as an insect is to a boot it is not our custom to cause strife in other empires. Learn them, respect their customs, charm the Empress and develop a close relationship with her. A platonic one.” She couldnt help but smile again at her last enunciation. “She’s very pretty. Don’t slip up.” Spoken with a laugh upon delivery.

“You should pay special attention to the order of high sorceresses in the empire. They’re rather like the ‘Church’ and can have nearly as much sway and power as the Crowned Head. The Black Sun is heavy with ideology and as such it is dangerous— collectively, the ‘Orda Orientis’, of which Empress Ghanima is also a member and a “Pythoness” is as dangerous as one or two of us can be. You be the watchful eye, the confidant, the advisor. Gain her trust and her ear. Sway them toward a route of cooperation…”
Esarhaddon
Esarhaddon
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabonassar Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:06 am

The grin that spread over his face was one of pure cheek, as they say, “I’m confident in that particular outcome. She may not have arrived just yet, but I’m sure she will like me best, darling.” He winked, and then nearly burst out laughing as she went with the advice of ‘the path of least resistance’. However, he contained himself, and responded, “Of course dear. And I will welcome your help on that day. However, until then, I think I’ll keep that aspect of my existence to myself.” He winked again. Well, it wasn’t all bad. Really the only thing she would be missing out on were the steamy stories he could tell her.

And now the conversation took a more serious, if not heavier, turn.

He smirked, “Platonic relationships with women outside the hive are boring, dear. Are you quite sure I couldn’t. . . you know? Just a little?” He chuckled softly, “Don’t worry, Esar, I’ll be a perfect gentleman. You have nothing to fear on that front.”

However, her next insights caused him a bit of disquiet, and when she had finished speaking he arched a brow, “Why do I get the feeling that I am off to pacify the neighbors so that the road to conquest for your husband is that much easier?” He shook his head, “No, don’t respond, dear. I’m quite sure that I don’t know your husband as well as you do, and I am quite sure that you would never speak falsehoods to my face in this way.”

He leaned down and kissed both her cheeks lightly, brushing one and then the other, a dimensional rift yawning open behind him as he did so, “Thank you for the advice, darling. I’ll send you a message when my home is ready, should you truly wish to come and stay with me for a while. And bring Konstantine if you like. She could use a day or two off, I think.” He released her hands and stepped back into the rift, letting it close behind him.
Nabonassar
Nabonassar
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum