Sanctum Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casual Politics

3 posters

Go down

Casual Politics Empty Casual Politics

Post by Fenris Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Fenris of Olfwood oversaw the familiar shape of the ancient floating city from his shuttle. Falling under the jurisdiction of dusk casted the area in a hue of bronze vermillion. He always admired how the city looked at sun-set, it had perhaps even more character than Lu'Rae though Fenris suspected it was the more exotic architecture that added to its charm. The ship landed in the sky-port after dealing with the red-tape of landing, and Fenris left the pilot and support-crew flanked by two Ultonis on either side of him for the sake of security. His six-foot frame with mixed hair moving with a bit of purpose adding to his presence.

He was clad in the ivory silver trimmed cloak of his station, and he had come for reasons that were his own, but he found himself wanting to check upon the nation which had remained quiet during the past few months with the advent of Nexxian city. There were updates to get, and he would probably have to speak to Ghanima about the current way the political wind was blowing. He had grown a bit fond of the place if not all the people who were foreign and strange to him.

He had sent word of his arrival beforehand and perhaps would have some sort of greeting. He expected to see Herzog whom he had met several times before and whome he seemed to be able to get a long with, aside from the Empress. He knew Celesin was not always well liked in the lands of the Black-Sun which was why he knew Ghanima might send someone of "moderate" temperament to greet him. Him and his small group of body-guards would make their way onto the platform and towards the reception-lobby of the port unless greeted before hand. He was as always vigilant however.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Casual Politics Empty Re: Casual Politics

Post by Daul Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:23 am

//Herzog// was in the Apothecary. Ever since returning from her brief visit the Edge Outpost a month back she had been thinking of the herbalist she'd met. A nice young woman who'd compared her craft with that of the OTO acolyte's. It had been a fascinating time right along with getting to know the Primoris Ultonis a bit more, learning about the Celesin Imperium and wondering where her own nation's allegiances were with them. Herzog had considered asking the Empress and knew that such sensitive political topics would not be taken well. As for her son, well, he had rapidly aged as predicted and was now a man (meaning the Order had been very successful in their endeavors and, unknown to them, with help from the true Ifrit and Maarid) and yet he could still hardly pay attention to her questions. She was supposed to be his tutor while he was nearly a saet taller than she was. How ludicrous.
        Thus, she'd put her curiosity away and busied herself learning about the old herbal arts of Maur and the Ides of Light as per legend. Yet just when she'd fumbled a glass corked jar of Rosmarinus officinalis and broke it upon the floor did the brown skinned girl remember that her acquaintance and rumored gentleman friend by the other Order Acolytes (she turned a bit red even through her skin tone and dusting of freckles) was to arrive within moments.
          Herzog left the apothecary and took the lift down to the mezzanine floor; the moving chamber occupied as usual with two of the royal guard in their blue and black uniforms with silver moon medallions and chains pinned to their turbans and their khopesh staffs gleaming in the dimmed, natural light that shone through the walls of the Zigurrat. They watched her with puzzled expressions as she adjusted her gossamer black silks, the dusky arm bands, the ringlets in her coils of long and ruddy copper hair. Maroon henna adorned her entire body up to the jawline in intricate designs  and her single sleeve showed off a long, elegant and unblemished neck.
           Too bad for all of her haughtiness her rust colored eyes were a touch too wide. The Acolyte exited the lift a bit too quickly, caught herself and would enter the mezzanine where Fenris, the man in question was flanked by his men....the Alis. Alis Ultonis, right? Of course-- she'd filed away all of the information he'd given her about his fascinating allegiances and remembered all the fine details.
         "Septe Fenris of Olfwood and Celesin! Or, I forget...do we address you as Primoris as a title?" As per Black Sun tradition both hands were held out palms upward as a sign of goodwill that was perfectly gender neutral. usually, the other person took their hands in much the same manner for an upside down and gentle grasp. Whatever he chose to do would no doubt be appropriate enough. "My apologies I did not meet you in the landing level. I was studying." Which was, of course, what the young woman seemed to always be doing if she wasn't sleeping. She took it as serious as he did his bladecraft.
Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Alignment : Celesin Imperium

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:53 am

Fenris came upon the Ordo Acolyte, or whatever title Herzog currently held. Unlike her, the Ultonis did not put much stock into formalities, something that separated him starkly from the traditional culture of the Black Sun Empire. He took a moment to admire the exotic beauty of Herzog. Her copper hair, chestnut skin, and wide-set eyes a contrast from the typical appearance of many women even in the diverse realms of the Nexxus.

"Fenris is fine, aren't we friends by now?" he asked with a slightly matter of fact tone accompanied by the smallest of grins. Herzog was easily disrupted or put off by a bold presence from what he remembered, a quality she shared with Khooey ironically or perhaps UN-ironically enough.It seemed he had been putting in a bit of his own study and he responded to her greeting as was expected within the precedent as he looked upon the short darker woman.

He adjusted dark and light bangs from his bright brown eyes, his hair a mixture of brown, red, blonde, and black in some places contrasting with his olive tone as his six foot frame adjusted after the initial greeting though he made it a point to be very meticulous in his execution of the greeting, almost suggestive but only the most subtle of ways, only discernible by the extremely astute, or perhaps acknowledged intuitively by the Ordo.

He looked back at the Alis-Ultonis before him and made a gesture with his head. He was dismissing them, but they would not move too far from his proximity, but he did not really enjoy having them hover over him in such close proximity. "Before we get down to business can we get something to eat? I've been craving your cultural cuisines of late..."

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Daul Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:31 am

//Herzog// - She tilted her skull a bit. Friends, he'd said? How wonderful! The girl beamed and nodded her head at him. 'Friend' took on a whole new meaning in her culture and even that of the entire Empire. It was far more than those who were simply acquainted as it tended to be about the Nexxus. He'd done her quite an honor-- a person of such high stature even not native to her fief was something of note. An acolyte was hardly worthy of such things and she would make note to inform her confidants.
         'Yes, we can be "friends"! I should like that very much.' she'd say; retracting her hands once he chose to engage them anyway he found proper and tucked them into her folds of silk, sheer tulle and embroidered satine. 'And, ah, I see you are not here to seek audience with the Empress Regeant or her her holy son? Puzzling, but, I shall see you are fed, P-...Fenris. Please, come with me.'
          Herzog lead him, instead, out of the ziggurat once he had commanded his Alis Ultonis to fall back. All the while she felt so very 'on the level' as she recognized at least two of their faces from the outpost. Down the stepped from of the enormous black pyramid they went and past the greenspace that separated the holy construct from the general bustle of the empire's capitol. Past a detail of Maur Prima's Finest, including funny looks toward the foreigner who could have passed for native and yet dressed in a completely alien way, they would enter the center of the city.
           Large, pilot lacking rickshaws floated by them along with small private air frigates as they descended another set of stepped and soon enough found themselves crowded with bodies within the small bazaar the capitol boasted. Spice permeated the air, performers danced with mesmerizing weapons only meant for dance in the obsidian streets and over the horizon of Maur Prima the sky stretched on forever. Beneath them, they appeared to be hovering over the main continent's desert region: Konstar. For once, the Black Sun's capitol dominated it's own skies. Eventually, they'd cut through the fragrant hustle and bustle and would duck between lush velvet curtains into a small, mostly empty restaurant with a floor littered with plush cushions, low seated tables for kneeling guests and the scent of myrrh.
          'My distant cousins own this place. The fair here will be more flavorful than what is offered inside of the Ziggurat. You do not mind...eating like a commoner, do you?' Surely, Herzog didn't. A man in a damask vest, harem style pants and a silk fez joined them and immediately burdened the pair with peppermint tea. Just after, Herzog couldn't contain herself once she remembered a question she'd meant to ask. Her question seemed useless, too-- she'd seen him cook for his militants and knew he wouldn't mind at all. The man was an enigma when it came to what she, personally, knew about the upper class and elite.
             'I saw a very tall wo...man. Male, perhaps. Or not. They wore a similar garb as yours? A white cape and the sigil 'pon your breast. Who was that? How many 'Primoris' are there?' Seems she was poised to wring him of knowledge, again.
Daul
Daul
Casual practictioner
Casual practictioner

Alignment : Celesin Imperium

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Fenris watched as the young acolyte seemed to be overtaken by a small sense of awe and pride at being designated as a "friend". She seemed so innocent and he knew her and Khooey would probably get along swimmingly. Perhaps somewhere in the deepest recesses of the djinn-physiology they were distantly related somehow. "Well the reasons for my visit are far from urgent, though I would like to speak to the Empress, I did not deem it necessary to ask for an audience over such trivial matters, but I do think it would be prudent to refresh our understandings." he said simply. "I would like it communicated to the Empress that an audience is desired, but she is free to do so at her discretion."

Even despite her cheerful demeanor Fenris thought he saw the most subtle of inklings to something more than simple bubbly innocence. For all intents and purposes she seemed little more than a glorified liaison however there was something in her demeanor. He knew she was the curious sort, but perhaps there were other motivations to this insatiable interest in high-affairs, he felt there was a sense of ambition in her that was kept so well hidden even she might not be fully aware of it, but this was mere conjecture at the moment. He also thought he saw potential for mischief in her if such a thing was nurtured. If she could hone her ways, she might be truly formidable some day if she was not so already. In the back of his mind he entertained the notion that he did not want to be dismissive of her, or take that her persona for granted.

As they traversed down the street, the guards with their pole-mounted Khopesh were studied even as he was, albeit far more briefly. He also noticed they were traveling over Konstarri territory. He wondered if anything more had come from the treacherous house, they had gone all but quiet which was either disconcerting or suggested that Ghanima had been far less lenient in her dealings with them than Fenris had initially suspected, even so the fact they had simply stopped their activities either suggested Ghanima had either cut out the cancer, or they were biding time, at least they were not shelling The Ziggurat from below though such a thing would be the height of folly anyway.

As they arrived and she asked that question he gave her a coy smile as he watched her with an appraising gaze and a slight cock of his head. "Had I known perhaps I would have came out of uniform." he said simply as the waiter fussed over them immediately. He partook of the peppermint tea and thanked the male giving him a tip for his initiative that was probably double the sum he got from a typical nights work. Herzogs insatiable curiosity came to the forefront again as she asked about his comrade. "That is Daul, she is the adopted daughter of the Emperor." he told her. "There are Four Primoris, Me the Ultonis, Daul the Potentate, Caden the Fulminis, and Tristam the Ignis." he told her as he looked at the menu. He wanted Hummus that was certain. "Tell me of your family Miss Herzog." he said almost absently as he decided on what he would order and looked back at her intently, dark brows slightly raised in casual expectation.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:41 pm

"I could certainly make sure that your request for an audience is heard. Yes, that is what friends do, isn't it?" Herzog gave a sweet smile and sipped the tea they'd been brought. "Your uniform will only earn you respect here. It is a high honor to be in a military here. Even for foreigners." Seems the Black Sun wasn't without a bit of nationalism it seemed, but, every diamond had a flaw right?

The tea was put aside as she listened to him tell her about this "Daul" and the other Primoris. "So there are four of you, then? All of these your brothers in arms?" The Acolyte needed no menu and spoke to the man in a rapid, lilting dialect that seemed to amuse him greatly. His deep brown eyes positively lit up with joy before he responded. The man looked nothing like her if Fenris began to wonder if he was a native of where she was from or a relative. Truth was that Herzog spoke almost every single language and dialect in the continental Black Sun with expertise. That was just one small facet of the training the Ordo were subjected to as soon as they took their first steps as babes.

"My family? To be honest, Fenris, I do not know them very well." She said this just as the man returned with spiced hummus and cashews, naan style bread, sauces and lightly grilled and spiced meats for them to pinch and dip-- all a prerequisite to the actual meal they'd soon share. Separate meals were not much of a thing outside of the very high brass in the empire and dinner was a shared affair. "I remember my mother who was also an Ordo. She is now Obelisq; preserved forever to protect the Maur bloodline." Which, in less casual terms meant she was one of those undead doll things that Fenris and others had no doubt seen before.

"I suppose my family is the Order. We call each other sister. It is there faces in my memories the most. I know that I have four brothers in Iisa, my father is an honored dignitary. Our line is that of the scholars. Beyond that I am sorry...I do not know much. So...what are the duties of a Primoris?"

Last edited by Herzog on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Fenris tilted his head at her for a moment, dark gaze overlooking her for a brief instance, as he savored not having to think about survival or killing for a change. It was a strange restless, almost guilty feeling to simply be at ease for him. "It has not always garnered respect, but many times during those instances I was out of uniform. I do not see myself as any better or different from most save for my skill-set which I realize is in a tedious over-abundance in these realms.. However I can take pride at excelling at a highly competetive industry no?" he asked coyly with a slight smile as he took a sip of that tea.

"Some of us are closer than others... I am on the best terms with Daul, probably because we are both uncomfortable with societal roles... I am on good terms with Caden he got me out of an embarassing pinch once... I have only passing aquaintenceship with Drustam." he told her as he leaned back a bit and fumbled in his belt for his pipe contemplating it. He looked at the meat with a glint of appreciation in his eyes, and did all sorts of unheard of things like dipping the meat in the hummus, and seeking to try different combinations of food at once in ways that were perhaps not traditional. He did this all meticulously as if testing to find the spot that allowed the most satisfaction.

"I have a passing knowledge of the Ordo from my briefings and studies, the Obelisks I am not sure if I have heard of... I think... Yes I remember... something once..." he was referring to the time she had messed with shadow to avoid prying-eyes, something she had told him not too mention, so he did not. But he felt she might remember the occasion since she had been slightly squeamish at its performance. "So you are of a scholastic legacy..." he said while his head tilted briefly again. "I can see that... You seem to have a natural curiousity." he said non-chalantly before taking a piece of one of those meats in his mouth moving to dip them into various things that were probably not "common" as if testing the combination of each mixture of flavors to find the best one, even including the hummus which he seemed to especially enjoy.

"The duties of a Primoris vary by our interests but we are all tasked with governing large regions and territories as well as maintaining the Empires interests both domestically and abroad in whatever manner our skill-set allows us to do so." he said simply. "We are given a fair amount of initiative due to the fact the Emperor cannot be bothered to micro-manage such vast territories, we are free to pursue our own interpretations of the Empires interests provided they do not contradict the Imperiums actual interests." he told her. "Essentially we handle military affairs primarily, but also must deal with diplomatic policy, and bureaucracy, but the diplomatic policy has its perks sometimes..." he said turning his gaze back to her as he did so with a small grin and an intent look upon her face.

"I am glad you brought me here, the food is quite good and so is the service, perhaps I should ask to help sponsor their business." he mused before taking another sip of that tea. He leaned slightly closer. "So what catches your interest Miss Herzog?" he asked.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:06 pm

"So that is a Primoris?" she had to finally ask. From what he'd revealed they were generals or diplomats and also elite champions? What a jumble of duties! Of course, she had to inquire, but, he had asked something else of her. Herzog had never been asked to speak about herself before. So few were interested in the happenings of Ordo acolytes and true priestesses.  They either assumed they already knew or felt that an Ordo's time was sacrosanct and it was taboo to inquire unless one was directly involved or upper crust enough to dare.

"My...interests? I, ah." More time to think. Was all to do with her training her interests? Fenris already knew about that. But what was she interested in, personally?

"The world. I mean, not to oversimplify, Sirra. My interests are the world. I do wish to be an Ordo but not confined to the Zigurrat only to be free once I give my body over to the Odelisks." she held her cup out for a refill of strong mint tea once the owner passed by once again. He was doting on them like a mother hawk; refilling this, asking how that tasted and offering many free little sample plates of sweet and spicy delicacies in the meantime. Either he'd heard the bit about the Primoris sponsoring his business or, and this was more likely, he was viewing the outing as a date between two important looking figures (An Ordo Highwoman and a rich looking foreigner wearing military livery!?) that meant all sorts of positive things for his business. Herzog noted this and gave the owner a wan, knowing smile. What a funny little man.

"I think it is important to be worldly. See other empires and not be so insular as we are here. The Black Sun is enormous and yet feels walled up. I'm sure you have noticed...it is safe to say so. After all, it is our Infernal majesty who wishes to open the heart of the Black Sun to the world."

And wouldn't that be something?
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:19 pm

"Yes it is a bit of a muddled batch of responsibilities, some of us take too different aspects of that duty more so than others. I favor innovation, exploration, foreign-policy, and erm enforcement and subterfuge when needed." he said trying not to sound or look guilty and hoping she might not look at him with suspicion. "We are as stewards over the Empire and favor different roles, but are linked to a common-duty." he finished. "My first love is conflict, but I realize I cannot focus too much on that role." he told her. "I am also something of an outsider, and am the only non-native Primoris with no blood-ties to the Dra'Sin."

"The world..." he mused. "Never would have guessed..." he said tilting his head at her. He smiled politely at the man and partook of the different delicacies they were being lavished with testing each one and trying to find one which he himself favored. "Which one do you prefer?" he asked her as he studied her features again. "Is there a role you can fulfill to fit your interests then...?" he asked as he sipped the tea for the sake of something to do. He looked at the man and asked him for some native-spirits, he had never imbibed Black-Sun liquor or alcohol now that he had thought of it. "Do you wish to partake as well?" he asked. He almost wanted to ask more about her being given to the Odelisks but it seemed a fairly grim topic and he was not sure he -wanted- to know at this point.

"The Empress is rather forward-thinking and it is best to avoid isolation to avoid stagnation. However I would venture to say that this is an idea that is not always well received, and I would also venture to state the obvious and say such endeavors are somewhat risky." he told her. "However it is the way of things, and that is ironically the reason I came to speak to her." he told the young Ordo. "The world is moving, slowly as it is wont to do, but I am curious and eager to share and learn how she might respond to such opportunities."

Last edited by Fenris on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:05 pm

Herzog didn't look at him with suspicion at all. She, unlike most of the woefully nationalist civilians of Maur Prima and the empire in general knew quite a bit about Celesin and, if they did not trounce the Black Sun they would come very, very close to crippling it. If the Primoris had been planning any foul play he wouldn't need to seek the company of a young woman who wasn't even yet a full blown sorceress of the Ordo. There were other, smarter ways and she was sharp enough to acknowledge that.
“Well that's quite an achievement! If your fellows in arm are all born of...that blood. “Drassin?” well, that would make you very special and capable indeed. Here, there are very, very few Ordo from the beginning of our recorded history until now who could have been in the ranks and not had a very high 'Mark'.” Herzog herself had a rather healthy dollop of Djinn in her as evidenced by her copper toned hair and eyes like ancient bronze: brown and mint. Without the 'mark' it was difficult to come anywhere close to the natural talent of the Djinn which the Ordo needed to perform their magic.
“Why would you not have guessed? Remember, I did run away to your outpost, Fenris”. She was admonished for that all of the time- especially the last time. If they'd found out exactly where she'd gone there would be hell to pay. More of her food was sampled and more mint tea was brought out. However, he was offering her spirits. The Ordo had to pause....she'd never drank before. “I could try it.” she'd say; looking around with a hint of paranoia as if one of her Siptas might burst from the shadow and give her bad marks for it. A few sips before she realized the spicy sweetness coupled with the burn was pleasant as long as she took in very little at the time.
“That is just it” she'd say, “The world is moving and changing all around us. We are not entering our third age of this empire. Two thousand years will pass in three months. By our calenders it is a very important event and big things happened the last time. The first was the founding.” She paused again. All of this was a subject she'd thought of before and plenty. “They say she is too progressive and this is why the failed coup of L'autrichienne took place. I worry for the Maur dynasty, though, I do think there comes a time for change. No longer can we remain insular”
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:18 pm

"I was being facetious doll." he told her tilting his head. "The fact you are curious and wish to travel is something as transparent as water." he told her with a slight smile admiring the colour of her gaze. He saw her cautious partaking of the wine, and leaned back looking at Herzog. "In my experience the Empress is a very capable and even-tempered ruler who knows how to pick her battles, and maintain her rule." he told her. He wanted to say he felt less enthusiastic about Adama taking the throne but did not venture that far in his speech being mindful of where he was.

"That does seem like an important event, therefore it stands to reason a big announcement will be made..." he said evenly as he took another sip of the wine. He looked over at the waiter. "Can I get some kabobs with beef, lamb, zucchini, red pepper, and black olives with onion?" he asked. "About 8 would be nice." he added before looking back at Herzog.

"What do you think would be a good or pleasant thing to do after we finish our meals..." he was indeed enjoying the food very much however, but the company was better. "And who is this L`autrichienne you speak of?" he continued as his own curiosity caught up with him.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:54 pm

Well, then. Now she felt silly! Her eyes widened and she gawked at him for a moment before looking somewhat embarrassed. “Oh, I...I have a habit of being too literal”. Really, it was that she was surrounded at all times by the most literal, humorless people ever. As for his comment on Adama, well, she'd breach that for him-- in the quietest voice she could manage while learning partially across the table. “Yes, the empress regeant is most wise and always full of grace but it is her son I worry for.” Was it the wine or just the fact that she finally had someone to confide in all of this about? Both, perhaps.

“He is still very young. I was his personal tutor only a last year when...he was still. Well-...when he appeared to still be a child. Now he looks very nearly an adult. And part of that growth was chaos within his mind. He was born knowing, you know...Adama Maur.” These were sensitive secrets and rumors she was discussing with them, but, the shop owner was busy in his kitchen making more Naan for the pair and all of his carrying on made enough noise to keep her voice from reaching him. “I think what he has is more than a mark.”

Now, for once, she actually sounded somewhat worried, but, within the tone she carried plenty of wonder and reverence. No one knew how and why Adama was the way he'd been born but whispers on the wind said “Djinn”. Not a mark, just Dt. Which was confusing because, well, how? Herzog snapped out of her brief fugue and actually chugged two big, hard swallows of the wine. It was an unspoken rule that discussing and dwelling on the strange being Ghanima had given birth to was forbidden. Taboo, even. Just as she had she startled and found the man in the fez hanging over them and taking the Primoris' order with the same look of pure joy as before.

“Excuse me...he startled me.” She'd say; blinking as if to clear her vision. “What could we do? Well, I could show you around Maur Prima! Unless of course you've already seen every corner of it along with the Zigurrat. It is customary after meals to walk with a guest and talk. I could tell you of L'autrichienne. She is a symbol of very recent and very dark times.”
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Fenris smiled at her obvious embarrassment and leaned closer as her eyes widened. "That is quite a pretty colour." he told her maintaining a friendly smile before he glanced down to take another sip of his wine. "I met him before." he said in a low tone. "With you as a matter of fact... Do you not recall how his reaction against me tutoring him in the ways of the blade as was requested by the Empress?" he asked with a slight tilt of his head. "I also gave him his first sword." he told her with a shrug. "But I see your concern." he told her. He did not want to discuss such a subject at length in a public place however more for her sake than his own.

"We could walk after we are done, though I have seen some of the city, perhaps one of the parks." he told her. "And yes please enlighten me to this L'autrie- sorry its a bit hard to pronounce for my tongue." he said apologetically. "Though I would like to discuss more of certain events in a more secure location for both our sakes." he told her as he leaned a bit closer fixing her with a more concerned gaze for a brief moment before the Waiter came with his requested meal in perhaps record time. "Give me the check next, unless the lady here wants to order anything." he said. "Also before we leave I would like to see the owner and give him a reward for his good service and fine cuisine."

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:00 pm

"...What is?- Oh." Herzog realized he was leaning in to see her eyes and it clicked. She'd certainly never thought they were anything remarkable. Strange eye colors were rampant within the Black Sun and, goodness, had he seen the empress' eyes? They reminded her of a sunset. The Acolyte realized she was inwardly denying her right to a compliment and smiled sweetly at the Primoris; mint and deep bronze eyes twinkling. " You flatter me Fenris...thank you. I don't think anyone has noticed the color before."

Now, she busied her hands with a slightly bashful air about her and sipped more of the wine. Now it really did taste nice now that she'd gotten used to it and it made her cheeks slightly warm. "And I do remember now. It has been a while and, contrary to his...energy he does still seem to cherish that weapon. I have caught him with it against his rip rather than his bejewled khopesh many, many times. For all that he complains I do believe you left a mark on him with that gift" Fenris suggested they go for a walk and discuss "sensitive issues", which got both of her brows going skyward and a brief, giddy sense of importance. Sensitive issues with a mere acolyte? Oh!

While she mulled that over with a faint smile the owner's waitstaff returned and brought Fenris his meal while a woman (it was customary to have two servers for a different sex couple in order to make them feel special or some such) leaned over Herzog and asked sweetly if the Ordo could repeat what she had just mumbled.

"Sorry, ah-...I would only like naan with your hunnaius blend chutney?" This time, she answered in the standard tongue since they both understood it. They'd scurry off and, within moments, her own meal was brought out since both items were pre-prepared: three bubbled flatbreads that smelled of garlic and spices and what looked not unlike salsa but smelled completely different. The bread was met with a scoop of chutney before she ate a bit and cooed with appreciation.

"I am ready when you are. I will tell you of L'autrichienne and any other history you might be curious about." While speaking the owner joined them and stood over their table before folding himself down to sit with them. He wore a big, expectant and yet confused smile for the Primoris.
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Fenris saw that he had flattered her, and that was something of his intent, she did not seem very aware of her own beauty. "A crime that is." he said in reference to no one noticing her eye-colour before. "That is surprising, but I don't think I will think too much on it... He might just prefer a falcata to a khopesh." he told her. He was happy for the food and dug into his kabob, but also was vigilant for any hummus that was still around. "I would enjoy having access to this cuisine more often." he told her absently as he ate.

Fenris listened to her, and he was bout to respond when the owner came in. "Oh." he told the man. "This is a very great establishment, I would like to invest in it..." he said as he took out a writ and scribbled on it with a pen. He gave it to the chef and the equivalent would be at least 15,000 in contemporary money. "I am hoping you can open up other restaurants in my own Empire, I believe the people would benefit from access to such fine cuisine and a different culture... I will leave my contact information before I leave." he said smiling at the man respectfully. "You can thank your... cousin was it?" he asked looking back to Herzog. "For recommending this as a place for us to dine." he told him.

After the male finished with his pleasantries and showing gratitude or whatever his reaction was and left he would continue eating and ask Herzog about who L'autrichienne was. He would continue to eat as she spoke listening intently till they were done. He would order some Kabobs to go, and some hummus and more garlic bread and then prepare to go for that walk.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:09 pm

"That is what he would claim, of course. The young emperor is not without the pride of the Maur bloodline." Oh, how bold of her! It must have been the wine which she had just finished. "What is this...could I have more of it?" she'd say. Seems little Herzog had already taken a shine to the stuff. "And if you like this you should have more of the cuisine made by private chefs within the Zigurrat. of course this is just as good and why I brought you here, to say."

Herzog pulled off another chunk of flatbread, dipped it and chewed quietly while Fenris then addrssed the newly arrived owner; her eyebrow going up with positive interest when he offered to open a new restaurant. She nodded when he addressed her and inclined her head to the overly giddy owner as a farewell once he all but skipped back to his kitchens.

Soon enough they were back onto the streets of Maur Prima's mezzanine level; past the shops, machinated rikshaws zooming past them and Fenris might notice that some of the little onyx, hematite and black mother of pearl effigies sold at many booths resembled Bahst, Sophonax and even the Equus Helios. Of course by now they were both no strangers as to why and such things had turned Herzog's worldview upside down. Had this inspired her wanderlust? When out of the thick throngs of rich citizens and visiting foreigners alike, she began to tell him.

"L'autrichienne is just a name for a warlord given to her in a foreign land. I believe it means "The bitch" to not be so gentle. She, and her name is Kriese Maur to say, believes it to be a compliment. You should note her last name indeed, Fenris...she is of the ruling bloodline."

"It is said that her father was the champion lord of war for the Emperor Regeant of two rulers past, 'Sahada Maur'. This man's name was Loga-roch Maur. He was ruthless, stamped out an old resurgence of he bitterness of Konstar and though he was what you may call a despot and a dictator, his rule boasted no war and death for the Black Sun. All civil war ground to a stop under Sahada's name with the assistance of this man who was Sahada's brother and the only man he trusted. He is Ghanima Maur's grandfather."

Herzog paused now that they were entering the Green; a lush artificial reserve in the center of the floating city that sprawled; boasting many kinds of fruit trees from all over the Black Sun continent, flowers both national and foreign and a thousand year old tree in the center which they had carefully uprooted from Iisa and transported to the city some twenty years prior. It was sacred. Soon, she'd gather her black and bronze silks to sit just outside of the small, swirling hedge maze that protected the mentioned sacred tree and on a hand carved obsidian and silver bench.

"When Sahada's son came to age, the following emperor and Ghanima's father he was widely known as without spine. But, not so much that he was incapable of brutality and murder. He, and his name was  Muhajeed Maur, came to power at seventeen when Sahada had fallen ill and became the emperor regeant. Immediately he saw the threat to his ill-informed intentions for ruling the Black Sun and ordered, quietly to the Bedrocks, that Loga-Roch Maur's entire family line and even the lands he ruled be decimated. Their bodies defiled before burning; ashes mixed to one and blown away on the winds. Loga-Roch found out, but too late to avoid the razing of his lands and the people on it, his wife and five sons. He only managed to save his daughter, Kreise Maur as she was away with three hundred of his elite men upon a foreign continent where he meant for her to be trained to take his place as the new Emperor's champion lord of war. You see, his sons were oafish, shallow and unworthy. It was only Kriese who had the cunning and the skill to truly take up his mantle."

She'd pause to give him a chance to ask questions and consider certain details before continuing.
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:24 pm

Noted Herzogs shine to the wine, and took a bottle for his own use later as he did not imagine the owner would begrudge him of such a thing after his offer. He would offer to share some with her later, but he would not be so crass as to partake in the middle of the street on a diplomatic mission. He listened to her tell the story of the old dynasty, and a general of the house of Maur. "You said Lord Champion but his name was also Maur? So he was seen as a threat to the throne?" he asked. He did not want to comment too much or actually pry too deep, as he was cautious of possibly upsetting her.

He asked this as they made their way into the garden. "So Kriese is this L'autrichienne?" he asked. "I see... or is she perhaps descended from this person?" he asked. He was not crass enough to drink on this mission in public, but would reach inside for his pipe as he admired the greenery of the garden. It was a fairly interesting topic, but he wondered if there was deeper meaning in what was being said, Herzog had mentioned somethings earlier that made him think this L'autrichienne" may not be trusted, but he also shared Herzogs concerns about Adama, and her respect of Ghanima. He would merely learn, and made it a point to stay uninvolved in these matters for Herzogs sake as well as his own, unless it was absolutely necessary.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:46 am

"Yes, he was seen as a threat by Muhajeed who used—“ she had to pause. Herzog wasn’t even supposed to know about the Bedrocks, much less tell someone about them. But nothing flew under the noses of the Ordo. “…He used assassins and shadow militias against Loga-Roch and razed his establishments to the ground as mentioned, but they were not as thorough as planned” Herzog gazed at the enormous tree for a moment and then smoke again now that her thoughts were properly gathered. She was in a bit of a haze from the wine.

“Yes, Kriese Maur is the L’autrichienne. And five years prior she made her bid for the throne and nearly toppled Ghanima’s reign, destroyed much of the city and even crippled the Zigurrat, itself. Have you ever seen a city crash to the ground, Primoris? It is not something one can forget—especially when within said city” Herzog pursed her lips and pushed the old memories aside. “She came very close to killing Empress Maur and usurping the throne once she had forcefully grounded Maur Prima”

That, at least, should have answered his questions about L’autrichienne being trustworthy or not. The answer was a resounding ‘no’.

“She knew to strike at the perfect time and chose her window after the death of the Empress’ consort, Matheson. He would have been ruler as well but was assassinated by one ‘Fureya’ and ‘Achreios’, known agents of terror. It is suspected Kreise Maur may have had the event arranged. L’autrichienne obviously lost her coup, her militias soon defeated by our own and those of the seven dominions of the Black Sun.”

Now, she looked to him and did indeed seem a little bit tipsy. Or, perhaps, his chosen smoke had a soporific effect on her. “If you are curious, somehow, Kriese Maur survived. She only licks her wounds now and we understand she may well return….certainly if Konstar gets word.”
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:18 am

Fenris listened to the Ordo as she spoke, and picked up on some points of her hesitance resisting the urge to smirk, and succeeding for the most part. She really was quite excitable though when her story moved to more somber places he frowned slightly. The place seemed to be in pretty good shape all things considered. "I have met Fureya before." he told her. "It's been years however, and I have heard of Achreios as those two were responsible for a bit of a party back in Lu'Rae about a year or so back." he told her. "Have not seen them since." he said as they continued. "As for this L'Autrichienne" person she certainly seems like trouble, if I were Ghanima I would make sure she was neutralized as a threat by any means necessary, though I know such things are complicated here, and many times it always seems to come back too house Konstar."

"You seem a bit tired, shall I walk to your accommodations?" he asked not wanting to put her through the ringer when she was inebriated, he was trying to be thoughtful though he felt something predatory within himself that was stimulated by her bubbly attitude but whether he might indulge such a path remained to be seen, and his intentions were certainly not malicious if not just a tad base.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:25 am

Fenris caught her by surprise with his admission that he knew Fureya.  Naturally, a brief hint of suspicion crossed her features, followed by shock, horror and then the cogs began to turn. “You realize the Empress would still offer quite a bit of compensation for information on that duo, yes? I m-mean…of course you already are no doubt financially secure but, perhaps if you see it fit in your heart…”

Yes, Herzog wasn’t nearly as zealous as most being that she was an Ordo—they were almost a nation unto themselves with a frightening amount of soveignety that most felt was a bit too far, but, she was still a citizen of the empire, within the elite and revered ranks and plenty close to the Empress. They had all felt her pain when murder took the Queen Consort’s life away from him. They all held bitterness as well. An entire nation with a blood debt? Close enough. “Even if you have not seen them, knowledge is golden, it is power, it is a savior. At your will, of course.”

Rather than push him, she decided to leave him with the will on the matter and inclined her skull at the mention of being tired. ‘I do tire, yes, many thanks to you for escorting me! Usually it is Sirhan who sees to my safety, but, he is currently relieved.’ And, also, she’d demanded more autonomy from him as well. Sometimes he was good company and engaging while others he was like an overbearing shadow. But Herzog understood it was his job and purpose to do so.

“To speak more of Kreise? The empress and her son would both agree. She is a danger while breathing, alas, of all we gave promised to those both dedicated to the empire and ‘free coin-men’ no one has been able to find her.” The term she had mentioned was a rough translation of her classic language (which faded only to vernacular in everyday use with the standard tongue) for something equivalent to a head hunter. Bounty as a career was rather illustrious a career all throughout the empire and even came with a touch of celebrity.

“Perhaps you should recommend a worthy tracker to her infernal majesty and send him in pursuit of Kreise Maur??” she'd say; leading him back toward the main, gleaming black road and walkway mezzanine that would take them to the zigurrat. They would find themselves dodging unbanned and hovering rickshaws and other vehicles in no time.
Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:00 pm

Fenris raised those dark brows at her, as she seemed all too keen on investigating Fureya and Achreios. "To be honest I don't know much, I never was... Close with her, and when I did interact with her it was years ago... I do know the details of what transpired in Celesin, though I'm not sure if that is considered an open-subject, however I will say that ever since that incident we have not seen hide nor hair of them, and that this one Achreios was apparently capable of manifesting through his own followers." he told her. She had already shared much with him, it was only fair he return the favor. "They corrupted the Emperors Son Dragos also known as Sogard, the family sought to bring him back in the fold, but the influence of Achreios was too great for him..." he told her. "When we brought him to Celesin they sprung him free..."

He narrowed his gaze, it had been sometime since this incident, and though he had not been directly involved it left him feeling rather empty that nothing had come from such a thing. He sighed as he frowned for a moment. "Sirhan eh?" he asked giving her a small smile. "Well I'm sure the duties of an Ordo merit protection." he told her with a slight tilt of his head looking at her "knowingly".

"I am a tracker, I have a mission to enact, but I suppose I could offer some Ultonis to the Empress if I cannot go myself, though I rather would since this Kriese person sounds dangerous but there are other matters that are of urgency that I also must attend too..." he said. "I will speak to the Empress about this, I assure you..." he said as they made their way up to the Mezzanine towards her accommodations, keeping an eye on her balance as they traversed into a more busy street.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Herzog Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:21 am

Herzog was happy he seemed to be invested in her balance as, well, it was certainly off. Her legs seemed slightly unsure of themselves and the world had a little bit of a swim to it. So, she tucked her arm under his and set to walk with him in stride toward the enormous obsidian pyramid that jutted toward the sky and under a dun that began to set. Up here if the moon rose it would be enormous, but, the Primoris knew that—wasn’t Lu’Rae in the sky as well

“Oh you needn’t divulge so much that it should put any of the codes or status you live by in jeopardy. I only know that spilling their blood would bring the empress joy in retribution, and—“ Now she really had to pause. “—and the power they hold. The Ordo would see that it was theirs. Something truly formidable could only will someone to die that way…the way that Queen Consort and champion Matheson was taken? The higher matrices say it was not simply will but something perhaps conscious.”

At the mention of Sirhan and the look she only looked somewhat confused and then smiled; taking him literally as usual. Herzog thought his humor and mannerisms were funny but also sometimes alien. They were bound to continue flying over her sheltered little head until she knew him better. “Mh, yes, they are important I suppose.”

By now, they had reached the sprawling stepped entry of the ziggurat. Herzog, of course, made no move to shoo him away as he was a diplomat for another empire and not offering him a stay would have been more than rude. “The empress is not currently in Maur Prima, but, is in the capital of Maur itself and on the continent. She will return on the morrow. Rest your head in a suite in the ziggurat, Primoris. In that for tomorrow we may speak again and you might allow me stories of Celesin?”

It was only fair!

Herzog
Herzog
Neophyte
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:52 pm

"Well it does not seem too deep into things, and it almost common knowledge at this point within the Empire." he told her. "Still I appreciate what you have confided in me, so I should show you the same trust no?" he asked her as he guided her wobbly form. "They are certainly a threat but I have not seen hide nor hair of them since the last incident..." he told her as they arrived. "I can explain more on Celesin tomorrow, though I am by no means the most well informed on the Empires history or culture." he told her with a small smile. "I am a foreigner there as well... Can you make it to your apartment alright?" he asked turning to look her more in the eye. "I should at least escort you to the door, as its only right." he said though unsure if they had the same "customs" in Black-Sun, though he could be chauvinistic at times. Assuming they made it to her door without incident he would take her hand if allowed and gently brushed his lips upon her dark skin.

Fenris
Salty Dog
Salty Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum